• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] I doubt ENFP...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am not bubbly, and I tend towards being quiet.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION] is a good example of that i think. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] is another one that comes to mind.

not saying i know your type, but that came to mind when i read the OP.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe some ENFPs are quieter and less bubbly than others.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION] is a good example of that i think. [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] is another one that comes to mind.

not saying i know your type, but that came to mind when i read the OP.

I CAN BE bubbly, but my natural self is much more subdued and laid back and quiet. I am sometimes called goofy, but most people say I come off as cool but kind, logical yet humane, smart but silly.

I doubt Ne-dom because I'm not over-the-top creative all the time. I do have the occasional burst of insight, though, usually by connecting new information to concepts I've learned before.

Simply going with the flow and helping people along the way fits me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I doubt Ne-dom because I'm not over-the-top creative all the time. I do have the occasional burst of insight, though, usually by connecting new information to concepts I've learned before.

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] is right...I'm not one of the bubbly ENFPs...darker and much less optimistic. It's okay, it's a not pre-req to be one despite the type descriptions. I really hate the descriptions of ENFPs and empathize now with INFPs on how crappy descriptions of their type can be. You seem very much like a young ENFP to me. Asking questions, "What do you think?" Feeling your way through things...bouncing thought and feelings balls off of many peoples and surfaces you come into contact with...check! Being sure and then unsure, then sure again... I think it's all there! :hug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] is right...I'm not one of the bubbly ENFPs...darker and much less optimistic. It's okay, it's a not pre-req to be one despite the type descriptions. I really hate the descriptions of ENFPs and empathize now with INFPs on how crappy descriptions of their type can be. You seem very much like a young ENFP to me. Asking questions, "What do you think?" Feeling your way through things...bouncing thought and feelings balls off of many peoples and surfaces you come into contact with...check! Being sure and then unsure, then sure again... I think it's all there! :hug:

If those alone make ENFP, then yes, I am one. I was thinking that if not ENFP, INFP, as Fi would easily explain my socially clumsy, but very kind, disposition. INFJ came to mind, but they are too graceful.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You definitely got that Ne/Fi quest thing going on. Social graces don't always come easy to Fi users. I fall back on my Southern upbringing when in doubt and can seem overly formal at times and then quite tactless at others. Even at my age, I'm really bad at blurting out stuff that makes everybody just stop and go :shock: (I'm good at playing off like I said nothing amiss haha! while deep inside "brilliantly beautiful fuck up there chica!" ). Some people are going to be upset and others will know that whatever you say, your heart is in the right place, so it's okay not to be able to please everybody with what you say and do.

ENFP can be strange extroverts and some don't appear to be extroverted at all. I definitely don't...mine doesn't get satisfied as much through contact with others as it does with contact with ideas through books, art, music, etc. I think of it as having my finger on the pulse of the world and I get a dried out kind feeling if I'm away from that too long. It can be hard to find people that satisfy that hunger as much as those things do. If I find the right people though....:D this is the bestest of the best thing in the whole universe! I just treasure contact with others like this...I really do. I think the biggest thing that let me know I was extroverted was that I take the outer world for granted and try to fit in with it. I forgot where I saw that description but I knew that fit me better than the 'gain energy from being with people' bit.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*raises hand*

I was a social outcast as a kid - and my social 'graces' very much were non-existent for a long time. I became withdrawn and introverted because it hurt to try and connect with others, as much as I was driven to do so. People were intimidated and judgemental when I let Ne off its leash (as I was not aware/not capable of adjusting its intensity) so I hid it from them and retreated within.

Trust me, others may see us as bubbly and optimistic but then others often are wrong in their conclusions wrt to people they don't bother getting to know and jump to conclusions about :coffee:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*raises hand*

I was a social outcast as a kid - and my social 'graces' very much were non-existent for a long time. I became withdrawn and introverted because it hurt to try and connect with others, as much as I was driven to do so. People were intimidated and judgemental when I let Ne off its leash (as I was not aware/not capable of adjusting its intensity) so I hid it from them and retreated within.

Trust me, others may see us as bubbly and optimistic but then others often are wrong in their conclusions wrt to people they don't bother getting to know and jump to conclusions about :coffee:

I am so glad you wrote this.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ yes. it took me into adulthood to let it loose again.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Dude, no offence, but an INFP would be much less likely to post these kinds of threads, you NEED feedback and you aren't afraid to ask (no judgement, I totally relate. I am still trying to rein this tendency in). I also think you're kind of in an awkward depressing stage of your life, which makes it hard to relate to the ENFP caricature you see everywhere. From what I can tell, you've been going through a lot.

Socially, it took me a long time to figure out how to be likeable, because I had no control of my Ne, and not a lot of experience to guide me either. I basically had no friends until late high school, and even still, I've only really come into my own socially over the last few years (I'm 23). When I was 10, I was too afraid to interact with others (they thought I was a freak), so I used to just sit hide up a tree during recess and read. Some people still find me "weird", or "too much" sometimes, but most people really like me. Even though I don't always feel like a little ball of sunshine, a lot of people I encounter tell me I brighten their day. I think it takes a while for us to figure out how to use our Ne properly.

Oh and for the record, I consider myself to be socially introverted (with occasional outbursts), and I tend to only get very loud and excited when I'm in Ne-Fi hyperdrive, so to speak.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you everybody! :heart:

I am now pretty sure I am just an ENFP guy with a lot on his plate. I hope things improve.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As an INFP I want to add that ENFPs are definitely not the only ones who can go into overdrive with Ne or makes others uncomfortable due to excessive or excessively exuberant Ne. IME INFP's do generally tend to be calmer overall as well as less ?bouncy? from one topic to another very quickly.

Tiny Dancer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am introverted with waves of enthusiasm, but that doesnt make me too extroverted. When in doubt, I just have to remember: I go to others to express ideas, thoughts, and emotions. In the end, I feel content, because I was able to 'extrovert' my mind.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am introverted with waves of enthusiasm, but that doesnt make me too extroverted. When in doubt, I just have to remember: I go to others to express ideas, thoughts, and emotions. In the end, I feel content, because I was able to 'extrovert' my mind.

I understand now.

Ksilva

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Thank you for posting this. I'm an ENFP but I don't match the description at all. I've never been able to completely let my personality loose though.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for posting this. I'm an ENFP but I don't match the description at all. I've never been able to completely let my personality loose though.

You are welcome.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, no offence, but an INFP would be much less likely to post these kinds of threads, you NEED feedback and you aren't afraid to ask.

:yesss:

Yup. That's one big difference between ENFP and INFP or between INFP and xSxJ.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Need of feedback?

INFPs do of course. Just not in the same fashion.
We just don't actively "welcome" other people's opinions on us, analysis and definition of us, simply because we're just not open to discussion on ourselves as most of the time, we already firmly believe "nobody will get me and that's fine". Being unidentifiable is a part of our identity. Not always a good thing though.