• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ's, how do you deal with these?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disembodiment issues: Not feeling your body and feeling like you don't exist. Do you have a high sensitivity (like me) when you get hurt, the physical (and mental) pain hurts a lot? It makes you know that you have a body haha, but once the pain goes away do you retreat back into nonexistence?

How about for food? You can scarf and eat it all down and not feel any fullness? Especially if you indulge in your Ni for quite a bit? I can still feel full eventually, is that because my Si is a little bit higher? Do INFJ's feel like they relate a lot to Si in terms of remembering to help better yourself in the future? I try to, but then it won't come to me when it comes at the moment. How about Se, are you in any way sporty (individual-wise) or muscular (naturally, not to say you're a body builder, I also believe Carl Jung is an INTJ (not 100% sure) but he was quite built himself but for sure Ni-Se is common for INJ's)

Feeling acute sensitivies: Do you sometimes feel that every person you meet with (especially at work) doesn't have a good feeling about you? And even if you don't care about what that other person feels, it bugs you that you could've maybe left a better impression or for that person to a greater understanding about you?

The Mild Judging Part of You: Many INFJ's (at least I would think so) have low judging and can act like perceivers often (procrastinating, leaving options open, etc.) and then once in a while you have a quick decision made, does that throw other people off from you? You can sometimes be really relaxed and try to be comfortable, then at other parts you're like really in the need to dress to impress?

Dealing with Stress: I often listen to music a lot (more of electronica like trance and electro-pop) and that gets with the intense side of me? I am not too big of a fan of classics, although some a good to listen to once in a while. :) As I grow older, I have a harder time forgiving than I was young, but it's not terribly bad and I am pickier on food, wanting higher quality on things, also my concentration has greatly increased. I always tend to scan the room, but do nothing with the possibilities out there. Do you feel like you blank out when there's too much to do, if something is of impending importance, does your teeth start to gnash and get hard on yourself for not completing what you're supposed to be doing? Classic literature is becoming a greater importance to me as I grow older too.

[Sorry if any of these may have been covered under the topic Common INFJ problems, I don't have all the time in the world to read through them. :cry: ]

The first two tend to bug me more, than the others. Love to hear your thoughts and opinions. :)

Excuse me if the grammar isn't good. :(

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I forget about my body a lot of times unless something about it irritates me. I cannot go long without food. Even when I don't notice hunger right away I notice the other effects of not eating. If I put it off I start doing stupid stuff, like locking myself out of the house so I've learned not to put it off once I notice it. I'm sensitive to tactile stuff, like uncomfortable shoes/clothes. I'm sensitive to temperatures. I'm sensitive to loud sounds.

I love food and though I'm not always in touch with hunger, I tend to notice when I am full and usually don't over eat much. I love good smells. I love physical comfort. I love sex.

I am not sporty, but I love to walk. I used to walk a lot with my grandma when I was little and I loved those times.

I try to avoid stress as much as I can. I am prone to worry. Distraction works pretty well for me a lot of the time. Spending time by myself reading, sometimes eating/drinking things I like helps me calm down. So does writing about things I'm worried about. Occasionally listening to sad music helps me feel better.

Usually if I take care of my body, my mind mostly takes care of itself. Or that's how it seems to work right now.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I forget about my body a lot of times unless something about it irritates me. I cannot go long without food. Even when I don't notice hunger right away I notice the other effects of not eating. If I put it off I start doing stupid stuff, like locking myself out of the house so I've learned not to put it off once I notice it. I'm sensitive to tactile stuff, like uncomfortable shoes/clothes. I'm sensitive to temperatures. I'm sensitive to loud sounds.

I love food and though I'm not always in touch with hunger, I tend to notice when I am full and usually don't over eat much. I love good smells. I love physical comfort. I love sex.

I am not sporty, but I love to walk. I used to walk a lot with my grandma when I was little and I loved those times.

I try to avoid stress as much as I can. I am prone to worry. Distraction works pretty well for me a lot of the time. Spending time by myself reading, sometimes eating/drinking things I like helps me calm down. So does writing about things I'm worried about. Occasionally listening to sad music helps me feel better.

