• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I like it. No matter how naive or unrealistic or stupid or hippie my thoughts and viewpoints and suggestions are called, it still indicates that they are noticed.

I have even managed to do something. I made my mother compost our biowaste and buy organic eggs.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A hippie?!?!?! Holy jumping fish in the mouth of an anteater!!!!

Dude, no offense, but no one has EVER accused me of being a hippie.

Strange and bizarre? Yes.
Crazy fart? Definitely.
Absent-minded professor? A few times.
Dumbass? All the time.
Easily distracted? More times than I would like to recall.
ADD or Alzheimer's patient? Well, only once.

But a HIPPIE?!?!?!?! Never.

Yet.

Yeah, okay, when is the next dumbass going to come and call me a hippie just to break the record??? I see it coming....

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Ok, so I didn't read the whole thread. Actually I didn't read anything but the 1st post and LL's no one has called me a hippie yet post. LOL

But anywho, I kinda like it when anyone calls me anything. It makes me laugh. It makes me think. It gives me something else to consider.

Anytime anyone or anything tells me to describe myself, I just can't. I absolutely love it when someone tells me what they think of me.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
The hippy culture was started by XSFP's and follow for a brief period by XNFP's who where looking for self bettering or "enlightenment". When they realized that there wasn't anything in that culture, they moved on. It can somewhat bother me if people look at me as a hippy. I would rather be look at like Ghandi.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't hate it. There are several things that could come to mind like drugs for example. I don't like being associated with that or the sleeping around part. Other than that I couldn't care less. I've been called worse.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am a naturalist and a hippie at heart.

When someone sees/understands this about me, I like and appreciate it very much!!!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The hippie stereotype is classic Se engaging in an infantile Ni.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hippies are bad ass!! my parents were the coolest pair of hippies you'd ever wanna meet...haha...but i'm no hippie...my views may be...but i certainly don't "look" like a hippie...just cuz i like fashion and make up and stuff haha

even at that time i'd be the cool mod style chic instead. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INFP is the classic hippy type. I've known a couple of hippy-ish INFPs.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
How often people see you as hippie?

And do you like it or not?

I ask because usual stereotype for NFs is hippie.

I've always wanted to be a hippie but never been one. In a way it is romanticised as my true self even. So yeh, I love being called a hippie. I never have got called it though. I normally get the, "you are a little too intelligent, sane and together for someone involved in this" line. Which normally gets a token smile then a roll of the eyes as they walk off.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Mu hubbie and I were called hippies by my son's friends because of the music we liked. They had no idea what a hippie was. They figured it was anyone who listened to rock music and like to party a little (alcohol only) and had a few progressive ideas. :doh:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Been called hippie more times than I'd like. I can't always work out why.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I am a hippie.

Hippies are any one who is free spirited or 'liberal' in their views and/or lifestyle or basically stand out in any bohemian or libertine way.

A lot of people that are call 'hippies' are insulted because they identify more as punks, anarchists, educated and worldly, or _______________, but not hippies. Punks despise hippies, btw, at least the young ones.

True hippies know who they are.

By the way, I hate hippies, too, but I know other people might make the mistake of thinking I am one.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
wow that made my head spin a little. fun :D.

I don't hate hippies, but I am no where near close to being one so I can't relate to the OP. I'm a believer in live and let live, so as long as hippies don't try to get me to conform to their ways (e.g. stop washing my hair and shaving my pits, etc) them I'm down with whatever they're doing.

anyway, interesting thread b/c cafe and I were just talking about hippies last night and concluded that I'm more of a city girl and she's more of a country girl.