• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well maybe the concerned parties shouldn't be acting like god damn hippies then

:coffee:
action->consequences my friends.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I can't imagine my Docker and button down shirt wearing, conservative, basically non-drinking, clean cut ENFJ being called a hippy. :yim_rolling_on_the_

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hahahaha. i guess i'm kind of hippieish in some ways but i have a technology fetish that totally kills it. and a thing for awesome shoes. i do like going barefoot sometimes and i think it's funny how it makes people upset, they're my feet, they're clean, and i have cute toenail polish on, leave me alone. it's 95 degrees out and i am not trapping my foot in some prison of a closed-toe flat because you're afraid the grass is going to give me germs. take you and your weak immune system somewhere else and let me enjoy the cool swishy grass before someone replaces it with a shopping center. ;)

to answer AO's question, it does not bother me if people associate some of my tendencies with hippie-ness, but it does bother me if they then associate that with irresponsibility, drug use, ugly buses, or other stereotypes i would prefer not to be associated with. on the whole i would just prefer if they understood it as enjoying and respecting the planet.

i like the term free spirit better. :yes:

ceecee said:
I can't imagine my Docker and button down shirt wearing, conservative, basically non-drinking, clean cut ENFJ being called a hippy.

:laugh:
yeah seriously, i can't imagine my prada-toting, high-heel flaunting ENFJ friend as a hippie either. nor the INFJ or two that i know. i have a hard time seeing most Js preferring the hippie lifestyle, much less clothing style.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't really hate it, I'm just kind of confused by it.

I was called a pothead by other kids in school before I knew what it meant. Teachers would accuse me of being high, and send me down to the office. People would come up to me and ask if I had any weed or knew where to find some, despite never even having touched the stuff before (I couldn't even tell you what it looked like.)

I have been called a hippie many times, but I'm really nothing like one. I dress very plainly, even, though some things I wore looked a little bohemian-esque. I used to have waist-length hair, though I don't think that'd be enough. I'm nice, liberal leaning, open-minded, and would play the ukulele and sing at school events sometimes, but the similarities stop there. I think the fact that I might look a little bit spacy (I'm not a morning person, I was always zombie-tired in school!) combined with being a loner and no one really knowing anything about me, allowed others to fill in the blanks, and were consequently wrong most of the time. I grew tired of correcting them, so just let people think what they wanted. I've gotten everything from goody-goody to pothead. :shrug:

I'm much too serious and afraid of getting into trouble to be a hippie, but I do admire their free-spiritedness.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'd love it, but I'm way too rigid to be one.

KDude

I'm much too serious and afraid of getting into trouble to be a hippie, but I do admire their free-spiritedness.

I think that maybe half of them get in trouble and are Jenny from Forrest Gump. Then the other half are like the teacher in Beavis and Butthead.

I don't think I was seen for being Bohemian either. I remember getting laughed at in my first day in middle school, for "probably" having some bohemian touches here and there. I had holes in my jeans and some lame shirt or something. I don't remember. Over time, I made some friends who let me borrow clothes. Basically, I was...poor and needed help. Not Bohemian. My tastes revolved skateboarding, comic books, and metal and punk. I started playing the guitar around the same time, and the first few songs I ever learned were from the 60's actually. Except one was Pipeline. A surf song. The other was Hey Joe.. about some guy who killed his wife. Somehow I managed to pick the two hits from the 60's that weren't hippy songs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if I'm a hippy, we're doomed. but no i don't care if someone labels me as a hippy.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nobody ever called me a hippie...but they have asked for drugs...even when I've never smoked pot or taken any drugs...not that I'm being a prude; I just probably will not do drugs.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had dreadlocks in my early 20's and people would always treat me like was some all knowing spiritual guru pot head....yea, it was annoying. Although I think I may have been a hippie in a past life... do! :doh:

KDude

Well, this is funny.. Here I am complaining about labels, but I did do "seemingly" hippy things like drugs.

I just never associated drugs with hippies necessarily. I lived in a world of drug abuse, and a lot of people were just lost kids like myself; older people who were once lost kids and just graduated into being really unsanitary losers; along with even murderers and people literally in the Mexican Mafia even. A cesspool really. My point being that drugs really have little to do with hippies.

Lark

Never had this problem.

I hate people who make erroneous social class judgements about me, snobs mainly, and I've not liked being labelled as conservative.

wolfy

awsm
When I was younger I really was a hippie. I still have a lot of that in me. It doesn't bother me if people call me a hippie.

Mole

Permabanned
When I was younger I really was a hippie. I still have a lot of that in me. It doesn't bother me if people call me a hippie.

There were three kinds of hippie. The political hippie, the drug hippie and the mystical hippie. The political hippies destroyed themselves through violence. The drug hippies destroyed themselves through addiction. While the mystical hippies sought the mystical tradition of buddhism and joined the internet.

Consider, the mystical hippies dreamt of heaven and pure spirits, while we are disembodied on the internet transcending time and space.

wolfy

awsm
I had some kind of combination of mystical/drug/travelling beatnik kind of hippie mindset. I gave up drugs a long time ago. But I think people don't change in mindset all that much. They just get better in application.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
no. i used to live in this bibbidi bobbidi town filled with reiki masters and yogis.
picnics near healing pyramids and hot springs meditation and such. the live music
at night was great. had so much fun. i don't think of myself as a hippie though. i
just like their way of expressing themselves. and the ganja was great, but
i'll always be more rock n'roll than mellow.

cfs1992

I've been called many times. And I like it!

But I don't do drugs (and would never do), and do not agree with "free love", at least for me.

And I really like the movement too... ;)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhbxI5eVnM4&feature=player_embedded"]:wubbie:[/YOUTUBE]

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah.

But I'm more of an angry, antisocial version of a hippie (as opposed to either the flower child or the Marxist wannabe):

clownsg8.jpg

I'm a bit of an "enfant terrible". I'd be like... the Stephen Colbert of hippies. So...