• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
How often people see you as hippie?

And do you like it or not?

I ask because usual stereotype for NFs is hippie.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
How often people see you as hippie?

And do you like it or not?

I ask because usual stereotype for NFs is hippie.

LMFAO, are you serious?

If being open minded and nice is being a hippy then I guess people see me as a hippy. When I hear the word hippy, I get an image of maybe, drugs, nudism, casual sex, long hair, stupid, but above all nice. Still I think people see me as the farthest thing from hippy, they probably see me as a loud mouthed talking machine that is super goofy and yet turns serious with the flip of a switch.

To answer your question, I think that I would not be labled as a hippy, but more on the likes of a party animal (sadly I don't party).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
LMFAO, are you serious?

If being open minded and nice is being a hippy then I guess people see me as a hippy. When I hear the word hippy, I get an image of maybe, drugs, nudism, casual sex, long hair, stupid, but above all nice. Still I think people see me as the farthest thing from hippy, they probably see me as a loud mouthed talking machine that is super goofy and yet turns serious with the flip of a switch.

To answer your question, I think that I would not be labled as a hippy, but more on the likes of a party animal (sadly I don't party).

I do not agree with the stereotype but that is why I ask.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the hippie stereotype is specific to INFPs and maybe ISFPs.

And yeah, it's an irritating stereotype. Mostly because it seems so often to be valid.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
If someone ever called me a hippie I would find it an excellent opportunity to ask them what they think a hippie is and precisely what it is about me that represents that. Hippie is an interesting label (not to say that hippies are interesting, but the label seems to be obsolete).

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
my folks call me a hippy because I am the only liberal in the family and my co-workers (who are all over 55) call me a hippy and a bum for how often I am getting and quitting other jobs and how often I grab my backpack and hit the road.

And I don't hate it on either count.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't remember anyone ever calling me that. But I don't really look like a hippy. I look more like a displaced librarian and people usually think I'm more conservative and uptight than I actually am.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
People at school call me a hippie and a pot-head (which is not true) because I wear a tie-die bandanna, and because of the music I like

gokartride

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an artist working in a company full of scientists, analysts and regulators. I get away w/ all kinds of stuff!!!!! :D

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i love been label as and being associated with hippies, yes...

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
If you are talking about appearances, then no I don't mind. I don't happen to think I look like a hippie, but it doesn't matter if others think I do.

What I don't like is when people dismiss my ideas or perspectives as naive, idealistic, or impractical.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have some granola-mom tendencies that get me branded with the "hippie" label on a fairly regular basis. I don't really mind if it doesn't seem like the person saying it considers it an insult. I do underscore at every opportunity that I don't play a digeridoo and I bathe regularly.

LowEnd

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been called a hippie many a time in my life.

100% of which occurred when I had long hair.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Don't think I've ever been called such. I can understand how someone might think so when listening to my approach to certain topics. But really, I'm way too violent and "blood thirsty" and neurotic to be anything close to a laid back "make love not war" type.

I like Cafe's misplaced librarian comment. I think it fits me. =)

tereza

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've never been called a hippie before. I was once called a free spirit though...I rather liked that.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
yea, i was actually called a free spirit by this psychologist friend of mine

she never figured me out either... but i like the title

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I get along with hippies and like many of them, but I like wearing my Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein. I don't even own any denim jeans, all my pants are nothing but khaki or cargo. So when I do get around hippies I'm not well received, not that they argue , but they just ignore me. My politics are neither Conservative or Liberal , I'm a Constitutionalist, I tend to be hated by Neo-Cons and Liberals, but I've always liked a lot about hippies. I've always wanted to go to a Rainbow Gathering.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
yea, i don't dress as they do... but i always seem to get sucked up into their circle of friends... you know, the "let's get high" group...

maybe its something about how i chill with them, looks, liberal ideas... idk...

_kityz_r_us_

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been called a hippie many times. :) Maybe it's because I like to make peace signs... :laugh: