• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do you feel it?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am very curious about the world. I often feel a sense of childlike wonder at things most people take for granted. I stare at the night sky with deep awe in all of its beauty and mystery, knowing that someday we may be citizens of the stars and be witness to extraordinary sights, and possibilities beyond our wildest dreams. Even seeing the changing of the leaves every fall and the new blooms in the spring or a magnificent sunset has inspired many of my poems. The progress mankind has made takes me aback many times a day. To see an airplane soar overhead or learn of a new discovery rises my spirits greatly, as does seeing just how greatly medicine has improved our lives over the last 200 years. Someday, science will save us all from every woe that has ever plagued mankind.

I asked my ESTJ 1w2 mother about this and she has no concept of these feelings, and says these feelings are things I should get rid of. My question is, have any of you felt this, or am I just weird? Why can my mother not relate? Could this be more to do with Ne or Fi?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I feel it. I feel it hard.

á´…eparted

passages
can-you-feel-it-mr-krabs-o.gif

á´…eparted

passages
In all seriousness, I do feel it. I felt it a lot as a child partly because of how my mother (INFJ 9w8) raised me. I still do somewhat as an adult, but I remain very realistic/pragmatic about it.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Someday, science will save us all from every woe that has ever plagued mankind."

besides that

i totally know how you feel.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't, but I feel something similar about the things that are hidden. Old things, timeless things, the shapes behind presence. About inner worlds, the cycle of transformation. I'm guessing your mom wouldn't approve of that either.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with you though, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] :D as I mentioned to you before, I still feel the same way now.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel my own version of "it", which would make a list that is different all around. But the essential feeling is the same. Yes, I do feel it, even when it would be wiser not to.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As of late, I don't feel it much. Hopefully my sensitivity to those feelings of wonder will come back soon.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Science has done a hell of a lot of damage to all the things you feel so deeply as well don't you think?

Well, perhaps indirectly through technology, but science will fix itself. It is a very adaptable method. What people do with science is people, not science. Many problems we have today are from people ignoring the warnings of environmentalist, but now the effects are visible. The puzzle of the millennium is to continue to progress and gain knowledge while protecting the nature and environment that has been our home these millions of years. I'm working on achieving a golden balance of logos (logic) and pathos (emotion) to create an ideal ethos (ethics system). It will not be easy.

I have deep feelings that tug on my ability to be objective, but focusing on objectivity has been a point of growth, though sometimes painful growth.

I only wished to share with you the things that take my breath away and that fill me with wonder. It is the other side of the coin from the deep despair I feel when there is an ethical contradiction.

Starry

Well, perhaps indirectly through technology, but science will fix itself. It is a very adaptable method. What people do with science is people, not science. Many problems we have today are from people ignoring the warnings of environmentalist, but now the effects are visible. The puzzle of the millennium is to continue to progress and gain knowledge while protecting the nature and environment that has been our home these millions of years. I'm working on achieving a golden balance of logos (logic) and pathos (emotion) to create an ideal ethos (ethics system). It will not be easy.

I have deep feelings that tug on my ability to be objective, but focusing on objectivity has been a point of growth, though sometimes painful growth.

I only wished to share with you the things that take my breath away and that fill me with wonder. It is the other side of the coin from the deep despair I feel when there is an ethical contradiction.

What you don't want to do is merely go pathos for logos because that would just be so loco.

WHEN I heard the learn’d astronomer;
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

-Walt Whitman

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
"Someday, science will save us all from every woe that has ever plagued mankind."

besides that

i totally know how you feel.

Yeah that's where he lost me too.

"Where man cannot find anything to see or grasp, he has no further business - that is certainly an imperative separate from the Platonic one, but it may be the right imperative for a tough, industrious race of machinists and bridge builders of the future, who have nothing but rough work to do."

@OP - not enfp, easily mystified. i've only recently realized my drive is to snap the spell of reality.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What you don't want to do is merely go pathos for logos because that would just be so loco.

WHEN I heard the learn’d astronomer;
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

-Walt Whitman

What a beautiful poem, Starry! Thank you for sharing.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think every NF feels it in one way or another.

As far as science is concerned, I think it has great potential as well (although it's not the solution to every single thing and needs to be balanced with other approaches). Now, maybe some NFs will judge me for this, but I believe it will be possible for us to extend our lifespans indefinitely with the help of science, and that we're only decades away from this. I support transhumanist ideas for this reason.