• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Call to Action for all INFJs

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
Inferiority complex surrounding asserting oneself or asserting ones' dominance over others. The individual extremely dislikes overly aggressive people but cannot voice any opinion concerning aggressive people due to fear of being a new target for others' assertive nature. Fears being criticized for lack of self-assertion, as this is perceived as one's main flaw as an individual, aggressive, domineering nature seen as somewhat evil and patronizing (yet also somewhat perceived as admirable with a twinge of envy). Intolerant of conflict, disliking to take place in any conflict due not because it disturbs the peace but because one cannot take a strong stance against another without ultimately losing somehow. Wants badly to self-assert themselves, but any attempts at doing so ultimately fail, always.

This one is difficult too. Sorry...nothing is easy with me.

I don't dislike aggressive people unless they're trying to sell me something. They are sort of amusing really...I like to sit back and watch (when possible) because they are so different from me...and I try to figure them out.
BUT, maybe when it's more personal and I'm directly involved, I dislike them. When they're trying to force me to do something I don't want to do.
I don't like conflict (but hate to admit that it's sometimes interesting to watch from afar particularly between two aggressive people), but I will speak up if need be.

I like peace. I normally dislike conflict. Part of the problem is I can often see all sides POVs...and try to find ways to compromise. If an aggressive person is pressuring me, I've been known to "agree" to what they want (to get them off my back) and then do what I want once they go away from me.

Wait you needed a number...maybe 3? I just don't know. I hate numbers...they're so solid.

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
If an aggressive person is pressuring me, I've been known to "agree" to what they want (to get them off my back) and then do what I want once they go away from me.

I've been thinking about this and it's not really true except in the very small and unimportant "conflicts" when I don't want to waste my energy (and energy conservation is BIG to me). I remembered some things about myself. I've been held down by two people and beaten up by another because I refused to apologize for something I didn't do. It would have been easier to just say "sorry" to end it...but an overwhelming angry, outraged, and numb feeling comes over me in situations like this. And things like this have happened more than once to me (and to others who were with me), although that was the most extreme.
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]. maybe this has nothing to do with what you're asking and may just be my stubbornness.

Sorry...I'm really not much help, and honestly I still don't exactly understand what you're doing/working on. I saw your new thread and I'll try to help there later, but I'm afraid I won't be much help at all after glancing at the topic and a few of the posts.

libby

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 20 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
4 16 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 14 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 13 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 11 I must be perfect and good to survive.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 10 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
3 8 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
2 6 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

Your Sociotype: ILI-2Ni (INTp)

LII (INTj): 87% as likely as ILI.
LIE (ENTj): 83% as likely as ILI.
IEI (INFp): 78% as likely as ILI.

yeghor

Some highlights:

• EIIs who relate strongly to Se PoLR description (i.e. PoLR Se > 2/5) seem to score relatively (about 25%) lower in enneagram 8 than other EIIs...which may point to Se-inferior and that enneagram 8 correlates with Se...
  • EIIs who relate strongly to Se PoLR description (i.e. PoLR Se > 2/5) seem to score relatively (about 15%) higher in enneagram 2 than other EIIs...which may point to having to give preference to Fe (i.e. cooperation and negotiation) due to lack of confidence in confrontational skills (i.e. enneagram 8 and Se), and that enneagram 2 correlates with Fe...
  • EIIs who relate strongly to Se PoLR description (i.e. PoLR Se > 2/5) unexpectedly seem to score relatively (about 20%) lower in enneagram 9 and 1 than other EIIs as well as IEIs...?
  • IEIs seem to have a relatively (about 20%) higher preference for enneagram 4, 5 and 6 than EIIs...?

iloveyou

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry. I know this is super super late lol. :shrug:

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 38%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 26%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||| 38%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||| 18%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 14%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 82%

type score type behavior motivation
9 20 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
1 13 I must be perfect and good to survive.
6 11 I must be secure and safe to survive.
2 9 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
5 9 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
3 6 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
7 4 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 3 I must be strong and in control to survive.

Your main type is Type 9
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is very high

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since this was necromanced. :alttongue:

Per tagging: I don't really relate to the Se PoLR description. Maybe when I was in adolescence but I grew out of it. 1/5 for good measure?