Usually if I take care of my body, my mind mostly takes care of itself. Or that's how it seems to work right now.

This. Thank you. I pretty much relate with you 100% on almost everything. My body acts really weird without food.

Last edited:

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ooo this is a good thread :)

Disembodiment issues: I realise when I am hungry and tired etc but I don't really give it much thought. However, I do notice the affects these things have on me...like if I don't eat I notice the change in my mood and concentration etc. I've been low lately and struggling with work and I didn't make the connection between me feeling low and having poor concentration to my lack of sleeping and eating. I also don't really notice when I'm full lol so I can overeat quite easily. I relate to [MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] with being sensitive to temperature, loud sounds etc.

Feeling acute sensitivities: I pick up on way too much and then I over think way too much. I will pick up on the fact someone is angry for example but then overthink and assume the reason must be me.

The mild judging part of you: In terms of just the letters p and j and what they are supposed to mean, I prefer a j approach to things but I can act like a p. I procrastinate a lot because I'm a perfectionist. I need to spend some times thinking about it before I do it, but to make up for the lack of actual productivity I start procrastinating so it's like I am doing something with my time...but not lol. I also come off like I am putting things off and that I'm indecisive. In reality I am just very hesitant. I have often made a decision but I'm hesitant on whether to act on it because I think of future implications and worry I am making the wrong choice etc.

Dealing with stress: I try to carry on and pretend it's not bothering me. I want to prove I can handle things and I feel embarrassed when I need assistance. So I often plunge myself into work. At school when I was getting bullied my grades would be perfect because of this. So when teachers got involved they wouldn't believe it was really a problem because my grades hadn't suffered lol. And recently I've been having a really hard time at work and with some things in my personal life but I wanted to prove I was fine so I've really overworked myself and now I am flat out exhausted and feel even worse. That may be to do with me being an Enneagram 1 rather than INFJ. Inside I don't deal with stress well. I overthink and then I feel I can't talk to anyone about it even though I really need to get it all out to make sense of it and then I end up feeling lonely. Really need to find a better way to deal with these things.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooo this is a good thread :)

Disembodiment issues: I realise when I am hungry and tired etc but I don't really give it much thought. However, I do notice the affects these things have on me...like if I don't eat I notice the change in my mood and concentration etc. I've been low lately and struggling with work and I didn't make the connection between me feeling low and having poor concentration to my lack of sleeping and eating. I also don't really notice when I'm full lol so I can overeat quite easily. I relate to [MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] with being sensitive to temperature, loud sounds etc.

Feeling acute sensitivities: I pick up on way too much and then I over think way too much. I will pick up on the fact someone is angry for example but then overthink and assume the reason must be me.

The mild judging part of you: In terms of just the letters p and j and what they are supposed to mean, I prefer a j approach to things but I can act like a p. I procrastinate a lot because I'm a perfectionist. I need to spend some times thinking about it before I do it, but to make up for the lack of actual productivity I start procrastinating so it's like I am doing something with my time...but not lol. I also come off like I am putting things off and that I'm indecisive. In reality I am just very hesitant. I have often made a decision but I'm hesitant on whether to act on it because I think of future implications and worry I am making the wrong choice etc.

Dealing with stress: I try to carry on and pretend it's not bothering me. I want to prove I can handle things and I feel embarrassed when I need assistance. So I often plunge myself into work. At school when I was getting bullied my grades would be perfect because of this. So when teachers got involved they wouldn't believe it was really a problem because my grades hadn't suffered lol. And recently I've been having a really hard time at work and with some things in my personal life but I wanted to prove I was fine so I've really overworked myself and now I am flat out exhausted and feel even worse. That may be to do with me being an Enneagram 1 rather than INFJ. Inside I don't deal with stress well. I overthink and then I feel I can't talk to anyone about it even though I really need to get it all out to make sense of it and then I end up feeling lonely. Really need to find a better way to deal with these things.

