• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Jimmi Carter... GAWD DAMNIT !!

Tiny

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I BELIEVE JIMMI CARTER DESERVES HIS OWN THREAD HERE

I really believe he was INFP ...LIKE BIG FUCKING TIME !

I dont understand how he can be anything else.

please explain why you think he was whatever else. he is said to be

or post a link to some text explaining it.

if I have put this thread in a place is doesnt belong , tell me and Ill delete it.

tiny.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you mean ISFx President Jimmy Carter?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obvious INFP.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Obvious INFP.

Sounds more J to me:

NYTimes said:
He [Brinkley] is excellent, however, at bringing to life the elusive personality, sweet yet angular, of Jimmy Carter himself. He quotes a perceptive assessment by David Brinkley (no relation), that ''despite his intelligence, he had a vindictive streak, a mean streak, that surfaced frequently and antagonized people.'' Much of ''The Unfinished Presidency'' is a commentary on the two sides of Carter's personality: his Christian values and his fierce, competitive egotism. This dualism pervades his private life. Carter refuses to see visitors who arrive even as little as one minute late, and made his wife miserable by criticizing her if she was late in getting ready to go out. Then, one year, he forgot to buy her a birthday present. So he sat down and wrote her a note, promising not to make a fuss when she was late. ''He kept to his word,'' she joked, ''but he does tap his foot impatiently on occasion.''

Being super concerned about scheduling sounds more J to me (although that's only one datapoint). I also don't see most INFPs as being super-competitive, over all.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds more J to me:

Being super concerned about scheduling sounds more J to me (although that's only one datapoint). I also don't see most INFPs as being super-competitive, over all.

Obvious INFJ. :D

R

RDF

Hard to imagine Carter as INFP. I remember him as wonkish and intellectual, kind of chilly and unsympathetic. He had a graduate degree in nuclear physics and served on nuclear subs in the Navy. When campaigning for the presidency he came across as ultra-religious and rigid, so he tried to soften his image by doing an interview with Playboy magazine and admitting that he too had sinned: "I have lusted after other women in my heart."

He considered himself smarter than other people and tended to push aside the experts and micro-manage things himself. The end result was that he screwed up many things during his presidency, from the economy (stagflation) to the Iran hostage crisis (a failed rescue attempt). His presidency was largely viewed as a failure, and he left office with dismal public opinion ratings after losing his re-election attempt to Ronald Reagan.

Even as an ex-President, across the years he has periodically criticized his successors and meddled in their affairs with his commentary on how he would have done things differently. He doesn't seem like a very nice guy overall--kind of full of himself.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait a minute. So we're talking about Jimmy Carter? I thought this was about Jimmi Carter (see OP and thread title). Therefore I would like to change my type call to ISFJ.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hard to imagine Carter as INFP. I remember him as wonkish and intellectual, kind of chilly and unsympathetic. He had a graduate degree in nuclear physics and served on nuclear subs in the Navy. When campaigning for the presidency he came across as ultra-religious and rigid, so he tried to soften his image by doing an interview with Playboy magazine and admitting that he too had sinned: "I have lusted after other women in my heart."

He considered himself smarter than other people
and tended to push aside the experts and micro-manage things himself. The end result was that he screwed up many things during his presidency, from the economy (stagflation) to the Iran hostage crisis (a failed rescue attempt). His presidency was largely viewed as a failure, and he left office with dismal public opinion ratings after losing his re-election attempt to Ronald Reagan.

Even as an ex-President, across the years he has periodically criticized his successors and meddled in their affairs with his commentary on how he would have done things differently. He doesn't seem like a very nice guy overall--kind of full of himself.

This actually makes a better case for him being INFP than any nicey-nice crap. Some of this could be inferior Te, but INFPs are usually still somewhat collaborative, even in Te meltdowns (in fact, collaboration can prompt Ne for us, get us out of that state, ease up on the perfectionism that can make us temporary control freaks).

He is always made out to sound like an e9, which is probably why people assume INFP (9w1s get mistyped as IxFP a lot).
e9 is still possible, if his micro-managing was passive-aggressive. Still seems a Fi type - seeing desires not acted on as sin.

ISTJ e9w1?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
A lot of Fundamentalist and Evangelical Christians consider lust a sin, even if it is not acted upon outside the mind. My husband does and he is an INTP. So it might not be type related.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Maybe not, if that's the only statement from him which implies judgment turned inward. If the rest implies outward judgment (as it seems to), then maybe ISFJ is the clear winner of his type. The micro-managing just sounds more Te-ish still.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently saw him on Bill Mahar's show and I ADORE this man. He exudes warmth and this quiet humble confidence. It's funny, I told my husband the other day that I aspire to be someone just like him. He is a huge inspiration for me. I want to just hug him.