• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ/ENTP relationship

CyberPhunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nearly 20 years ago, when I initially took the MBTI and found out I was an INFJ, I did quite a bit of research, and found many forum threads about INFJ/ENTP relationships, and how they were pretty much "perfect" for each other. I even went so far as to pay $2 for the relationship profile on personalitypage.com. Ever since, I've had this dream of one day finding an ENTP to spend the rest of my life with. My closest friend is an INTP, and she and I get along quite well.

So, here's the situation. I find myself inexorably drawn to a woman that I've known for almost nine years now, who divorced about two years ago. I've always been intrigued by her, as long as I've known her. Intuitively, I've always felt she was someone I could trust with who I am inside, and was proven correct after sharing my life story with her about eight months ago. After a conversation the other day about personality types, she took the MBTI and typed as an ENTP, verifying my hunch. My heart nearly stopped, skipped a few beats at the very least! Finally!

The problem is, I can't seem to find the relationship profile I downloaded so many years ago, and the store at personalitypage.com doesn't appear to be manned atm. :(

Could someone direct me to a detailed discussion about the cognitive functions of the two types, and how they work out together? I know I found some a few years ago, when I initially researched it, but can't find any real in depth discussions/explanations of how compatible and complementary the two types are. My google-fu is sorely lacking, and I don't have much time I can dedicate to this search, as my internet connection is sporadic at best right now.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a nauseating amount of threads done on this pairing on PerC. Just Google or venture over there to lurk. To be honest, as magical as the combination can be, I really think enneagram is a better tool to use for relationship compatibility. Instincts shared as well.