• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs in fictional works

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i tend to recognize Fe as those people you know who truely ARE your friends and TRUELY do like you... yet when they ask how are you/whats up, they only mean it as a social nicety.

ex:

ENFJ: hey how are you! hows summer been treating you in ________

ENFP: well, _________________________bla bla bla yadda ayaddda yadda, and then so becuase of that yadda yadda yaadda, bla bla bla and so i was trying to do bal abla bla yafda yada blll bal bal abla yada yad a ybla bvlaalkjh;fojhds;ljdaejf';ajdf'kjdsj'ajfd;lksjfjelsakjfd;lksajf;lskdjf;lsakdjf;lksadjf;lksajf;lksjf;lkdsjf;
lksjf;lskjf;lkdsfj;lkdsfj;lkdsfj;lksdjf;skdjf;lskajf;lskdjf;lksfdj;lksjf;lskjf;lksj;slkdjf

ENFJ: [paraphrased response: i only ment in a polite way...i dont actaully want to hear your crazy story which makes me feel uncomfortable! i was expecting just a "fine, hows your summer" back!]

i also tend to recognize that ENFJs and ENFPs have similar strenghts, yet they go about accomplishing it in different ways. so there ARE differences if you look hard enough, especially if theres also a 'true' ENFP in the same story/room

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Meg in Little Women

Caddie of Caddie Woodlawn

Lucy in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Pollyanna (read the book, not the movie)

Nancy in Oliver Twist (Maybe ESFJ, which is where I'd stick Barney--and Doc from Holes)

sorry to have so many children's titles...a friend and i were working on a school project...But I checked a couple of other places i usually look for ideas and they barely had any ENFJs, either (beyond JR "Bob" Dobbs...)

Another friend added Frasier, Leather Boy from Captain Marvel, and Darth Vader (whom I don't think you can type but that's another post)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meg in Little Women

Caddie of Caddie Woodlawn

Lucy in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Pollyanna (read the book, not the movie)

Nancy in Oliver Twist (Maybe ESFJ, which is where I'd stick Barney--and Doc from Holes)

sorry to have so many children's titles...a friend and i were working on a school project...But I checked a couple of other places i usually look for ideas and they barely had any ENFJs, either (beyond JR "Bob" Dobbs...)

Another friend added Frasier, Leather Boy from Captain Marvel, and Darth Vader (whom I don't think you can type but that's another post)
What about these, PP?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
At first thought I couldn't think of any ENFJs in the media... then I thought of one campaigner with a less than respectful attitude to those who get in the way...

Max - Dark Angel.
The whole attitude and the tendancy to pick up "stray dogs" seems classic ENFJ to me.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, but take INTPs: the absent-minded professor. It's a pretty easy stereotype.

Is there a comparable one for ENFJs?

INTPs point at Einstein, what do ENFJs point to?

All I ever get is Catherine. Seriously. Ok, we're the high-strung bloody-minded lunatic tangled with our shadow? Well. That sounds about right. :p

Why do you say that?

Oprah has all the hallmarks of being an ESTJ and a very good example of her kind too. Jaye and I talked about it and we strongly believe that she's Te-Si primary. Literal, tenacious, duty-bound, journalistic, proper, and thick-skinned.

was frasier mentioned as an enfj yet?

I think he may be an I, but I can agree he's possibly NFJ. I had thought NTJ, but Sis said, "No way is he Fi...." and she made a good point.

What about these, PP?

No clue. I couldn't say. I know some of the examples only peripherally (like Caddie Woodlawn?! Holy smokes... hadn't heard THAT name is ages....)

Alright. Another not great example, but I've made repeated jokes about it.

Zorg from "The Fifth Element". Hitler-esque, driven, emotional, etc etc. Gary Oldman seems INFJ to me, and I think he played Zorg as an extroverted form of himself.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it's too much of a temptation for writers to push the ENFJ-as-dictator button, because hey, ENFJ's can make quite a crazy scene. You know who crossed my mind as a possible example? Anne of Green Gables. Unless you think she's more of an S than an N.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City.
Peter Keating in Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Carrie Bradshaw is an ESFP. There are no Intuitives on that show.

The closest I come to anyone is Charlotte and she's ESFJ.

See? ENFJs are impossible to find. We just don't seem to rate unless we're trying to destroy someone.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Suggested to me off-forum: Don Quixote?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can definitely see Don Quixote as an ENFJ. I'm thinking for universal ENFJ characteristics you'd have a character who is very passionate about his or her ideals, happy to tell everyone about it, and happy to tell off anyone who violated those ideals.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
ENFJ.. hmmmm...

I'm willing to say that Hermione Granger is an ENFJ.

Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice? She seemed awfully judgmental and emotional.

Aslan from The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe is also an likely ENFJ.
To come to think of it, put Mufasa as ENFJ too!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Captain Archer in Star Trek: Enterprise is blatantly an ENFJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, if the Q says so... I can't argue. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To my mind, Elizabeth Bennett is a very decisive NFP. I could be wrong. Darcy being an INTJ and all... the exchanges they have reminds me of my twin sister wrangling with an NTJ...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can definitely see Don Quixote as an ENFJ. I'm thinking for universal ENFJ characteristics you'd have a character who is very passionate about his or her ideals, happy to tell everyone about it, and happy to tell off anyone who violated those ideals.

Hmmm. Possibly! He's not a messianic I?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
And i also reckon Black Michael in the Prisoner of Zenda might be a strong candidate...

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Pink, my dear, I'm not trying to start anything but there's a lot of variety in what an ENFJ can look like (obviously because we're all special people, we're all unique ;)). I get the feeling that you're a very emotionally expressive ENFJ and that if another ENFJ is a bit calmer then you may not readily identify them as ENFJ. What would signal to you that you've encountered another ENFJ? I agree that when you take a function like Fe, which tends to be highly reflective of it's environment it's hard to find a unifying thread within yourself and identify with it. I have suspicions about a couple of people at my job being ENFJ but I really cannot tell. They don't seem to be ESFJs and I feel like we're similar but it's hard to tell. I also know that I'm borderline S/N (likely EnFJ); I float on either side of the fence so my idea of who's an ENFJ/not may not be as accepted.

I ran away screaming from all my literature classes (more writing and rhetoric focused) so I'm not familiar with classical fictional representations ENFJs. But let's not discount them so quickly or without input from the other rare bird ENFJs on the forum. :)