Cygnus

Meh. I say that Enneatypes are more or less evenly distributed among all MBTIs, but some E-types are more similar to certain MBTIs than others, so this makes both of them harder to identify in an individual with disparity between MBTI and E-type. For example, you’d expect an ESTJ to be an 8, 1, or possibly 6, but an ESTJ 4 could also exist even though that’s never what you’d expect, and this would make the 4 and the ESTJ in this individual both twice as hard to identify, so he’d most likely mistype in both systems.
I have a teacher who’s basically a real friendly people person and she’s a Sanguine, but she’s also ENTJ. I have an ESTP guitar teacher whom I think is 9w1 or 1w9. You’d never expect one person to be ESTP and 9, but he seems to have the core repulsion from anger of the 9 and the same basic style of perceiving and acting in the world as an ESTP, so that’s what he is.
This, combined with oddball cognitive function stackings like those Te-Fi or Se-Si or Ni-Ti people, could be why most people don’t fit exactly into MBTI and the system is not officially trusted.

yeghor

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/history.asp

Virtue (Maturity?) of each type:

Virtues.gif

Vice of each type:

Passions.gif

Desired goal of each type:

HolyIdeas.gif

Under Stress behaviour of each type:

EgoFixation.gif

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] You were right, along with a bunch of other people. I'm not an INFJ. Thank you for your contributions like this thread.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh. I say that Enneatypes are more or less evenly distributed among all MBTIs, but some E-types are more similar to certain MBTIs than others, so this makes both of them harder to identify in an individual with disparity between MBTI and E-type. For example, you’d expect an ESTJ to be an 8, 1, or possibly 6, but an ESTJ 4 could also exist even though that’s never what you’d expect, and this would make the 4 and the ESTJ in this individual both twice as hard to identify, so he’d most likely mistype in both systems.
I have a teacher who’s basically a real friendly people person and she’s a Sanguine, but she’s also ENTJ. I have an ESTP guitar teacher whom I think is 9w1 or 1w9. You’d never expect one person to be ESTP and 9, but he seems to have the core repulsion from anger of the 9 and the same basic style of perceiving and acting in the world as an ESTP, so that’s what he is.
This, combined with oddball cognitive function stackings like those Te-Fi or Se-Si or Ni-Ti people, could be why most people don’t fit exactly into MBTI and the system is not officially trusted.

I agree.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Venetian

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another mistyped INFJ here. I'm most likely a self-consciuos ENFP. Reflecting about my past and understanding the cognitive functions was key. In my defense I have to say that the 99.9% of the MBTI questionnaires out there suck :D

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

I disagree.

Enneatype 5 is actually strongly correlated with IT types, and you are therefore very unlikely to be a 5 if you are a Feeler, especially. The other Enneatypes aren't strongly correlated with MBTI, but do have some correlation. It is hard to imagine how an INTJ could have the core fears/desires of an E2, or that an ESFP could have the core fears/desires of an E5 (or that, to use your example, an ESTJ could have the core fears/desires of an E4).

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 30%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 34%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 26%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
5 19 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
4 13 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
9 11 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 8 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
1 7 I must be perfect and good to survive.
8 6 I must be strong and in control to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking).

Test Results

Your Sociotype: IEI-1Ni (INFp)

Brief Description of the IEI

Using introverted intuition as her base function and extroverted feeling as his creative, the IEI lives in a world of vivid imagery and imagination. Like the SEI, the IEI is a very creative type and is often seen channelling this creativity towards artistic pursuits such as music. However the two types' creativities diverge with the SEI's creativities channeled towards more tangible creations and the IEI's channeled towards more intangible creations--e.g., the creation of imaginary worlds or stories. The IEI is acutely attuned to the effect these creations can have on people's emotional state, and it is not uncommon for these creations to have a strong emotional impact on people. At her best, the IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends--particularly those involving human interaction. At her worst, the IEI can become lost in her imagination and lackadaisical. Overall, the IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around her, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits. Learn more about the IEI here!

Other Possible Types

EIE (ENFj): 88% as likely as IEI.
EII (INFj): 80% as likely as IEI.
ESI (ISFj): 55% as likely as IEI.