Thank you! :D

I think I am too in a way with cafe and you on the part when I go to sleep, I am a very light sleeper, the blankets need to be right, the temperature to be balanced. (AC and warm blanket combo as dark as possible and can't sleep midday)
Time to work out! :run:

Yeah, very true! :) But what if it is really you who caused it? :O It's unfortunate that it isn't easy to dismiss, unless you ask directly. Sometimes I just have to do that and even then they could be lying just to make you feel better.. which doesn't.

Yes I definitely do want a life to be planned out. However, I do just like to relax and have everything unplanned once in a while.

Tell me when you find out how to deal with stress. :) I sometimes tend to fall an Ne side of me, and make myself laugh out of things that "could happen" when stuff gets really boring or dull. Maybe it's a guy thing, but if I can I just "forget" about it, it sometimes works. However it tends to pop back up every once in a while if it is important. :)dry: and :) )

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Disembodiment issues: I meditate a lot. Frequently I'll be walking down the street or something and just feel like my eyes are there. They'll grow big. Completely dissociated. I don't eat all that much (perhaps because of all of the coffee :mellow: and don't sleep very much either, although my sleeping schedule oscillates wildly, and I sleep like a rock and dream vividly. I experience similar periods of boom-bust with physical intimacy, which is a lot of Ni-Fe tug-of-war.

Feeling acute sensitivities: This absolutely happens, and frequently is a result of Ni jumping to an unfounded conclusion or blowing something out of proportion I would think, reading between the lines too much. For me at least. For others maybe it's a hair trigger harmony-seeking Fe reaction?

The Mild Judging Part of You: This website posits that IJs and EPs are true Jungian Perceivers as their dominant function is a Perceiving function and IPs and EJs are true Judgers since their dominant is a Judging function...which really connected with me, because I don't really fit the classic conscientious J-type. Ni is pervasive. I guess punctuality and cleanliness, and some perfectionism towards work, but other than that, in private, not really a quintessential J-type with friends and plans and that sort of thing.

Dealing with Stress: Meditation and music. When it's immediate, in the moment stress, I just shut off. I just shut off a lot. My friends have figured out what silence means with regards to an Ni dominant. Not conscious silence, like what happens sometimes with the Fi-dom INFP in the group, but subconscious silence.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disembodiment issues: I meditate a lot. Frequently I'll be walking down the street or something and just feel like my eyes are there. They'll grow big. Completely dissociated. I don't eat all that much (perhaps because of all of the coffee :mellow: and don't sleep very much either, although my sleeping schedule oscillates wildly, and I sleep like a rock and dream vividly. I experience similar periods of boom-bust with physical intimacy, which is a lot of Ni-Fe tug-of-war.

Feeling acute sensitivities: This absolutely happens, and frequently is a result of Ni jumping to an unfounded conclusion or blowing something out of proportion I would think, reading between the lines too much. For me at least. For others maybe it's a hair trigger harmony-seeking Fe reaction?

The Mild Judging Part of You: This website posits that IJs and EPs are true Jungian Perceivers as their dominant function is a Perceiving function and IPs and EJs are true Judgers since their dominant is a Judging function...which really connected with me, because I don't really fit the classic conscientious J-type. Ni is pervasive. I guess punctuality and cleanliness, and some perfectionism towards work, but other than that, in private, not really a quintessential J-type with friends and plans and that sort of thing.

Dealing with Stress: Meditation and music. When it's immediate, in the moment stress, I just shut off. I just shut off a lot. My friends have figured out what silence means with regards to an Ni dominant. Not conscious silence, like what happens sometimes with the Fi-dom INFP in the group, but subconscious silence.

Hmm, any tips on meditation?

Huh.. I think it also depends on the situation. Four types tend to just dismiss/delay it if they are heading towards unhealthy.

I read that post before. I quite agree with it. We're so perceiving in many ways. If INFJ typed people seem too judging, they should reconsider their types. :)

Like blur out? or Withdrawal of openness in speech?

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, any tips on meditation?

Huh.. I think it also depends on the situation. Four types tend to just dismiss/delay it if they are heading towards unhealthy.

I read that post before. I quite agree with it. We're so perceiving in many ways. If INFJ typed people seem too judging, they should reconsider their types. :)

Like blur out? or Withdrawal of openness in speech?

