• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Post songs that best describe "INFP"

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes when I'm listening to a tune, I frequently get images of people, things, and experiences that are associated with the song I'm listening to.

Post songs that sums up your image of the INFP archetype, or if you're an INFP, post songs that are of relation to yourself and how you view other INFP's. Use spoiler tags, as this thread will get very messy. And please, if willingly, explain the reason you posted the song.

Shwa Losben - So Cry
Video:
Lyrics:

Every now and then when people don't meet expectations, feelings get bottled up, and sometimes it takes more strength to settle emotions alone, rather than being vulnerable in front of the person who made the offense.

The National - Slow Show
Video:
Lyrics:

On the account of low self-esteem and idealistic notions of longing for the perfect partner as the narrator in the song is in a party next to a girl he likes and envisioning an entire story in his head, this sums up my entire feelings as an INFP in any similar situation. The lyrics, "You know I dreamed about you, for 29 years, before I saw you", is probably the most romantic (and illusory) lyrics I've had the pleasure of listening to.

Geonat

[...]The lyrics, "You know I dreamed about you, for 29 years, before I saw you", is probably the most romantic (and illusory) lyrics I've had the pleasure of listening to.

Is this "typical" INFP? I love her:

Last edited:

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this "typical" INFP? I love her:

I'm afraid to watch this video again, as this song is really catchy and might play on repeat in my head for the remainder of today or even longer. In my opinion, the message she's conveying, she's emphasizing on the irony of missing something that isn't currently there or projected to be there.

This song could fit as an aftermath of an INFx yearning, after one comes to realization that these familiar feelings we get of a familiar someone or something. We then come to terms with ourselves on how both spiritual and silly these things lead to. Or it's just simply how Bjork chooses to process these types of feelings.

Thanks for the song, I've never had the pleasure of analyzing Bjork before.

Geonat

I'm afraid to watch this video again, as this song is really catchy and might play on repeat in my head for the remainder of today or even longer. In my opinion, the message she's conveying, she's emphasizing on the irony of missing something that isn't currently there or projected to be there.

This song could fit as an aftermath of an INFx yearning, after one comes to realization that these familiar feelings we get of a familiar someone or something. We then come to terms with ourselves on how both spiritual and silly these things lead to. Or it's just simply how Bjork chooses to process these types of feelings.

Thanks for the song, I've never had the pleasure of analyzing Bjork before.

Thank you too for the association that rediscovered it, you're a true catalyst :) (probably more than 10 years since listening to it, and didn't remember the video at all except for those strolling animals :))! Agreed, it IS really catchy! I wonder if Bjork came up with the idea of the video too, or if it was someone else - there was a name of the director in the beginning of it, don't know how involved they are in the creative part?

Saw that #stansmith has typed her as SEI (=ISFp=ISFP/ISFJ?) - that may very well be the case, I don't know.
Bjork - SEI

Free association from your signature (there are english subtitles available - INFP or ISFP?)

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw that #stansmith has typed her as SEI (=ISFp=ISFP/ISFJ?) - that may very well be the case, I don't know.

Before I begin, let me be honest with you, I never really got into Bjork, and my view of her may be slanted from my outside perspective. Most of the time, I'm uncertain on how I should feel when I'm listening to her songs. I wouldn't even recognize it as apathy, because, some of her work just really annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against her at all. Perhaps there's no middle ground with Bjork, you either love it or hate it. The video that you mentioned is the only one I liked from her so far!

She's a really tough one to type. She's uncompromising on her approach to musical creativity, which has more to do with drive and being stubborn than cognitive function.

Free association from your signature (there are english subtitles available - INFP or ISFP?)

The song is about coming out to your partner about something regrettably that will indefinitely disrupt the flow of their union. The lines, "I see it in your eyes that you're listening, but do you even understand", could come off as INFP. As I've heard way too many INFP's (and myself) complain about being misunderstood.

As for my sig, this song is very personal to me. If you lost someone very dear to you, you might find comfort in this piece. This song was written for their mother after she died. I don't think I'll ever run out of tears for this song.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The National is very INFP.

I keep wanting to post here, but nothing is quite perfect enough. There are so many INFPish songs in my taste catalog, but finding a few to call definitive is....no, no, impossible!

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The National is very INFP.

I keep wanting to post here, but nothing is quite perfect enough. There are so many INFPish songs in my taste catalog, but finding a few to call definitive is....no, no, impossible!
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] -- so post a sampler of artists/titles; refrain from links for brevity's sake.
*SOME* lurkers, or even posters, might be interested.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, since my boyfriend is Irish, I thought it'd be fun to look at Ireland's Eurovision song (since after the the bearded man-woman made it to the front page of the news, I knew it was obviously that time of year).

It's actually pretty good. Their performance of it wasn't great... okay, well, it sucked. But the song itself was still good, and they definitely can sing it.

White lightening upon us again
The wall is now paper thin
And soon the sun’s breaking in
Don’t you know, know…

How the world is not always true
Still my truth will remain in you
We’ll be braver and start anew
I know, know…

Oooh…
When the ocean’s way too deep

Keep your head high above the water
We can make it and break the border
Hold on to my heartbeat
My heartbeat, my heartbeat
Face the danger and face tomorrow
You’re a dreamer and you don’t know
That no story is carved in stone
Just hold on to my heartbeat
My heartbeat

The ground may be caving in
And some wounds they may never mend
But we’ll rise up and try again
I know, know…

Oooh…
When the shore gets hard to see

Hold on to my heartbeat
My heartbeat

Hold on to my heartbeat
My heartbeat

I have no clue how to do those spoiler things...

buddy2eyes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
To tkae., there's the spoiler tool in the 3rd additional line on the advance mode. Try it :)

The reason why many songs related to INFPs because most of song writer have Fi function I guess. With fanciful lyrics and dreamy music and such honest lyrics like it was from the writer's heart.
Most I'll think of will have lyrics tell about to be true to yourself, feeling, search for peace or unity. Like 'We Are The World' and other song kind like that.

I like Can-Linn song (And yes, I like its lyrics.) Unfortunately, her performance was so disappointed, feel sorry for her chance to go to the grand final though.

There's english translation in the video. I like it.

This is a music in Child of Light game. I think this one suits for describing INFPs, the calm side of us.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like Can-Linn song (And yes, I like its lyrics.) Unfortunately, her performance was so disappointed, feel sorry for her chance to go to the grand final though.

Yeah. I'm not saying that performance deserved to go on, but I think Ireland in general gets overlooked every year.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a music in Child of Light game. I think this one suits for describing INFPs, the calm side of us.

I installed this game a little while ago. Let me tell ya, the soundtrack for this game is AMAZING! I'm very picky about video game music; even more so with RPG's. My favorite track I've heard so far is the combat sequence.

Fast forward to 0:23

Think I'm gonna resume the game right now just to listen to the music.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Anything by Lady Gaga. My fave INFP :wubbie:

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
B.J. Thomas - As long as we got each other

Lyrics

This one might be too sappy for some folks out there. You probably know this one if you grew up in the 80's.

Personally, this song epitomizes the internal consummate of an INFP: "We gotta be the luckiest dreamers who never quit dreamin'". We're corny like that.