• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Post songs that best describe "INFP"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably every Yo La Tengo song ever written.

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sure this is breaking the rules a bit, but this song is not INFP for it's lyrics. It, in fact, has no lyrics, but the flow between the notes is so accurate to the way I think that the world seems clearer when I listen to it.

Anyways, It's the best song ever, so whether it works or not, you can't be too angry at me for breaking the rules.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if really anyone would agree with me on this, but this song pretty much sums up my entire life's philosophy; I don't even consider it depressing, mostly fun. Was jamming out to it right now for the first time in forever and desperately needed to share.

Edit: I found a piece of music (I could have gone with Concerning Hobbits or For Frodo but I like the piece I chose). It took my meandering thought process to find it. Also, I’m a super nerd.

I could post songs representing the stereotypical INFP. The textbook version if you will. The delicate flower that loses it’s petals in a strong wind or is battered to a soggy pulp under a hard rain. INFPs are more than that. They’re more than sensitive and eccentric daydreamers. There’s an incredible amount of resilience within them. It’s needed to deal with the mountain of troubles this world will no doubt heap upon them. Coming to terms with how the world truly is compared to how they would like it to be and feel it should be is quite a trial. It’s not one that all of them will cope well with. That kind of thing can be soul crushing.

There’s a resolve as strong as steel in them and it’s exposed when they feel someone or something has gone too far. When their beliefs have been challenged and their sense of right and wrong has been assaulted. It is in those moments that they prove they are a force that demands respect.

This brings me to Frodo, an unassuming Hobbit that went through hell journeying to Mordor to destroy The One Ring. It broke him in that crucial moment, but most would have crumbled well before reaching the fires of Mount Doom. (A shoutout to Samwise is warranted here as his dedication to Frodo is integral to their journey succeeding. Ultimately at least imo The Lord of the Rings is a story about friendship.)

I went on a bit of a tangent there but I believe INFPs (and all the types really) are displayed in such a 1 dimensional fashion in a lot of examples. It can cause people to unfairly box a type into a very narrow definition.