• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs in fictional works

G

Glycerine

hahaha, because of all that, I tend to exaggerate my communication in written form.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahaha, because of all that, I tend to exaggerate my communication in written form.

It's annoying!

Fuck! I did it again! Three, no, four times!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks.

Any reason ENFJ instead of INFJ?

It seems to me she is Fe-dom. She hates being excluded from socializing with people when her affair leaves her isolated. There's one part which describes her bantering at a dinner party with a group of people, enjoying the spotlight. Her character really comes alive around people. When she's left alone, she does the whole ENFJ brooding thing that they do.

Why does "Thanks." read so sarcastically?

Well, I didn't take it that way until you suggested it.... :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I liked about Anna K. the most was that Tolstoy created her as a character to condemn morally, but then liked her too much.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I liked about Anna K. the most was that Tolstoy created her as a character to condemn morally, but then liked her too much.

Which makes her instantly more interesting and real - she's complex and you can sympathize with her because she isn't just some one-dimensional villain. This is because Tolstoy wants you to hate what happens, how society forces her hand in a way (particularly Russian society at the time & its double standards), not her as a person.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which makes her instantly more interesting and real - she's complex and you can sympathize with her because she isn't just some one-dimensional villain. This is because Tolstoy wants you to hate what happens, how society forces her hand in a way (particularly Russian society at the time & its double standards), not her as a person.

That's what makes him such a brilliant writer. I wonder what type he is...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems to me she is Fe-dom. She hates being excluded from socializing with people when her affair leaves her isolated. There's one part which describes her bantering at a dinner party with a group of people, enjoying the spotlight. Her character really comes alive around people. When she's left alone, she does the whole ENFJ brooding thing that they do.

I totally agree w/ you re. Anna being ENFJ.

.......... I, however, agree with the masses that Tolstoy was ENFP. :smile:

LilyLOL

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ok, mostly I am a sci fi addict, but will confess to the rare romance / historical novel.

I think Jondalar from the Earths Children series is an ENFJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJs are pretty rare in fictional works. I'd say Qui-Gon Jinn is one, and probably the Eighth Doctor (and depending on your view of the Bible, Moses could qualify).

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Stephen Montgomery, in his book The Pygmalion Project: Love and Coercion Among the Types-Volume 3-The Idealist, examines two characters he considers to represent "The Teacher(ENFJ)":

"Angel Clare" from Tess of the d'Urbervilles (by Thomas Hardy)
and
"Margaret Schlegel" from Howards End (by E.M.Forster).

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Samuel from Heroes (an ENFJ gone bad).

SamuelSullivan.jpg