• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Manipulation

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We ENFPs are pretty good with people, reading them, we're also good with taking advantage of opportunities, pushing possibilities... This is our playground, and we rely on some crude Te for this. Isn't this always manipulation in a sense?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like to think that Fi keeps us not only accountable to ourselves, but also very bad at having any kind of hidden agenda. I think I'm best at coercion when I have something my heart's really behind and I'm trying my darndest to sell it.

Last edited:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like to think that Fi keeps us not only accountable to ourselves, but also very bad at having any kind of hidden agenda. I think I'm best at coercion when I have something my heart's really behind and I'm trying my dardest to sell it.

Yeah, same. I feel like it makes FPs horrible trolls unless they really have a reason to hate your guts haha.

I can be manipulative in different ways depending on the person. With my mom she says I "withhold affection" so I become really grouchy and apathetic until she caves haha but okay it's not like a whining child it's more subconscious. Like for example when she was thinking about not letting me go to California I became really spiteful and bitchy because going to California was something I felt like I really needed to do before the summer ended. So she was just like GOD FINE haha. :D

With friends it's more like wording things the right way so they get the right idea, possibly Ne related by thinking of reasons why whatever you're asking for is your only option, etc. But really I don't really manipulate at all, because I'd feel bad and also because I'm usually pretty direct about what I want from the get-go.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My people skills are quite related to the moment. So, I'm very good with people but it's not planned ahead. So I cannot manipulate anybody by planning it and then doing it but I can try to affact people in the situation in hand, like I can try to lift the spirit or the group athmosphere and so on. So, if it's manipulation, it's not planned ahead. That's the case with me at least.