• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Can one change types?

megeetaytay

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always thought of myself as a quintessential ENFP...I swear that I feel like I have lost my Ne.
I wouldn't even be able to say what I think that I am now because I feel like I'm just nothing.
I've gotten really quiet and I'm no longer fun or funny or fun-loving or good at connecting ideas together.
I've taken a turn for the worse.

Is it possible for one to "lose" his/her Ne?
Can I get it back?

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Traditionally, Mbti isn't derived by how you project on others. But rather a way to understand how your cognitive process works. It's as unconscious as the way you breath and blink. You can change the rhythm and pattern briefly until you get distracted, and eventually, it goes back to it's former function like locomotion.

Btw, there's plenty of articles and threads on this subject.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You can get it back for sure.. It's who you are.

I'm sorry that you're in a bad place right now.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I 'lost' my Ne for a while too. Went full on Si/Te mode. Hardly recognized myself and really thought that was the way I was going to be forever. I finally got out of that place and am first hand evidence that you can indeed get it back. Hope you can find what you need to help get you back to your old self again. I promise it's in there waiting for you to find it again.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I temporarily lose my Ne from time to time, but it always comes back. I assure you that what you're going through isn't permanent.

I wouldn't even be able to say what I think that I am now because I feel like I'm just nothing.
I've gotten really quiet and I'm no longer fun or funny or fun-loving or good at connecting ideas together.

I had thoughts like this too. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be hard on yourself.

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
I feel like I'm just nothing. I've gotten really quiet and I'm no longer fun or funny or fun-loving or good at connecting ideas together.

I think you may be in a bad period of your life and you seem to focus your identity only on good version of you. When things get hard you cannot always be fun and function in harmony.
I was before very caring about people, but I got extremely hurt by them in general and disappointed. So I turned to my T. I still don't know if I'm actually an F that 'turned' T cause of my bad experience. I don't think it's possible for one to always function in their core cause you always will be affected by people and that is normal. You also need to adjust, you're not gonna show your boss that you don't care for deadlines if you're for example P and he is J. You wanna keep your job. I don't think you lost your Ne. I think mybe you're blocking Ne for now, for a reason. And that is ok, life may put obsticles for you and now just hold on and possibly become even higher good version of yourself. :pumpyouup:

megeetaytay

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I swear all of you have really cheered me up thank you all :)