• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Feelers that also have Se

Feline

Hello!
Would any feelers with Se care to share if and how much they enjoy power games? Or if they feel themselves playing power games intentionally or unintentionally? What does it feel like? In what ways is it enjoyable or not enjoyable? Does it help you accomplish what you want/overcome obstacles?
Curious!

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have a love/hate relationship with everything that has to do with Se, mostly I'll view power games as a stupid waste of time. Not because I feel threatened, I am more physically brave than most people think I am. Which is understandable, I tend to project myself as a sensitive person. I just think that in civilized society, there is no need for such nonsense. In a relationship, I think that both should be able to decide as much. I am neither submissive or dominant, but people tend to think that I'm scary. My normal expression and walking style gives the impression that I'm pissed and confident, which I think is the reason I've been able to avoid bullying so much. Even though I am a scrawny loner. Sometimes, this makes me wonder if I'm ISFP.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello!
Would any feelers with Se care to share if and how much they enjoy power games? Or if they feel themselves playing power games intentionally or unintentionally? What does it feel like? In what ways is it enjoyable or not enjoyable? Does it help you accomplish what you want/overcome obstacles?
Curious!

I like power and I like using it. I also like looking for opportunities to gain more power, because I can simply get more things done with than without power. It's not so much a game to me, it's more of a survival strategy, a way to get what I want and to stop other from hurting me.

Feline

My normal expression and walking style gives the impression that I'm pissed and confident, which I think is the reason I've been able to avoid bullying so much.

How interesting. My in-law bro and sis both have Se, and it is true that they are ever so slightly imposing in the "don't mess with me, because I could could punch you if had to be" vibe.

Not sure what gives off the vibe. Because I am also an emotionally sensitive type that is physically strong. When I went with a group of friends on a hiking/kayaking trip, I was just about the toughest one there in terms of endurance/ability to get that kayak above my head (portage). But I've been told I wield little power. I'm not intimidating. For my in-laws they must be leaking Se-clues I pick up on.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have Se, but in the inferior position. As such, it is...well, inferior. I'm better with the idea of power than the practice of projecting or wielding it. One of my top goals right now is to integrate Se in a way that is more functional and alive. I'm listening closely to discussions like this one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did you mean NFs with Se because all SFPs are feelers with Se, and yes generally SFPs may enjoy competition athletically, artistically, or socially in conversation (im a real bitch when it comes to winning an argument online)....Se tends to also be part of the Aggressive sexual style in socionics.

á´…eparted

passages
Tert Se here. I am not directly competitive. Meaning, I don't display it or try to "beat" others. I strive for the top because I want to go as far as I can. I hate competition most of the time, much more so when that is the point of it. When others try and beat me for the sake of it, my response is uaually to disallow them from competing with me all together. If they are going to suck the fun out of it for me, I will do it to them.

Regardless, Se is more about present moment information intake from the external world. I have to tell myself usually to do it when it is strongly needed. It is not automatic like my Fe is. I like Se, it is fun and quite useful.

Feline

Did you mean NFs with Se because all SFPs are feelers with Se, and yes generally SFPs may enjoy competition athletically, artistically, or socially in conversation (im a real bitch when it comes to winning an argument online)....Se tends to also be part of the Aggressive sexual style in socionics.

Any feeling type with Se. The responses have been really interesting. I think Si users could look kinda boring or pushovers from the Se-point of view. Well here is an aspect of personality that I didn't even NOTICE till my 3rd decade of life... that some people actually have Se and have an Se vibe. Seriously tertiary Si is like living head under the ground (picture an ostrich).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Any feeling type with Se. The responses have been really interesting. I think Si users could look kinda boring or pushovers from the Se-point of view. Well here is an aspect of personality that I didn't even NOTICE till my 3rd decade of life... that some people actually have Se and have an Se vibe. Seriously tertiary Si is like living head under the ground (picture an ostrich).

It's true. Introverts with Si are more likely to "look" like push overs bc they don't give off the Se room vibe. And yes Si doms are the most likely to fit your ostrich description, though I would see it more like goggles full of water with a goldfish swimming in front of their face...one of the most intelligent Si doms I have ever known was my grandfather and still he was so closed minded about xyz it was about as productive to try to get him to see it as screaming at a wall. Another very intelligent Si dom I was close to who also had a lot of Fi was deeply aware of the goggles, he showed me pictures one time that were Si to him...one was of a model that looked vaguely 80s in style and was probably his type (slim, brunette) ...then a panel again beside it of the same exact photo, looking wavy and distorted. Yeah...that's Si.

I've noticed most in my late twenties and thirties that some people I went to high school with kind of listen to the same music they did when Kurt Cobain died (just an example) and are completely unaware of what goes on culturally though they have spouses, children, full normal lives, it's something that actually creeped me out at first, like omg they seem old and stuck in the past and we are around the same age (some are a few years older, etc)- and they are not literally stuck in the past, they have lives, it just seemed odd to me that they built a solid life on the same construct. There's nothing wrong with them, they achieve this or that which I haven't, but what ...frightened me I guess was that aesthetically they were grounded in a fifteen to twenty year old meme, and maybe that's Se looking at Si, because it's really "insignificant" I guess but a marked difference in our structures of our lives...and my friends with Se who are still there or even have families still kind of experiment with things like.my ISTP guy bff from hs and his ENFJ wife...they still seem with it. I sound like an asshole but I have a point about perception.

Also note though that ESxJ types can use Ne to balance the Si and the Je makes them seem lot less push over. My ESFJ ex used to call himself a throw back, but his Ne I guess kept him expanding on his Si meme aesthetically. I also think of course the actual new information accessible to an Si type keeps them fresher and makes them different, when they travel or live in major cities.

Feline

I like Se, it is fun and quite useful.

You know what? It looks fun to this Si user. I can't even believe that some people prefer Si and some people prefer Se. Mbti is the weirdest thing.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My Se is in an inferior position, but it is a true blessing to me. It somehow allows me to kick into action mode in a crisis without ever losing my cool. I don't really think it's about power. I think it's about being in the moment and thinking on my feet. I think that when it works in conjunction with Ni, it allows me to intuitively analyze a situation and act decisively and efficiently. During these moments, I subconsciously disengage Fe altogether, then later when I've had time to think about what I've done and the effects it may or may not have had on myself and others, I may get a little shaky.