• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP/ENFP Freedom?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeah so I got a text just after midnight saying that she's been working at her school all day and has to go back tomorrow and can we get a raincheck...

Now I am not usually one to call people out and I did in fact pussy out and not call her out but I know she didn't just get home from her school at midnight on a saturday.... so yeah... i'm crushed.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She may not be 100% bullshitting you. Teaching requires alot of work outside of the classroom, and she may prefer to prep her lectures at the school office where she can be around people. Add a trip to the bar with her new co-workers, and midnight is not an unreasonble time to get home. Trust me, my mom teaches at a local community college, and there were some weekends I would barely see her because of work and after work socializing.

I still think there is wisdom in moving on, though. To get into that would probably just pour salt in the wound, so I will simply say that I'm sorry did didn't work out for you. :(

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
...OR maybe she's playing the game! If she doesn't want to be more attached than you are or has been hurt in the past by jumping in too soon (and she is ENFP, so we can safely say that is possible), then she may be making you wait. It's probably not that she doesn't want to see you, but she also isn't going to mess up her own rhythm to see you... especially if she's done that in the past and become too attached too quicky. At least, to be honest, that's what I would do unless I was 100% sure of his interest. Even so, moving quickly never seems to fare well for me...

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Personally, having had a very very long-term relationship with another ENFP, i would have to say the chemistry is pretty intense. Everything just clicks. Fights easily resolve into laughter. It's like finding a long-lost best friend, a kindred spirit, a bosom buddy! The feeling of being with another ENF, in general, is WONDERFUL.

I dated both ENFPs/ENFJs. It's not to say that we would not be a good fit with other types, but the ENFX bond is at best the is most unconditional/uplifting for me, especially if their Holland codes are social, artistic, enterprising or investigative.. :heart:

Good Luck!!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Personally, having had a very very long-term relationship with another ENFP, i would have to say the chemistry is pretty intense. Everything just clicks. Fights easily resolve into laughter. It's like finding a long-lost best friend, a kindred spirit, a bosom buddy! The feeling of being with another ENF, in general, is WONDERFUL.

I dated both ENFPs/ENFJs. It's not to say that we would not be a good fit with other types, but the ENFX bond is at best the is most unconditional/uplifting for me, especially if their Holland codes are social, artistic, enterprising or investigative.. :heart:

Good Luck!!

What is 'very very long' and you said "had", therefore I'm assuming it was not permanent. If you don't mind discussing, I'm curious about the situation in a comparison to other ENFP's that have talked to who they end up marrying i.e. the true "long term" relationship.

On a side note, I think it would be like dating an INTJ, everything would click awesome but after awhile there would be no long term growth/excitement/difference/etc... necessary for a "mate" per say.

Ashkeangel

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP to ENFP

:wubbie:I am an ENFP in love with and ENFP. We have been dating for 8 months and have recently moved in together. Having read through this thread, I want to make a couple of observations. 1. Dating another ENFP is exciting and hanging out with someone who "gets" me is amazing! 2. No where near bored yet. If anything it has gotten even better as we get to know each other better, as we don't have to spend near as much time analyzing each other's motives as we did in the begining. 3. The sex is phenomenal as we are both sensual and playful. 4. I find it is the difference in our experiences that gives us the basis for some truly amazing conversations. I don't now if identical mates work for all of the mbti letter sets, but I can tell you for this ENFP is sure works!!:wubbie:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:wubbie:I am an ENFP in love with and ENFP. We have been dating for 8 months and have recently moved in together. Having read through this thread, I want to make a couple of observations. 1. Dating another ENFP is exciting and hanging out with someone who "gets" me is amazing! 2. No where near bored yet. If anything it has gotten even better as we get to know each other better, as we don't have to spend near as much time analyzing each other's motives as we did in the begining. 3. The sex is phenomenal as we are both sensual and playful. 4. I find it is the difference in our experiences that gives us the basis for some truly amazing conversations. I don't now if identical mates work for all of the mbti letter sets, but I can tell you for this ENFP is sure works!!:wubbie:

Haha thats nice for you! :D

This is going to sound really stupid but: Do you feel like you're dating yourself sometimes? o_O
Im asking this because I had a crush on a guy, but when I learned to know him more I found out he was most likely ENFP (i didnt know mbti at that time but whatever) and sometimes I felt like he was me in a better version xD
I know because you're the same type doesnt make you the same and blah blah blah but thats just a question (i wanna make sure you understood xD)

Echoes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
If you really like this person, then you'll most probably have to go for it if you don't want to wonder 'what if...' I went for it, and it's working out amazingly, others have and it didn't. I don't think type can predict relationship success, it just flags up possible strengths and weaknesses in 'textbook' MBTI relationships. I wish you the best of luck, whatever you decide.