Meditation took forever to get the hang of. The ISFJ best friend who got me interested picked it up in maybe two weeks but it took me months of daily slog before it clicked. I can't meditate with my eyes closed, because my mind is more distracting than my room, so I just slow down my blinking and focus on relaxing my facial muscles. At night I like to meditate to the stars, especially in the summer. Music helps sometimes as well, if I'm trying to mediate on a certain emotion.

Damn, hadn't thought of it as a Four-trait. The downward spiral...

The shutting-off happens most frequently due to mental exhaustion/overprocessing, like there is nothing else I can handle consciously and so I shut off Fe/Ti and blur out...my friends say they notice it a lot during lulls in conversation, so when it's time to jump back in it takes me a little while. When they ask me what I'm thinking about, some of them used to be frustrated to hear "nothing much..." or something like that, because they felt I was reserving judgment or hiding something. This issue was never a problem with the ISTP or the INFP among my friends and has become better with time with others. It drives my ESTJ mother batshit, though.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meditation took forever to get the hang of. The ISFJ best friend who got me interested picked it up in maybe two weeks but it took me months of daily slog before it clicked. I can't meditate with my eyes closed, because my mind is more distracting than my room, so I just slow down my blinking and focus on relaxing my facial muscles. At night I like to meditate to the stars, especially in the summer. Music helps sometimes as well, if I'm trying to mediate on a certain emotion.

Damn, hadn't thought of it as a Four-trait. The downward spiral...

The shutting-off happens most frequently due to mental exhaustion/overprocessing, like there is nothing else I can handle consciously and so I shut off Fe/Ti and blur out...my friends say they notice it a lot during lulls in conversation, so when it's time to jump back in it takes me a little while. When they ask me what I'm thinking about, some of them used to be frustrated to hear "nothing much..." or something like that, because they felt I was reserving judgment or hiding something. This issue was never a problem with the ISTP or the INFP among my friends and has become better with time with others. It drives my ESTJ mother batshit, though.

Haha I wonder if you referenced me in there. ;D I agree, the inner life is full of distractions. :(

Haha, my ISFJ mom is like "okay." Unless I start showing emotion haha. Thanks for clarifying.

Doomkid

I have experienced full detachment sometimes when I was a kid, but I didn't like it, it was too strong like I couldn't control my body for a few seconds. I was also very VERY easily distracted when I was a kid

INFJ can sometimes think they're INFP because they're perceiving most of the time. But then comes those times where you wanna accomplish something so bad that you become a control freak for a short time...and then you're back to perceiving right? well at least it's like that for me

I also experience compulsiveness when extraverted sensing is denied for too long, I also think a million things and it take sometime to realize I'm being compulsive...Do you realate to any of this?

NJJC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Disembodiment issues: Not feeling your body and feeling like you don't exist. Do you have a high sensitivity (like me) when you get hurt, the physical (and mental) pain hurts a lot? It makes you know that you have a body haha, but once the pain goes away do you retreat back into nonexistence?

How about for food? You can scarf and eat it all down and not feel any fullness? Especially if you indulge in your Ni for quite a bit? I can still feel full eventually, is that because my Si is a little bit higher? Do INFJ's feel like they relate a lot to Si in terms of remembering to help better yourself in the future? I try to, but then it won't come to me when it comes at the moment. How about Se, are you in any way sporty (individual-wise) or muscular (naturally, not to say you're a body builder, I also believe Carl Jung is an INTJ (not 100% sure) but he was quite built himself but for sure Ni-Se is common for INJ's)

Feeling acute sensitivies: Do you sometimes feel that every person you meet with (especially at work) doesn't have a good feeling about you? And even if you don't care about what that other person feels, it bugs you that you could've maybe left a better impression or for that person to a greater understanding about you?

The Mild Judging Part of You: Many INFJ's (at least I would think so) have low judging and can act like perceivers often (procrastinating, leaving options open, etc.) and then once in a while you have a quick decision made, does that throw other people off from you? You can sometimes be really relaxed and try to be comfortable, then at other parts you're like really in the need to dress to impress?

