MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Oh good!
    I try retiring from forums and then I regret it. I'm the same - trying to take longer breaks. (:
    I understand.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I could join a sorority. That sounds ridiculous enough that I just might like it. That said, my studies must always come first lest I lose my scholarship. I can only imagine what my mother would say. There is also that UU place I've been meaning to try. My mother has a tracker in me and always knows where I am, and she would be pissed if she knew I went across town to see a church, especially a non-JW church.

I've been fast-walking at night a few times a week, but I should do more.

I really can't mess up this next job. It will give me the power and resources to help others. Everybody should be helpful.
    Awesome! I think actually a little extracurricular activity tends to raise grades. Some correlation with busier people and better time management. You can always back off a little if you need to focus more on your studies for a bit.

Your mom has a tracker on you? (Wait - in you?) It's up to you, but I think that would feel like crossing a rightful privacy line to me. You are a legal adult at this point, after all.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Awesome! I think actually a little extracurricular activity tends to raise grades. Some correlation with busier people and better time management. You can always back off a little if you need to focus more on your studies for a bit.

Your mom has a tracker on you? (Wait - in you?) It's up to you, but I think that would feel like crossing a rightful privacy line to me. You are a legal adult at this point, after all.
    Sounds awesome! They are doing rush right now on campus, so I'll probably just jump into some random one and have a good laugh with some people my age. Why not?

Yes, she put it in years ago, and if I won't tell her where I've been, she can just look it up. That, and the fact that she has eyes and ears everywhere means I never got away with much. Still don't.

I grew up with lots of surveillance and no expectation of privacy. That is how my mother found out I had dissent with the JW moral structure before I said anything. She checks my history and spies on me all the time. She has always been like "I always know what's best," but I disagree now. She gives great practical advice and is good at picking up details I miss(my personal weak points), but her morals and imagination could use a tune up. I feel that her perceptions of right and wrong are very skewed toward tradition over reason.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Sounds awesome! They are doing rush right now on campus, so I'll probably just jump into some random one and have a good laugh with some people my age. Why not?

Yes, she put it in years ago, and if I won't tell her where I've been, she can just look it up. That, and the fact that she has eyes and ears everywhere means I never got away with much. Still don't.

I grew up with lots of surveillance and no expectation of privacy. That is how my mother found out I had dissent with the JW moral structure before I said anything. She checks my history and spies on me all the time. She has always been like "I always know what's best," but I disagree now. She gives great practical advice and is good at picking up details I miss(my personal weak points), but her morals and imagination could use a tune up. I feel that her perceptions of right and wrong are very skewed toward tradition over reason.
    Haha, do it!! Awesome!!

That's kinda scary, about the tracking. It's one thing to be a little overprotective, but that is sort of violating your right to independence as a person. It's one thing in your four-year-old for safety... Very different in an 18-year-old. Does she have a plan to let you get it out at any point? Like I said - I don't need to make your decisions for you any more than your mom does, but that one leans a little too far into the cult zone for me, especially now that you're an adult. If it's an implant, you could probably get a medical professional - maybe an urgent care, even - to very willingly take it out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Haha, do it!! Awesome!!

That's kinda scary, about the tracking. It's one thing to be a little overprotective, but that is sort of violating your right to independence as a person. It's one thing in your four-year-old for safety... Very different in an 18-year-old. Does she have a plan to let you get it out at any point? Like I said - I don't need to make your decisions for you any more than your mom does, but that one leans a little too far into the cult zone for me, especially now that you're an adult. If it's an implant, you could probably get a medical professional - maybe an urgent care, even - to very willingly take it out.
    Never thought much of it, but I can probably do it. She has one in my phone, too, I got a text that I was being tracked by her number. I thought that was just being redundant.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You need this tracker out now, ASAP. It's bad enough to do that to a kid, but you are an adult now, and have the same expectation of privacy as every adult. Get a new phone as soon as you can, too. For now, you might be able to frustrate the tracker there by having the phone entirely off - battery removed and all. And do check out the UU place. Do things - as Skylights and I have both said now, find things to do: work, school, UU, exercise, time with friends/classmates, whatever. Focus on those, and happiness will find you.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You need this tracker out now, ASAP. It's bad enough to do that to a kid, but you are an adult now, and have the same expectation of privacy as every adult. Get a new phone as soon as you can, too. For now, you might be able to frustrate the tracker there by having the phone entirely off - battery removed and all. And do check out the UU place. Do things - as Skylights and I have both said now, find things to do: work, school, UU, exercise, time with friends/classmates, whatever. Focus on those, and happiness will find you.
    Thank you.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Never thought much of it, but I can probably do it. She has one in my phone, too, I got a text that I was being tracked by her number. I thought that was just being redundant.
    Lol, no kidding. I'm on board with Coriolis about this, though. Privacy is a human right. If it doesn't bother you, it's your decision, but I think you should be able to choose where you go and what you do for yourself without fear.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Thank you.
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

MBTI