• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] please i need your help please read

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
I need help please read and if there is any thing that is not clear let me know thank you =)
i have a friend she is a very dear friend and She is an ENFP and very dear to me but some times she confuses me and I do not understand.
She gets a little bit jealous when I talk about other Friends a lot she told me once but when I talk with a group of people about my other friends and she with us I can see form her face expression that she is not comfortable .
am not a jealous person and she does things so that I would feel jealous .I mentioned in indirect ways that I am not that type of person who gets jealous and possessive in a way . my personality type is INFJ .
Ok what is really bothering me is that she shows me that other people mean more to her then I do and that is not true because she tells me that she loves me
( in a normal healthy way ) and care about me and she would not go to our group of friends unless if I was going and finally am the only person ( among out friends ) who she feels comfortable talking about her family events too.

So is it natural for an ENFP to be a little bit possessive if the like some one ?? and they do not express their feeling a lot ?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are you friends or are you more than friends, i.e. dating?

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
No we are Friends =) normal Friends she is married and she is like a sister to me but she acts in that way and i was wondering is it a part for an ENFP personality to be possessive a little bit and may be wants attention from a certain person ?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No we are Friends =) normal Friends she is married and she is like a sister to me but she acts in that way and i was wondering is it a part for an ENFP personality to be possessive a little bit and may be wants attention from a certain person ?
Hold up, she's married?!?!?

Do you have romantic feelings for her?

Um, when I have romantic feelings for someone, I tend to get a bit possessive and jealous if they don't pay me enough attention, granted, this rarely happens. ;)

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
nooo =S she feels that way about me

i want to know if what she doing is normal for an ENFP ??

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
nooo =S she feels that way about me

i want to know if what she doing is normal for an ENFP ??
Um, why do you care so much?

And I am not married, so I can not give you an entirely pertinent response, but I do not think she is acting in a normal ENFP fashion, why she is getting jealous about you mentioning other friends is beyond my understanding.

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
thank you =) for trying

she is my best friend that is why i care =)

but she acting in that way that what confused me and i do not know ENFP very well so i needed to double check is that normal or no i read soem wecistes but non helped so i asked =)

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
*sigh... i think people (majority) do that only when they have romantic feelings towards that "someone"
maybe you guys appear to be socially "best friends," but either one of you (your friend in this case) has some more "deeper" feelings. (her being married doesnt play a big role here)

anyway... that was just an opinion of my own.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i would say that i dont really believe in platonic "intimate" male-female friendships...
its 110% that if its a close friendship, at least ONE party 'likes' the other....

so ya she probably likes you in "that way" and thats why shes being jealous.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Friends are important to an ENFP though. More so than any other idealist type... or so they say! It's kind of like you two have an interrelationship (bestfriendship I guess) where she's attached to you and doesn't want you to find a new best friend. I could imagine Ne coming up with all sorts of possibilities of awesome people and their qualities to drive her nuts.

I'm not sure I could relate to her. I'm more overly protective of my female friends than anything, like a big brother. I can also be spiteful when my friends are flakes. I dunno.

P.S. Captain Chick: You're looking especially beautiful today! :D

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't mean to be an ass, but judging solely from your writing style I never would have guessed you're an INFJ.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Is it all that important for you to know whether she is being true to her type or not?

Endolori

MBTI Type
INFP
If she doesn't have romantic feelings for you (and she might be lying to you because of her circumstances, ie married) then it's probable that she might be depressed and in need of close friendship, and may feel like she's losing a source of support if you hang out with others, ie. become possessive and clinging.

That's just what I think anyway. I don't really know if it's an ENFP thing though.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't try to solve this using MBTI. Solve it by talking and seeing what's up.

She gets a little bit jealous when I talk about other Friends a lot she told me once but when I talk with a group of people about my other friends and she with us I can see form her face expression that she is not comfortable .

Okay, so she gets jealous. Maybe she has feelings for you and is worried you'll abandon her. Talk to her and ask her if she gets uncomfortable, and tell her that's it's okay.

am not a jealous person and she does things so that I would feel jealous .I mentioned in indirect ways that I am not that type of person who gets jealous and possessive in a way . my personality type is INFJ .
Ok what is really bothering me is that she shows me that other people mean more to her then I do and that is not true because she tells me that she loves me

I can see three possibilities here:
1) She wants to be less dependent on you, because she sees it linked to her jealousy and discomfort.
2) She wants you to know how SHE feels, so she's making you jealous.
3) She making you feel insecure so you'll cling to her, postponing or preventing you from abandoning her.

It sounds like there are feelings of affection that are running deeper than friendship.

Eng.daisy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thank you for your help =)

And the only reason I asked this question is that I wanted some help from real life ENFP `s I tried reading books and Different sits but they did not help much and I do apologize if some thought that my question is pointless but I really wanted to know the answer to it .
Again thank you and I appreciate you guys answering my question =)

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
Thank you for your help =)

And the only reason I asked this question is that I wanted some help from real life ENFP `s I tried reading books and Different sits but they did not help much and I do apologize if some thought that my question is pointless but I really wanted to know the answer to it .
Again thank you and I appreciate you guys answering my question =)

So have you found the answer you need yet? Do you think the same with us?