Dealing with Stress: I often listen to music a lot (more of electronica like trance and electro-pop) and that gets with the intense side of me? I am not too big of a fan of classics, although some a good to listen to once in a while. :) As I grow older, I have a harder time forgiving than I was young, but it's not terribly bad and I am pickier on food, wanting higher quality on things, also my concentration has greatly increased. I always tend to scan the room, but do nothing with the possibilities out there. Do you feel like you blank out when there's too much to do, if something is of impending importance, does your teeth start to gnash and get hard on yourself for not completing what you're supposed to be doing? Classic literature is becoming a greater importance to me as I grow older too.

[Sorry if any of these may have been covered under the topic Common INFJ problems, I don't have all the time in the world to read through them. :cry: ]

The first two tend to bug me more, than the others. Love to hear your thoughts and opinions. :)

disembodiment issues- this is why we have big imaginations because we take ourselves out of our reality. However, this will never lead to growth. I did drugs for 5 years straight and had a few addictions for this and i never grew an an individual mentally and spiritually. Stay sober minded, realize you have identity issues and need to hear who you really are from others that honestly care about u. You are not only a person but one that has the ability to influence many in special ways. You are sensitive but try to use your (S) in these situations and try not to judge right away. Observe the situation, seek counsel before acting out in any way. We can make stupid decisions if we let our feelings control everything.

feeling acute sensitivities - mbti teaches us that we care about what others think of us. If you have been hearing some negative news about your rep recently then u will be super paranoid. If you hear good things about your rep then you might on the other extreme and think u are Gods gift to the world, which u are but stay humble. The trick is to stay humble with yourself and how you view others. No one is perfect and neither are you so feel good that you understand the world better than most. It is frustrating but that is why you are an INFJ. Most of what you hear in your head needs to be confirmed. Remember the identity issue stems from these negative thoughts you are having. There is a reason behind most thought processes.

Mild judging- i don know about you but most INFJs judge and judge harshly. Yes we are open with others but we also have high expectations and when they are not met (most of thetime) then we judge. Our J usually domiantes the P. I would listen to your P friends if you have any and take their advice. We are open but we limit that with high expectations. Lose the expectations and watch super growth.

dealing with stress- ok this is where my religious side really comes in handy. I read my bible like a maniac now and only listen to instrumental music or Christian music with lyrics I know wont make me think in a way that goes against what i believe. I would consider myself a devout Christian that has many bumps and scars but it has made me who I am today and WE ARE ALL A PROCESS. Remember that you will never achieve perfection (in this life) andwhen you try to be perfect is when the stress comes in. Music, a nature walk,hanging out with people you really value, getting some needed tasks done that u usually procrastinate with, etc will make u feel better. Reading books has done wonders for me recently and I have realized I can be an avid reader if i have interest. Stress is usually associated with your inability to recharge. If you can find some alone and recharge then you should function properly in the world around u. Too much solitude and you become a depressed hermit so keep a balance. Go to Panera or Starbucks to do homework...balance. Pick up a bible if you are ever interested and read the book of Ephesians in a modern translation (epic identity realization)

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I get the disembodiment thing. It's weird sometimes. I don't have a huge sensitivity to noise, etc. It's more mental pain. I have a fairly high physical pain tolerance, but mental pain is almost debilitating sometimes. I remember I heard some bad news about someone I care about at work once, and I had an extremely hard time finishing my work day. Even standing was an ordeal, and I went straight to bed after I got home. I *am* sensitive to things like sounds/light when I'm very tired, however.

I tend to eat fairly regularly. I usually know when I'm full but sometimes I don't feel like eating, especially breakfast, even when I know I'm hungry.

I do believe in bettering myself, but I hate exercising so I don't as often as I should.

I feel like people at work either like me or hate me. And yes, I care way too much about people who shouldn't matter and what they think.

I'm not really sure how to answer the judging question... not entirely sure what you're asking. But it throws me off sometimes when I have to make a quick decision even though I like to have things settled, ultimately.

