• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs in fictional works

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let the wild, incorrect speculation begin.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmmm... Keller from The Idiot may be one.

His outrageous, scandalous assertions in the article he wrote seemed to be a glaring example of Ni perceptions channeled into Fe's conviction of injustice aided by inferior Ti, so detailed and evinced.. almost like detective work (but passionately involved).

I'm not all that familiar with the ENFJ, so forgive me. I merely am trying to decide which--if any--characters would be ENFJ in this book.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone knows Catherine from "Wuthering Heights" too.

*shrugs mightily* I got nothin'.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, I'm sorry. I'm not helpful. While I can pick half a dozen INFP, INFJ, INTJ, ISTJ, etc examples out of the air, not a one for ENFJ. We're hen's teeth.

The last chick that bit me, I needed 97 stitches.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, I'm sorry. I'm not helpful. While I can pick half a dozen INFP, INFJ, INTJ, ISTJ, etc examples out of the air, not a one for ENFJ. We're hen's teeth.
Alright, if you were an author and had to describe an ENFJ in a few short sentences to let us know we were seeing one, what would you include?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Wouldn't even know how to go about picking a male ENFJ, but I think female ENFJs tend to have "match-maker" written all over them. ESFJs do too, I guess. So that chick in Pride and Prejudice (I forget her name) or any of her "remake" contemporary analogues (eg Alicia Silverstone in Clueless) are pretty good candidates. For starters.

They tend to be caring, charismatic people-pleasers. Seem to chide themselves (from what I've seen) for being neither impulsive nor deliberative enough. Often the unacknowledged nexus of friendship webs. Hmm, badly mixed metaphor there. Speaking of which

*thirsty*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, if you were an author and had to describe an ENFJ in a few short sentences to let us know we were seeing one, what would you include?

- Has chicken teeth.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I have seen very few fictional representations of ENFJs that I can readily identify as ENFJs. Reasons?

1. Some characters people identify as ENFP are really ENFJ...sometimes Ne+Fi looks like Fe and I think that people assume someone being silly and random is ENFP. Some ENFJs come across as their mirror INFP or even ENTJ.

2. An ENFJ in negative Fe mode, i.e. actively disconnecting from other people comes across as T. Since Fe is a primarily social function, why wouldn't an ENFJ know how to turn it on and off? It happens more often than you think. If an ENFJ is like this you'd have to scrutinize their behavior and see if they're oblivious to how they're pissing people off or if it seems like it's being done on purpose.

3. Even though they think they do, people don't know what the fuck Fe looks like in real life unless it's very stereotypical bossy/overbearing Fe or nurturer/caretaker Fe.

When I say the ENFJs are blendable, I really mean they are. I've wondered why I can't identify ENFJs on TV, books, and movies. Evidently I can't find my own type. :(

There are two characters I think are ENFJ.

Evelyn from The Shape of Things. I find her character to be very dynamic and compelling. I'll have to think about why.

Madeline White from Inside Man. I really liked Madeline's character because she's so smooth and glided in and out of situations so easily and knowing how to exert just the right amount of pressure, when to turn it up and down and where to place it. She's a power broker, she knows people to put people in touch with other people. Hopefully this is not wishful thinking on my part, but I can relate.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have nothing but what I've written into fictional form. It's difficult to see an ENFJ unless they're doing what comes naturally - interacting with people. We tend to show ourselves when we're striking fire off others.

I could post something to my blog so this thread won't get cluttered?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have nothing but what I've written into fictional form. It's difficult to see an ENFJ unless they're doing what comes naturally - interacting with people. We tend to show ourselves when we're striking fire off others.

I could post something to my blog so this thread won't get cluttered?
Yeah, but take INTPs: the absent-minded professor. It's a pretty easy stereotype.

Is there a comparable one for ENFJs?

INTPs point at Einstein, what do ENFJs point to?