• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Outward signs if someone is an INFJ or INFP

Lightyear

I am sure this has been asked before but at the moment I am trying to figure out if someone I know is an INFJ or an INFP, however I am not very close to that person so can mainly only go by outward clues. Which outward signs help you to differentiate between an INFJ and an INFP?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne users have more rapidly changing points of focus. Fe users are smoother with their words. Not sure if that's "outward" enough for you, but those are some things that might be easier to observe in a person you don't know well.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My best friend is an infp. She's more outgoingly "bubbly" and I'm more reserved. This is the most surface of observation of course. I'm incredibly playful but in real life, it takes me a awhile too warm up and relax whereas my friend is more 'go with the flow'. I'm more about going with the flow with articulating myself in a relaxed manner with new people. I'm good with new people, I have to push out of my comfort zone for new experiences or new 'flexibility' in some areas of life. My friend is all about new experiences but not with new people as much. We're quite opposite despite our similarities. She'll have empathy for a cause to an insane degree to the point where I'll find it borderline unreasonable. I will analyze shit to the point where she thinks I'm insane. Lol!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, the INFJ surface tends to be more "smooth" and the INFP surface more "messy". The INFJ tends to protect and hide more while the INFP tends to put more out there. The INFJ tends to be more vulnerable after you've gotten past their walls while the INFP tends to be more vulnerable up front.