As for dealing with stress, I usually listen to music (acoustic-y, soft, usually), or write.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have experienced full detachment sometimes when I was a kid, but I didn't like it, it was too strong like I couldn't control my body for a few seconds. I was also very VERY easily distracted when I was a kid

INFJ can sometimes think they're INFP because they're perceiving most of the time. But then comes those times where you wanna accomplish something so bad that you become a control freak for a short time...and then you're back to perceiving right? well at least it's like that for me

I also experience compulsiveness when extraverted sensing is denied for too long, I also think a million things and it take sometime to realize I'm being compulsive...Do you realate to any of this?

Sorry, for the long wait.

I was and still can be, especially in stress, I'll want to keep observing my surroundings.

I agree, the perceiving of us intuitives can makes us super clumsy as well. I am not really too much of a control freak, I just want things to stop when I am stressed and relax, it's more of just "running away" or fight/flight mode.

When stressed, I feel like everyone is against me and I want contact from nobody because I feel too overwhelmed. I just want to absorb things (aka eat or buy useless cool looking things) and I get irritable and moody and sometimes blurt out complaints very quickly. I think too much and absorb into a single detail if that thing isn't fixed.

Looking at your MBTI now, I think it's your inferior Te that gets you to want control badly.

Again, sorry for the wait. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
disembodiment issues- this is why we have big imaginations because we take ourselves out of our reality. However, this will never lead to growth. I did drugs for 5 years straight and had a few addictions for this and i never grew an an individual mentally and spiritually. Stay sober minded, realize you have identity issues and need to hear who you really are from others that honestly care about u. You are not only a person but one that has the ability to influence many in special ways. You are sensitive but try to use your (S) in these situations and try not to judge right away. Observe the situation, seek counsel before acting out in any way. We can make stupid decisions if we let our feelings control everything.

feeling acute sensitivities - mbti teaches us that we care about what others think of us. If you have been hearing some negative news about your rep recently then u will be super paranoid. If you hear good things about your rep then you might on the other extreme and think u are Gods gift to the world, which u are but stay humble. The trick is to stay humble with yourself and how you view others. No one is perfect and neither are you so feel good that you understand the world better than most. It is frustrating but that is why you are an INFJ. Most of what you hear in your head needs to be confirmed. Remember the identity issue stems from these negative thoughts you are having. There is a reason behind most thought processes.

Mild judging- i don know about you but most INFJs judge and judge harshly. Yes we are open with others but we also have high expectations and when they are not met (most of thetime) then we judge. Our J usually domiantes the P. I would listen to your P friends if you have any and take their advice. We are open but we limit that with high expectations. Lose the expectations and watch super growth.

dealing with stress- ok this is where my religious side really comes in handy. I read my bible like a maniac now and only listen to instrumental music or Christian music with lyrics I know wont make me think in a way that goes against what i believe. I would consider myself a devout Christian that has many bumps and scars but it has made me who I am today and WE ARE ALL A PROCESS. Remember that you will never achieve perfection (in this life) andwhen you try to be perfect is when the stress comes in. Music, a nature walk,hanging out with people you really value, getting some needed tasks done that u usually procrastinate with, etc will make u feel better. Reading books has done wonders for me recently and I have realized I can be an avid reader if i have interest. Stress is usually associated with your inability to recharge. If you can find some alone and recharge then you should function properly in the world around u. Too much solitude and you become a depressed hermit so keep a balance. Go to Panera or Starbucks to do homework...balance. Pick up a bible if you are ever interested and read the book of Ephesians in a modern translation (epic identity realization)

Yes, our sensor side is so important, I agree thanks. How else could our visions be manifested?

This was especially true for me when I heard bad news, I didn't like that when I began to be open with others, they would just take me as a wishful thinker and everybody would think I have wrong motives and very insincere, it's not easy to live that life when you feel the world is out there to control you and bite you.

It's not that I "judge" people harshly, in fact we are internally perceptive people. It's that when people don't allow me to do what I believe is right, I get very frustrated with others. I feel like it's because they don't understand me and their other functions have their ways of doing things.

