• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Demystified : Common INFJ traits

yeghor

As the third part in trying to ascertain what INFJ is and is not, I ask your feedback as to 3 to 5 traits from the list as to INFJs' strongest and 3 to 5 traits as to the weakest traits... All members are welcome to contribute...

The important point is to use the type description provided herein rather than your understanding of what INFJ type is, so as to minimize personal bias...

Can't do a poll cause it is limited to 32 items at most... I'll compile the data so as to try to find an outstanding pattern...

Thank you in advance...

TRAITS LIST

Reference description to be used to find traits:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one does not simply demystify the INFJ.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
This reminds me of the job interview answer to the question: "What is your weakest or most negative trait?"

Answer: "I'm a perfectionist. I want to do my best and focus on my job sometimes to a personal weakness."

yeghor, what is this going to prove? It's a simple matter to pick the traits that best confirm that description, and there are few traits here I would describe as "weaknesses" if meant in that sense rather than "distant" from your description ... :thinking:

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, we INFJs, we're not powerless, @yeghor. We don't need to prop our egos up, or protect ourselves, either by lashing out or by desperately trying to make ourselves and others believe whatever story makes us feel better.

We can be like an abused puppy backed into a corner--difficult to tell if the person who's reaching out to us is going to beat us some more or is going to try to help heal us. And sometimes the one who is helping to heal us has to hurt us in the process, too, by cleaning and dressing our wounds. It can be difficult to keep trusting and to believe that we have the power within us to make our way in the world without being afraid of every hand that reaches towards us. But we do have that power. It's just a matter of learning how to recognize it and use it.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
EDIT:

1. Intelligent
2. Creative
3. Persistent
4. Altruistic
5. Organized

The things I suck at aren't on the list.

I'm done. Hope it helps.

yeghor

Thanks for contributions but please focus on the reference description rather than your own understanding about INFJ so that we can have a pattern based on 3rd party material...

And stick to the list given if possible... thanks...

yeghor

This reminds me of the job interview answer to the question: "What is your weakest or most negative trait?"

Answer: "I'm a perfectionist. I want to do my best and focus on my job sometimes to a personal weakness."

yeghor, what is this going to prove? It's a simple matter to pick the traits that best confirm that description, and there are few traits here I would describe as "weaknesses" if meant in that sense rather than "distant" from your description ... :thinking:

I didn't say weakness but weakest, in the sense that things that INFJs suck at...

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Arghh every INFJ is super different, but they're all complex, feeling deeply and are different from the crowd. Might be invisible to some.
Two of my best friends are INFJs, so I should know!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This depends so heavily on the "health" of the INFJ...

Also I'm not totally sure what the goal here is, either.

yeghor

CLARIFICATION:

THERE'S A INFJ DESCRIPTION IN THE ORIGINAL POST... PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THAT DESCRIPTION BY USING THE TRAIT LIST IF POSSIBLE...

DETAILS ARE ALREADY GIVEN IN MY ORIGINAL POST....

THANK YOU...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Strongest: patient, leader, helpful
Weakest: adventurous, joyful, enthusiastic

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm...
Humble, self critical, enthusiastic, observant, sensitive.

And worst will be self-discpilned, honest, sociable and I don't know.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Not going by the description you posted, also It was hard to choose any weaknesses from the list.

Strongest: Imaginative, Independent, Intelligent, Loyal
Weakest: Trusting, Sociable

yeghor

CLARIFICATION 2:

I AM NOT ASKING FOR INFJ WEAKNESSES...

BUT FOR TRAITS THAT INFJS ARE WEAKEST AND SUCK AT...

THANKS...

Starry

INFJ sister:

Strengths

Fearless
Resilient
Resourceful
Loyal
Optimistic

Weaknesses

Obedient
Meticulous
Organized

INFJ ex:

Strengths

Sensitive
Dutiful
Obedient
Intelligent (<-Although, in reality, I would bet large sums of money on my sister's IQ being a good deal higher. It's just that e5 causes him to constantly/compulsively seek out more information. A better word here would be 'Well read' while my sister could be seen as 'Genius bordering on insanity so no one knows how intelligent she is.')

Weaknesses

Sociable
Trusting
Impartial

*It must be noted as well that with regards to my sister...that is accurate...but for my ex...
In an effort to be thorough/accurate...I would need to create two lists. One list (like the above) that reflects his fear-based characteristics. And a second list of 'who he truly is deep down.' The lists would look nothing like each other.

skippythecat

Enneagram
9w1
Ok I feel like answering the question:

strength:
Conscientious, Responsible, & Cultured

Weakness:
Optimistic, Perfectionist
Patient

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
CLARIFICATION:

THERE'S A INFJ DESCRIPTION IN THE ORIGINAL POST... PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THAT DESCRIPTION BY USING THE TRAIT LIST IF POSSIBLE...

DETAILS ARE ALREADY GIVEN IN MY ORIGINAL POST....

THANK YOU...

Strongest trait: shouting in red bold caps.

Weakest trait: the belief that a list of traits will aid understanding.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Obedient is listed twice in the third column.

Strongest traits: Enthusiastic, Independent, Imaginative, Sensitive, Observant
Weakest traits: Trusting, Joyful, Fearless, Sociable, Confident