• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Confronting the INFJ

NJJC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Ok so an INFJ is acting like an idiot....do you confront them because they are stubborn and need to see their idiocy or do you play it super cautious because of their sensitivity?

L

LadyLazarus

Just slap them.

INFJ or not everyone understands a good slap to the face.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmmm, answering a question with a question, Stephen Colbert's face, and the idea of slapping people in the face. I have a tough act to follow. :D

Ok so an INFJ is acting like an idiot....do you confront them because they are stubborn and need to see their idiocy or do you play it super cautious because of their sensitivity?

Confront them in a diplomatic way. Most INFJ's care about how they affect others, so if you frame things from a gentle, feelings-oriented way, they should take it well. I don't think INFJ's are made of porcelain or anything. It really depends on whether you mean INFJ's in general or an INFJ on your own life. If you know the person, it really should be catered more to what you know of that person, not a typological prescription.

yeghor

i am stubborn and always think i am right which doesnt help...i also value counsel which you really didnt give

Is this some kind of joke...? You don't come across as INFJ...but some kind of a troll...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always assume people communicate their personal level of sensitivity based on their treatment of others. It's okay to mirror back people's behavior as long as you yourself stay detached and in control because it helps to teach empathy. It's a type of forced empathy and a lot of people are incapable of learning without it.

Also, I think that Fi-doms are way more sensitive than Ni-doms. An inner world of Ni-Ti is rather badass. Yes, INFJs internalize all that Fe-Se from their environments, but all they have to do is escape it for a while to regain their balance and toughness.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be calm and straight forward about what you have observed. Frame it in a compassionate way, but be honest. I want to know when I am acting like an idiot so I can correct it.

But that's just me....

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Oh I would never confront them, poor fragile little flowers.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

If somebody has an issue with me, I wish they'd just come out and say it. The only way to fix a problem is to first acknowledge that it exists.