I know perfection isn't attainable here. I usually feel better once I get my day to day things I procrastinate finally done and away with. I do believe religion is very important to use in our lives.

I wasn't really wanting advice, but I did thank you for the things you told me. I just kind of wanted to see if others are feeling the way I am. :D

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get the disembodiment thing. It's weird sometimes. I don't have a huge sensitivity to noise, etc. It's more mental pain. I have a fairly high physical pain tolerance, but mental pain is almost debilitating sometimes. I remember I heard some bad news about someone I care about at work once, and I had an extremely hard time finishing my work day. Even standing was an ordeal, and I went straight to bed after I got home. I *am* sensitive to things like sounds/light when I'm very tired, however.

I tend to eat fairly regularly. I usually know when I'm full but sometimes I don't feel like eating, especially breakfast, even when I know I'm hungry.

I do believe in bettering myself, but I hate exercising so I don't as often as I should.

I feel like people at work either like me or hate me. And yes, I care way too much about people who shouldn't matter and what they think.

I'm not really sure how to answer the judging question... not entirely sure what you're asking. But it throws me off sometimes when I have to make a quick decision even though I like to have things settled, ultimately.

As for dealing with stress, I usually listen to music (acoustic-y, soft, usually), or write.

I am highly acute to mental and sensory pain. It's horrible when everything can just hurt you so easily.

Breakfast is sooo easy to skip.

Yeah, it's fun once you're "in the zone" though, right?

True for me except when I don't really know them at work.

I just sometimes feel that we have to be on our best at all times (kind of like a paranoia issue) and if we are on our perceiving side, people find us so chillax and we are then so used by others. I think that because when we are in the moment to start making decisions they may think we're trying to get to a motive that may not be sincere, since it sometimes may seem out of character. I don't know if I made any more sense with that.

I think that's a good way for us to let go of stress.

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread reminds me of HSP (Highly sensitive person) and inhibited temperament characteristics :p

Disembodiment issues: what I experienced is pretty scary X). I recently had a phrase of depersonnalization and derealization (not sure if this disorder is more present in intuitive types): my senses were blurred and felt unreal (I felt alienated from myself), I almost lost my sense of taste. In a normal state, I would say that I have problems with detecting hunger and I have poor sense of direction sometimes (maybe related to Se). I also cannot stand loud sounds (e.g. Concerts, nightclubs are the worst because I cannot breathe properly in crowded places, darkness and too many stimuli)

Feeling acute sensitivities: not sure about this one, probably caused by level of self-consciouness

The Mind judging you: might also due to high self-consciousness and high perfectionism

Dealing with stress: listening to music and sleeping, stress and anxiety come when I overthink

And also don't worry about your grammar, I think it's perfect ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread reminds me of HSP (Highly sensitive person) and inhibited temperament characteristics :p

Disembodiment issues: what I experienced is pretty scary X). I recently had a phrase of depersonnalization and derealization (not sure if this disorder is more present in intuitive types): my senses were blurred and felt unreal (I felt alienated from myself), I almost lost my sense of taste. In a normal state, I would say that I have problems with detecting hunger and I have poor sense of direction sometimes (maybe related to Se). I also cannot stand loud sounds (e.g. Concerts, nightclubs are the worst because I cannot breathe properly in crowded places, darkness and too many stimuli)

Feeling acute sensitivities: not sure about this one, probably caused by level of self-consciouness

The Mind judging you: might also due to high self-consciousness and high perfectionism

Dealing with stress: listening to music and sleeping, stress and anxiety come when I overthink

And also don't worry about your grammar, I think it's perfect ;)

Sorry for not getting back to you, I had no notification you posted! :O

I'm sorry, I only go to concerts where that gives the most stimuli ever haha. I feel drained very quickly, but it's appealing sometimes to give yourself a challenge to see how other types or people interact at those places.

Yeah, so far I don't find too many people who are highly reactive to touch, some people just put it as a barrier for themselves.

Probably.

That's nice to see we can relate :)

Alright haha, my writing style is great, I just can't get all the rules of grammar somehow when it comes to essays and stuff haha.