• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs being refered to as illogical

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh yeah sorry one other thing, she seems to always target me with the guilt trips even though other people do the same things I do. Why is it me especially?

I'm guessing it's because you react to the guilt trips. No one would guilt trip you if that method didn't work.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Oh yeah sorry one other thing, she seems to always target me with the guilt trips even though other people do the same things I do. Why is it me especially?

Interesting. I can think of 2 things : maybe you only think she only does that to you.
But if she really does that I can only wonder why. Maybe she has issues and found an easy target in you to vent her frustrations. Or what [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] said.

This really does sound a lot like personal experiences I've had as an INFJ with xNFPs. Fi types rarely understand me when I turn a small event into a moral life lesson applicable to the entire mankind. It's not about you, it's about the principle.
But anyway, if she didn't show up herself as you said, that is indeed very hypocritical. INFJs normally lead by example.

Besides all that, I do think your (unnecessary) guilt comes from Fi.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way you've described assessing probability sounds extremely like my own process. But to me, looking from a socionics standpoint, I suppose that would be assessed as Ti-Ni, so it makes a lot of sense. I find that I can just assume whether or not things will be fruitful, allowing me to basically blow everything off that won't realistically contribute to my knowledge or career/social endeavors.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Assessed INFJs or functional analysis INFJs?

Either way, it's just a manifestation of the minorities created within MBTI. Selecting a very narrow and distinct group is going to have the effect of most people not understanding properties, like INFJs flavor of Ni, of the group.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTJ with extremely well developed Ni here, as you can see by my socionics subtype;)

Where have you found information stating Ni as a very irrational function?
I think it absolutely depends on how you use it. For me it helps me in conversation, so I simply "achieve" higher social intelligence by use of Ni.

Ni forms a logical framework for how the world works based on abstract, thorough analysis of current and past events, and that, my friend, if used properly, can be a damn good help, and far from illogical.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTJ with extremely well developed Ni here, as you can see by my socionics subtype;)

Where have you found information stating Ni as a very irrational function?
I think it absolutely depends on how you use it. For me it helps me in conversation, so I simply "achieve" higher social intelligence by use of Ni.

Ni forms a logical framework for how the world works based on abstract, thorough analysis of current and past events, and that, my friend, if used properly, can be a damn good help, and far from illogical.

Logical frameworks from abstraction are Ne and Ti in Socionics, fyi.