• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] An ENFP way to type people?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Is my method of typing people an ENFP way of typing people? So basically, my method of typing people is as follows....

1) Read all the credible type descriptions online and in books about what a type is like, how they act, what their defense mechanisms are, etc.

2) Go out in real world and interact, interview, and observe these type of people, what they act like, what their defense mechanisms are, etc.

3) I then find another person(s) whom are also interested in personality theory that I deem to be an adept at personality theory. I compare notes with them about what I have observed and cross-reference it with what they have observed, and I then form new conclusions about a type based on that. NOTE: I cross reference my conclusions with as many people as possible's conclusions until the picture of what a type REALLY looks like becomes clearer, and clearer in my head.

4) When a person then asks me what type they are, I then point to these refined pictures of what a type looks like in my head (along with the many other sub-categories of this type that I have created in my head) and label them based on that criteria.

One thing that I would like to specifically point out is that I really put a lot of emphasis on my observations of a type and my observations of what that type usually behaves like. If a person behaves in a VERY different way, as opposed to what I am generally used to observing with that type, then I will generally assume that there is a very good chance that this person is mistyped. I've heard that typing in this manner is very reminiscent of ENFP's and that ENTP's generally despise typing people this way? Is this true? Also, what is your type, and what is your general method of typing people?
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION] X [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

You all may enjoy this thread.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I think Ti would want to understand typology just for the sake of it and Fi for a purpose with personal significance.