• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of INTJs?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well you wouldn't understand, your not an ENFP lol. But seriously, I think this is more of a problem with ENFPs then INFPs (I could be wrong). My ultimate goal is for people to see me for who I am, for me as an individual, this is what I live for. If they reject what I say or don't see it the way I see it, then they aren't seeing me for who I am. Individualism tends to be very important for the XNFP, but in a very selfless way.

I almost think that our ideals are what ground us and if our ideals crumble then we have no grounding and this causes some serious insecurities.

At least this is true for me...

Very good question btw :)

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I suppose this is more an ENFP thing. I don't really care about what people think about me or my opinions and I don't need acceptance. I just want to be absolutely true to myself.

E vs I. :)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I suppose this is more an ENFP thing. I don't really care about what people think about me or my opinions and I don't need acceptance. I just want to be absolutely true to myself.

E vs I. :)

Would it be more true to say that you don't care about people's opinions of you in general, but when it comes to those close to you that you are almost hypersensitive to their thoughts and opinions of you?

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Would it be more true to say that you don't care about people's opinions of you in general, but when it comes to those close to you that you are almost hypersensitive to their thoughts and opinions of you?

To be honest, I have never had an interpersonal relationship that close. My family consists of strong SJs and thus, no matter what I have done, I have always been the dreamy, impractical, difficult black sheep.

I'm still young, and I wouldn't be surprised if that will someday be the case.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

One of the reasons why I keep as many people out as possible. That said, in regards to intimacy, I like to be sure someone shares my values that way when I am criticized its in an area I'd want to improve anyway. I guess when I find her I hope she doesn't bullshit around it as well.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4

That's me. I don't care for others opinion, but when it comes to my friends, its a diff case.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
My ultimate goal is for people to see me for who I am, for me as an individual, this is what I live for. If they reject what I say or don't see it the way I see it, then they aren't seeing me for who I am. Individualism tends to be very important for the XNFP, but in a very selfless way.

So you agree or you're out? That doesn't sound very selfless. ;)

Brutus01

MBTI Type
INFP
Originally Posted by toonia View Post
Why is that? Does it have to do with personalizing the criticism? Some criticism is a show of great respect and affection.

When i recieve criticism it usually turns out to be a confirmation of my deepest fears. Things that i criticize and critique myself about,always hoping that its just my imagination. when someone verbally acknowledges these fears i break down... i dont understand it... i see it as a attack on me as a person i guess and that i am in some way letting them down.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
So you agree or you're out? That doesn't sound very selfless. ;)

no no no, being that i see opinions as a reflection of myself, i will see that your just stating your opinion and thus yourself, but stating your opinions and criticizing are two different things, it's more if someone says my opinion is stupid and criticizes it with no reason but to criticize it. if they have an opinion that happens to be different but opposite of my opinion, i will gladly listen, in fact, i tend to like it if people hold different view points than i hold. it opens up conversation :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, as an ENFP, I think I can come close to answering. personally, I love INTJs. I think they are bad ass and some of the most intelligent and classy people I've ever met. few other types can keep up with me in intense conversation (you appear to feel the same way about NFPs) and many other types just don't understand either of us. INTJs can seem like cold bitches to us on occassion, but we can usually tell that you're just calm and collected and don't like being overly emotional (which NFPs find extremely draining).

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I guess if I could strive to gain the qualities of any other type it would be INTJ

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ I totally second that. :nice:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
My closest friend is an INTJ. We get along quite well.
I've known him for a long time, but the other night i had to ask him if something was bothering him. He said, no, he was just concentrating. Even now I find him at times completely opaque.

Serenes

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not exactly sure if I've had any INTJ friends.. but IxTJ people in general seem to project quiet self-confidence, and I admire that about them. Sometimes they can be very blunt and speak their minds without worrying what other people think.. and although that can sometimes cause hurt feelings (unintentionally).. I still admire that trait of theirs since they can be honest and get to the point! Whereas for me, sometimes that can be hard to do lol so at times I wish I could be more like them in being direct :p

so yeah if I could choose to become a certain type.. I would strive to become like the IxTJs because I admire the qualities they have, that I seem to lack.

buut in a way, because I know they can be very honest & blunt with their thoughts, it does intimidate me sometimes... because who knows what negative thoughts they may have on me and suddenly decide to throw one my way without warning (or unintentionally) lol.. But from the IxTJ friends I've had, they do seem to be aware of people's feelings and be nice enough to hold those thoughts to themselves unless they reallly had to say it I guess (or asked to).

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My closest friend is an INTJ. We get along quite well.
I've known him for a long time, but the other night i had to ask him if something was bothering him. He said, no, he was just concentrating. Even now I find him at times completely opaque.

This is the same for me. It took me a long time to understand his emotionless contemplation of things. We both love the same stuff though so our relationship is never really strained. We both like to withdraw and don't like invading others' time so we're usually pretty laid back about things. This is what he looks like when he's confused:

ILLOGICAL_by_TsukiNekoSama.jpg

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like them as long as they aren't too attached to the whole "I hate the foolishness that is humanity" thing.

silvermist

MBTI Type
INFP
My younger brother is an INTJ & we get along extremely well.

Our conversations are generally very future-oriented and/or theoretical--to the point of impracticality sometimes, but always very interesting.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I don't idealise them like a lot of nf's tend to do.

There's a problem that occurs regarding the filtering of information. Intjs' aren't intuitive feelers, their feeling is informed by Se. This encourages them sometimes to dismiss feeling fed by intuition (nf). Just like nf's thinking is fed by sensing and can come at a head with intj thinking fed by intuition.

There's great advantages to this if you can work together as a team. But if you aren't aware of the dynamic described above, you can come to a point of contention. I've seen intjs' describe feelings as black and white etc. You can see the fi+se, which leads to different information filtering from fi+ne for example. Nf scratches a whole other layer of reality, NT doesn't and NT scratches a whole layer of reality NF doesn't. As long as you can recognise the merit of both and among other things, I guess it can work. If you're not very well integrated and become aggravated, confused, bemused by the others' means of coming to conclusions, then it gets tricky.

I prefer entjs'. Simply because I seem to get on better with dominant judgers. I tend to prefer Te as someones dominant function rather than supporting one.

I also prefer intps' above entjs'.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
There's a problem that occurs regarding the filtering of information. Intjs' aren't intuitive feelers, their feeling is informed by Se. This encourages them sometimes to dismiss feeling fed by intuition (nf). Just like nf's thinking is fed by sensing and can come at a head with intj thinking fed by intuition.

There's great advantages to this if you can work together as a team. But if you aren't aware of the dynamic described above, you can come to a point of contention. I've seen intjs' describe feelings as black and white etc. You can see the fi+se, which leads to different information filtering from fi+ne for example. Nf scratches a whole other layer of reality, NT doesn't and NT scratches a whole layer of reality NF doesn't. As long as you can recognise the merit of both and among other things, I guess it can work. If you're not very well integrated and become aggravated, confused, bemused by the others' means of coming to conclusions, then it gets tricky.

No offense, but I think the above is crap.

I particularly disagree with the bolded, and I think it taints the rest of your analysis.