• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Susan Cain

yeghor

Is Susan Cain an ENFJ...? She defines herself as an introvert though?

[video]http://www.makers.com/susan-cain[/video]

What say you IxTPs?

Last edited:

yeghor

Any ideas guys\gals...?
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and any other ENFJs?

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
She reminds me of Lisa Kudrow... in pictures/videos. It seems that she knows herself well... I'd go with INFP. I also see her nervous attempts at Fe appearing unnatural. Sweet, likable lady, though. :)

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She self identifies as INFP:
I actually have shared my MBTI — I’m an INFP. (though very close to the J side. I’m a ridiculously high scorer on the N and F though.)

Which sounds about right to me.

yeghor

She self identifies as INFP:

Which sounds about right to me.

...As for the chart data, if there's any overlap between INFJ and INFP core motivations as per mbti, that would explain the overlap... If there aren't any, then there must be something wrong in the wording of either of the tests that mislead enneagram 4s... One thing that comes to my mind is that IxFP's mirror image functionwise is ExFJ... Perhaps that's what causing the overlap?

She radiates something out...not isolated like an Fi-dom... Perhaps she yearns to be an INFP...

á´…eparted

passages
Any ideas guys\gals...?
@Hard and any other ENFJs?

Well, first, are you now of the opinion that I am ENFJ?

Second, I don't see her as an extrovert. At least, I don't get any signs of it. I think I saw her in a ted talk years back. Considering she wrote a book on introversion, and self identifies with it, I really strongly suspect she is correct in her self assesment. With that said, introversion/extroversion in the classical sense is not directly linked with MBTI. Even considering that though I don't see her as an Xe lead. Doesn't make sense.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Very obvious INFP to me. Her 1st and 2nd cognitive functions are clearly visible : Fi & Ne. [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] : what she radiates is Ne (very notable around 1:15 when she talks about the book intended as an empowerment for the people reading it).
Reminds me of Lisa Kudrow as well.

Strongly agree with her statement that we need to plan more solitude in our weekends (even extraverts as she said).

yeghor

Very obvious INFP to me. Her 1st and 2nd cognitive functions are clearly visible : Fi & Ne. [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] : what she radiates is Ne (very notable around 1:15 when she talks about the book intended as an empowerment for the people reading it).
Reminds me of Lisa Kudrow as well.

Strongly agree with her statement that we need to plan more solitude in our weekends (even extraverts as she said).

Don't know... Fi users have more piercing gaze... Her eyes are all droopy, mesmerizing... they are "caring" eyes... Her way of talking is also hypnotizing...
[MENTION=4299]meowington[/MENTION] would you be interested to take this test... I am wondering about the mbti types of enneagram 2s and 3s...

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7

yeghor

She's really hot actually ;) You described her well.
Isn't droopy, mesmerizing and caring eyes almost a trademark of all NFs ?
I often get from others that I have a piercing gaze as well, or that I have "talking" eyes according to the Chinese. But when I'm thinking, or more likely intuiting, I often have a droopy, stonerlook in my eyes. I think it changes a bit based on what I'm doing.

I'm really fond of people who have a hypnotizing way of talking.

Did the test again (same result) : EII-1Ne (INFj)

Does this fit with other 2s ?

I turned out to be an EII-0... I think INFJ type must be concentrated somewhere around enneagram 1 and 2... like 1w2 or 2w1... Cause ennea 1 supplies the superego complex whereas 2 supplies the caring complex...

The problem is there aren't so many 2s around appearently...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69117&p=2285232&viewfull=1#post2285232

B

brainheart

Why would an INFP feel guilty for needing alone time? If INFP my vote is for a 6w7, so/sp.

I read her book and felt like it didn't apply to me. The focus was big on telling introverts it's ok to be introverted, and giving them the courage to own their introversion. I've never felt ashamed about being an introvert. Also, it was huge on corporation/business stuff which is just not how my life rolls.

She reminds me of the IXFJ sixes I know.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would an INFP feel guilty for needing alone time? If INFP my vote is for a 6w7, so/sp.

I read her book and felt like it didn't apply to me. The focus was big on telling introverts it's ok to be introverted, and giving them the courage to own their introversion. I've never felt ashamed about being an introvert. Also, it was huge on corporation/business stuff which is just not how my life rolls.

She reminds me of the IXFJ sixes I know.

I agree. She could be INFJ. INFJ 6. She succeeded in the world, but now she wants to strike back at it, and assert herself instead of having to conform, like she has done for most of her life. I know the feeling.

B

brainheart

I agree. She could be INFJ. INFJ 6. She succeeded in the world, but now she wants to strike back at it, and assert herself instead of having to conform, like she has done for most of her life. I know the feeling.

Yes. Well said.