• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi users: does this sound like you?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Relate everything to your self, don't ignore external input, but don't readily accept it either? like you carefully analyze each piece of information and keep what makes sense for the situation and discard the rest? not the same as hearing what you want, it's more like at least for myself it might not be what I want to hear but it does make sense, and though I don't like it I accept it.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there any other way?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, very much.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm no NF, but I do relate to Fi. so Yes and yes.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It sounds like me, except for the careful analysis. Sometimes it's careful, sometimes it's not. Whatever seems like an offshoot or red herring gets set aside. I try to get to the core of what I'm analyzing. When I have a handle on that, I can use it as a base and fit the rest of the input around it.

I'll also keep information "on reserve" because I'm not sure of the relevance—like a temporary holding cell for fragments of ideas, but that information can get lost in a bureaucratic shuffle because my memory sucks. ;) Occasionally, that information reappears when I have a realization that incorporates it.

Cygnus

I barely take in information at all. But I'm always prepared to argue.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah...I do. Even if I didn't know I was doing it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Relate everything to your self, don't ignore external input, but don't readily accept it either? like you carefully analyze each piece of information and keep what makes sense for the situation and discard the rest? not the same as hearing what you want, it's more like at least for myself it might not be what I want to hear but it does make sense, and though I don't like it I accept it.

The bolded part sounds more Ti

yes. 100%

Same here.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't relate everything to myself, but the rest sounds pretty good. I tend to relate things to something else to grasp them more deeply though... almost a knee-jerk analogy-forming thinking. But it's not always or even mostly "myself".

G

Ginkgo

There have been phases in which I relate everything to myself. I think it can be painful if you're not comfortable being a self-referential sort of person. Your relationship with the world can become stifled and you search for meaning but to no avail because you're attempting to cull from the wrong source. I think it's possible to maintain a level of healthy self-absorption if you take ownership of your feelings and don't drag everyone else with you.

My reductionistic tendencies (dismissing what doesn't fit) seem to depend on how much I care at any given moment. If I'm apathetic or tired, I'll shut down and sort of get mired in a particular project. Other times I can be insatiable and passionate about accruing information, almost for information's sake.