• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs in fictional works

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still think Elizabeth in an NFP. *head shake*

As to Carrie Bradshaw, that woman is an ESFP. Fi all the way. I find little to nothing to relate to in her. I relate way more to Charlotte who's an ESFJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still think Elizabeth in an NFP. *head shake*

As to Carrie Bradshaw, that woman is an ESFP. Fi all the way. I find little to nothing to relate to in her. I relate way more to Charlotte who's an ESFJ.

Yeah, I'd agree there's no way Carrie is an ENFJ. I agree Charlotte's an SFJ, although I think she's close on the I/E border..maybe a bit more I? Eh..doesn't matter a whole lot though. :)

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, I'd agree there's no way Carrie is an ENFJ. I agree Charlotte's an SFJ, although I think she's close on the I/E border..maybe a bit more I? Eh..doesn't matter a whole lot though. :)

I guess I just thought her and Big were ENFJ-ISTP, and I've seen her typed as ENFJ before on other threads. ESFP seems to fit better though now that you mention it. What about ENFP?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Big was ISTJ, imo.

Heathcliff and Catherine were ISTP-ENFJ.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did anybody see There Will Be Blood?

Daniel Plainview is a great character study in scary sociopathic ENFJ.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Hmm...an ambitious, misanthropic oil barren who enjoys schadenfreude. Why didn't I see it before? He must be ENFJ. :rolli:

Heh actually I'd probably put him as an xNTJ. Not sure if he's E or I though.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm...an ambitious, misanthropic oil barren who enjoys schadenfreude. Why didn't I see it before? He must be ENFJ. :rolli:

There's a big misconception that Fs have to be nice people.

Might I remind you that Hitler was likely ENFJ...look at Plainview's charisma with the people. NFJs can be just like NTJs in their brutal ambition and total belief that the ends justify the means. Fe isn't nice (or mean, or anything) on the inside; its entire conception of morality exists only as a function of interaction with others.

Plainview is waaaay too smooth with people and always knows exactly the right thing to say to placate them so he can get what he wants. I've seen ENTJs learn this via inferior Fi, but Daniel Day-Lewis's character here does it way too naturally to be T.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
what about crossing jordan? ive only seen 1.5 episodes but the main character seems kinda enfj. im not sure if that's her type but that's the only one that has jumped out at me.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

I love the movie, but come on!
There are so many evil :devil: ENFJs in the fiction that you don't need to put the label on everyone! It spoils the fun. ;)

Thanks for the eye-roll. :D I loved the character, though.

I'd probably go with INTJ, because of his amazing determination, planning, vision etc. He's an Introvert all the way - take for instance the whole monologue about how he hates people, or check his house in the final scene: a behemoth that is made to guard him from any encounter with people.
Even his speech he used to convince people was copied every time and said with no true emotions.

heart

heart on fire
Roger Montgeoffry, aka the Earl Devane in Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen

A truly unforgettable, complex character.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dunno if it's been said but Quinn in the Reign of Fire might be an ENFJ.
Obvious one: Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oliver Queen, Smallville's version. Perhaps Smallville's Lois Lane as well. Anthony Dinozzo is ENFx. Derek Morgan. Sam Winchester is xNFJ.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a big misconception that Fs have to be nice people.

Might I remind you that Hitler was likely ENFJ...look at Plainview's charisma with the people. NFJs can be just like NTJs in their brutal ambition and total belief that the ends justify the means. Fe isn't nice (or mean, or anything) on the inside; its entire conception of morality exists only as a function of interaction with others.

Plainview is waaaay too smooth with people and always knows exactly the right thing to say to placate them so he can get what he wants. I've seen ENTJs learn this via inferior Fi, but Daniel Day-Lewis's character here does it way too naturally to be T.

Weird, I see your point re. 'smooth with people', although I don't think that's beyond an ambitious ENTJ either...I pegged him as ENTJ. I wouldn't have pegged him as ENFJ. Would have put the crazed preacher/cult leader as NFJ before Daniel...I viewed the two as similar - both quite ambitious - but ambitious in different ways. Preacher-guy wrapped around more of the human-spirit and emotional levels, and trying to dominate/manipulate people emotionally, Daniel more enterprising in a technical/non-people/purely entrepreneurial, wealth and industry-controlling way.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Has anybody thought about Shakespeare's Othello?

He has a strong ego built off his accomplishments and triumph over adversity, He's comfortable and eloquent as a public figure. (Obviously an E-type) He's showy, idealistic, intelligent and passionate. He is generally calm and collected, but is capable of hellish wrath under unfortunate manipulation and circumstances. He values his friends and trusts them a little bit too much. His love for Desdemona is too strong and passionate for him to be anything other than NF- his military upbringing and structured approach to solving problems and diffusing situations suggests he's a J.

I suppose it could be argued that he's an ESFJ- but I find his heightened self-awareness and his situational intelligence to point strongly towards him being an N-type.

Also consider- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter? Morpheus in the Matrix? As a general rule, I think the stereotype role for the ENFJ is the benevolent mentor figure. As someone described earlier, "I'm in control, but I still care."

sunshinEnfp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Also consider- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter? Morpheus in the Matrix? As a general rule, I think the stereotype role for the ENFJ is the benevolent mentor figure. As someone described earlier, "I'm in control, but I still care."

Very interesting... I definitely could see those two characters as ENFJs...

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!

My favorite ficitonal ENFJ is Jesus Christ from The Holy Bible. Its a decent read, but has a bit too much sex and violence for some tastes.