• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] F

Parabola

MBTI Type
INTJ
Doesn't it just drive you nuts sometimes?

I know another INTJ female. We got to know each other, and over the course of our conversations, we talked about the MBTI and personality theory. Turns out, she used to be an INFJ, but her T side developed as she enrolled in college. She had some very interesting insights. She talked about how she would often feel things so much, without control of her emotions. Feeling would just dominate her actions, with little to no thought behind them, just as waves of emotion that she would act on. As her T side grew, she talked about how she realized how hard it can be to live that way.

I'm an INTJ myself, and one thing that stands out about my personality is that my T side is typically 100%, or very near to it. It's not that I don't have feelings (to the contrary, I can be very passionate), I just almost never act on them. In any case, her insights were incredibly fascinating to me.

Which makes me wonder, as I pose this question to the NF community here:

Doesn't your F just drive you nuts sometimes?

Atomic Fiend

I know another INTJ female. We got to know each other, and over the course of our conversations, we talked about the MBTI and personality theory. Turns out, she used to be an INFJ, but her T side developed as she enrolled in college. She had some very interesting insights. She talked about how she would often feel things so much, without control of her emotions. Feeling would just dominate her actions, with little to no thought behind them, just as waves of emotion that she would act on. As her T side grew, she talked about how she realized how hard it can be to live that way.
Doesn't work that way. Just because you develop your thinking preference doesn't make you an INTJ, just as if you developed your Feeling preferece, it wouldn't make you INFJ.

No, it instead works to balance out your personality, it's something that both Ts and Fs go through, maturing.

Which makes me wonder, as I pose this question to the NF community here:

More my thoughts then feelings.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am an INFP & I use Te to be more of a Thinker... that doesn't mean I'm becoming an INTP! Not at all.. INTP uses Ti. Very different form of "T".

So.. your friend may be an INTJ that has gotten more of a harness on her auxiliary Te..

Or she may be an INFJ that has become more emotionally mature, and what you see is her Ti.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I'm quite doubtful about the INFJ turning into an INTJ.

I myself have for long been developing my T side (which is mainly Te) because of my interest in natural sciences and the theory of music, but I surely haven't turned into an INTP and never will. In fact, the reasons to my interests are rooted in my F: I love music and nature very passionately.

And no, F does not drive me nuts. My feelings and emotions are very strong and they are the driving force in my life, but they are quite stable and consistent and definitely not random. I always stop to think and reflect before acting. I am never blindly emotional. F makes my life worth living, and my life would be dull, gray and boring without it.

(I have spoken.)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'd wager to say most INTJs are very passionate about things that interest them -- it's just that the way they normally go about things (Ni + Te) appears very passionless to outsiders.

Balance between T and F is more of a maturity thing rather than a type-change thing...

heart

heart on fire

If she was really INFJ then, she's INFJ now, just more Ti development.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah, to the point of trying to kill it... I've given up on that endeavor though. Balancing my Te and Fi is my current attempt to work the problem while hopefully enjoying some of the benefits of keeping F around.