• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Types, How Many Hours Of Sleep are Optimal? Necessary?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
4-6 minimum, 7-9 optimal, 10-12 lazy, 12+ special circumstance

EDIT: I didn't get more than 4-6 all last week. Got 7-8 on Friday night and Saturday night, but was still not caught up at all. Took a six hr nap on Sunday in addition to getting 6.5hrs of sleep that night.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP. I can 'get by'/function on 4-6hrs, as long as it's not more than one night in a row, but it's far from optimal and I have a headache/feel physically kinda sick. 7 hrs is doable, in that I don't usually have the feeling-sick repercussion, might just feel kinda tired. 8-10 is ideal.

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am an INFP, 9w1. As far as sleep, nine times out of ten I get four hours of sleep. Once in a blue moon, however, I get easily 18 hours of on and off sleep without leaving my bed. I call it the netflix/potpie day: an entire day drifting between sleep, microwaved potpies, and netfliz tv shows. God it's the absolute best. Usually I'd be lucky to get four hours though.

hannahgracex

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP. I either need to get barely any sleep or lots of sleep. 1-4 hours is good, 8-10 hours is good. But that 5-7 hours is rough.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I go for 8 but fluctuate between 5 and 12 depending on my sleep balance.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm currently running on 10 for the last two nights combined. Crash is imminent.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My sleep is almost always screwed up. Right now, I can function on 6-7 a day. I do better with 8-10. Less than four and I start to be significantly impaired. Not eating regularly also has an impairing effect on me.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow, I'm really interested to hear all of these responses. It is not what I expected; a lot of divergent responses from the 8 hour standard.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ideal for me is 9,but can work with 8. Less than that i have a real bad temper and am slow and dumb at work. I have a couple of infj friends that seem to need very few sleep aka 6h,but i dont know if thats got statistical relevance or not... cool thread :) ps also,conditions matter: if im sleaping alone or with someone else,the lightning and external noise,etc...

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ, 8-9 is optimal, sometimes 10 if I haven't had enough sleep in a while. I can get by with 6-7, but I start to feel awful if I get only 6 hours for a couple nights in a row.

Geonat

About 8 hrs,
When no need for social interaction I can stay up for 30 hours, while intense mingling for 30 minutes (no matter how pleasant) makes me just want to go home and sleep for 30 hours :) I envy and admire those who can - wouldn't it be nice to be able to change personality for a day or two, just for some variation :)

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
INFJ - 8-9, I can feel very similarly with 7 hours of sleep... and although I may be very, very tired... I could still function with little to no sleep - although I've rarely had to pull all-nighters (especially without an adrenaline rush - so I can't say for certain). 3 hours... I'm someone who will attempt to get her stuff done - very chill. 5 hours... the same, except I'd at times feel as though I did have enough sleep. I try to make sure I'd get at least 7 on average, though.

libby

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ. I could sleep for 4, 8, or 12 hours - doesn't make a difference. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter how long I sleep, I'll still wake up tired. My sleeping schedule is all screwed up though. I can stay up for days or sleep for days or last on 3 or 4 hours of sleep a day to get by.

Geonat

INFJ. I could sleep for 4, 8, or 12 hours - doesn't make a difference. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter how long I sleep, I'll still wake up tired. My sleeping schedule is all screwed up though. I can stay up for days or sleep for days or last on 3 or 4 hours of sleep a day to get by.

Hi there!
I can totally relate to what you are writing - it happens to me every eighth year or so.

You don't have to solve all that by yourself. See if you can find a friend or two to have around - then you need to get dressed, you need to keep appointments, you can eat together and they will help keep track on your sleeping schedule.

If you have a car, park it somewhere where you have to move it early in the morning to avoid a fine :)

If you study or go to work, try to schedule important meetings that will get you started in the mornings.

And make plenty of room for sleeping hours - even if you don't actually sleep, your body rests. You can try to lie still in bed and "unthink" parts of your body - start with you toes for example and work you way through the body - after a few minutes it will feel as if you're floating freely in space - very relaxing. Breathe in and out, and consciously try to relax your body a little more after each breathing-out.

I don't know if you wanted help, but I wanted to share some things that has worked for me personally, just in case :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP - 12, but I can do ok with 9

gromit

likes this
8.5-9 is my ideal. Can't really function with less than 7.

IxFP

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
7-8 hours optimal, 6 hours i can get by for many many days, 4-5 hours i can do like 2-5 days and one day i can function somehow with like 3 hours. How i function also depends on what time i get the sleep.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
6-8 hours, I can't sleep any longer than that anyway. However it is more to do with when I get to sleep and whether I wake up in the night than how long I sleep. Getting to sleep earlier - say 10pm - is much better than at midnight, and having a shorter but deep sleep is much more refreshing than a longer, shallower sleep where i wake up multiple times. So it's more complicated than how many hours i get.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Instinctual Variant
sp
I need at least 9 hours for me, seriously, I need so much sleep. Often where I am now I get awoken by about 8 or 7