• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been called a hippie, and no, I don't mind, at all. Except for a certain clothing style, I didn't follow that road too extreme though (washing and stuff, still very important to me :p). Same goes for the treehugger-image that's usually attached to this stereotype as well. Don't mind it, and yes, it is a part of me...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have a problem with the term "hippie" because what I think of as a hippie, doesn't necessarily match up with what "the mainstream" thinks of a hippie.

First off, I think of a hippie as a true, genuine, non-superficial lover of the world, freedom, nature, equality, etc. It's more or less a general term as long as it meets basic standards of one who is true, pure, and not doing it because other people do it, or because it's cool, and labels them. I feel that a lot of people fake it..I see a lot of people at school with peace shirts, and beatles stuff, and it drives me nuts, because they all do it to be cool, becuase it's "in"...

I think people, today, think of hippies as people who wear tie dye, with birkenstock sandals, beatles shirts, bandanas, peace signs everyone, and that it is just a passing fling, that people use to stay up with the trends..and everyone is biug on saving the world with global warming, and loving everyone, and yet they sit around and don't do anything about it. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

When I find a person who I think is a true hippie, it's not based on what they wear, what music they listen to, who they hang out with, what they like doing, or how big their ego is..I see a hippie as a simple person on the outside, but a very deep person on the inside, who really has their heart set at the values that one may consider a hippie to have.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a problem with the term "hippie" because what I think of as a hippie, doesn't necessarily match up with what "the mainstream" thinks of a hippie.

First off, I think of a hippie as a true, genuine, non-superficial lover of the world, freedom, nature, equality, etc. It's more or less a general term as long as it meets basic standards of one who is true, pure, and not doing it because other people do it, or because it's cool, and labels them. I feel that a lot of people fake it..I see a lot of people at school with peace shirts, and beatles stuff, and it drives me nuts, because they all do it to be cool, becuase it's "in"...

I think people, today, think of hippies as people who wear tie dye, with birkenstock sandals, beatles shirts, bandanas, peace signs everyone, and that it is just a passing fling, that people use to stay up with the trends..and everyone is biug on saving the world with global warming, and loving everyone, and yet they sit around and don't do anything about it. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

When I find a person who I think is a true hippie, it's not based on what they wear, what music they listen to, who they hang out with, what they like doing, or how big their ego is..I see a hippie as a simple person on the outside, but a very deep person on the inside, who really has their heart set at the values that one may consider a hippie to have.
:yes:

:wubbie:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My family members and closest friends would more likely call me a "hippie." I guess people I know see me as a hippie because they see that spirit in me. I really don't mind being called one either, because I don't take that word literally, and people can think whatever they want about me.

In actuality, I never touched an ounce of weed, never been near it (besides at parties- but never tried it- am not against it either). I never did drugs (personal decision) and don't believe in promiscuity (personal reasons). But, I'm not a staunch control freak out there to dictate peoples' lives, either. People can do whatever the hell they want so long as they're not hurting others in order to make themselves happy is my mores.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I been called a hippie or free spirit many, many, many times. It's not offensive to me at all. I fit in more with what people would call a "modern urban hippie". I wear vegan makeup & I enjoy nature & am a free-thinker (Btw, I shower & wash my hair often!), etc.. I do not smoke bud or drink or live an outrageous lifestyle. Someone told me that I look like I would know where to get that good chronic :confused:. Lol. People always comment about my clothing & accessories being really funky. I think it's a combination of how I dress & think that make people think that. :alttongue:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my wife and I :D

hippie%20photos%20vieux.gif

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I often get called a 'hippie', however, I do think that people are picking up on my ideals, way of life and my general personality and aligning it with that movement, more so than they are my idea of fashion or music etc. I don't really mind the term however, I don't really want to be boxed into a genre of person... LOL. Would I consider myself a hippie?? No probably not...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Someone told me that I look like I would know where to get that good chronic :confused:.

Yeah I get this too. I think I've been asked at least 10+ times by strangers if I knew where to find weed.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
hmmmm I think I saw your dad at a phish concert a few years ago...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ uh thanks!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry that was a real thanks to everyone except kyuuei!!

pure sarcasm for you! that's my parents how can you dislike it!!?? look how cute they are!! haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh it just occurred to me that maybe she was just answering the op!! haha sorry...carry on. :)