• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs in fictional works

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
My favorite ficitonal ENFJ is Jesus Christ from The Holy Bible. Its a decent read, but has a bit too much sex and violence for some tastes.

Ive always seen Christ typed as an INFJ.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did anybody see There Will Be Blood?

Daniel Plainview is a great character study in scary sociopathic ENFJ.

That guy was not an ENFJ... why would you even think that? He couldn't stand to be around people... and when he was annoyed at the social commotions, his first response was to leave. All ENFJs thrive on dealing with other people, the only difference is that sociopath ENFJ are incapable of feeling empathy for those people.

IxTJ would be my guess.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Is there a quintessential ENFJ male character?

I guess Catherine from Wuthering Heights would be the best female example.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but prince Genji from The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu is the quintessential (male) ENFJ.

As for female ones, I see Mrs. Coulter in His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman as one.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bumping the thread back ;)

Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop
Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction
Joe Hackett - Wings
Agent Helen Brody - Unthinkable

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bumping the thread back ;)

Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop
Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction
Joe Hackett - Wings
Agent Helen Brody - Unthinkable

Why them?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Lorelai Gilmore

images

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why them?

-Joe Hackett -Wings: highly responsible & organized, goal oriented, care taker, intuitive, idealistic, warm, forgiving, all about rules, sees good in others, can be out spoken at times, can be bossy.

-Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop: Im going to take that back, I don’t know why people say that she is an ENFJ, she seems way to mean and selfish. What do you guys think?

-Agent Helen Brody - Unthinkable (crazy movie!!): Stands her ground for what she believes in, responsible, leader, a feeler, caring, thinks she knows everything, lets her morals get in the way of reality, goes to far lengths to protect people (but the wrong people), has a way with words, persuasive.

-Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction: Who is the ENFj? | ENFj

KDude

Is there a quintessential ENFJ male character?

I guess Catherine from Wuthering Heights would be the best female example.

For what it's worth, in socionics, the ENFj is called the Hamlet.

A lot would say INFJ though. But if E, that's about as well known as it gets. Not sure about quintessential, since he was intentionally acting like a lunatic half of the time.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
-Joe Hackett -Wings: highly responsible & organized, goal oriented, care taker, intuitive, idealistic, warm, forgiving, all about rules, sees good in others, can be out spoken at times, can be bossy.

-Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop: Im going to take that back, I don’t know why people say that she is an ENFJ, she seems way to mean and selfish. What do you guys think?

-Agent Helen Brody - Unthinkable (crazy movie!!): Stands her ground for what she believes in, responsible, leader, a feeler, caring, thinks she knows everything, lets her morals get in the way of reality, goes to far lengths to protect people (but the wrong people), has a way with words, persuasive.

-Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction: Who is the ENFj? | ENFj

I always thought of Joe Hackett as some kind of STJ. Definite J though. I'm not familiar with the other characters.

KDude

Faye Valentine seemed ESTP to me. Like a stereotypical grifter/conman (conwoman) type.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't see Hamlet as an ENFJ at all (too introverted). I don't see Carrie Bradshaw either; I agree with the poster who said that none of the women on that show are intuitive. Miranda possibly, but she's on the fence.

What about Rachel Weisz's character in The Fountain? Or Summer from 500 Days of Summer? Someone mentioned Natalie Portman's character in Garden State, who I distinctly remember as not liking, but I definitely *do* relate to the Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing, minus the need to be all unique/individual. (We're special enough already! :p )

Or Ellie in Up? I know she's not really in the film for very long, but we do get a good dose of her personality.

KDude

I would just say Hamlet is too complicated to tell if he's I or E. Plus, like I said, half of the play he's feigning insanity. Scenes like this he's definitely extroverted though, and not feigning insanity (he liked the players/Heston's group.. he only screwed with people he thought were up to something)..

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkhuL1lsWKc&feature=related].[/youtube]

In most soliquoys, he's brooding and pissed off, and solitary, but he is never contemplating himself. It's Denmark, the world, his friends, family... almost everyone but him. Even when he contemplates death, he's holding some other dude's skull in his hands. There's some kind of Fe going on there. I guess it could still be INFJ though.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmm. True enough. I guess it would also depend on how the actor played Hamlet as well, as there could be several different interpretations. Ethan Hawkes' Hamlet seemed particularly I to me.

KDude

I've only seen bits and parts of that one.. I probably should make a note of watching it :)

The Branaugh version is one of the few unabridged ones.. He did play him a bit energetic compared to others though.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a new one: Ned Flanders from the Simpsons

Tradewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
This seems a lot tougher than I thought.

How about Uncle Iroh from Avatar: Last Airbender?

I'm not totally convinced but he does seem like a 'teacher'. I've also seen him typed as an E/ISFJ though.

LilyLOL

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!

Oprah is one. Ross-for-Boss Perot. John Cusack. Ben Stiller. Obama. Matthew McConaughey. Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

These people are ENFJs in real life. Some of em play themselves and are "personalities", and some are actors or comedians or are known for their ability to bring out the best in others (Ross is a great example of this). I personally think that the ENFJ comes through in all of the ones I listed, because they are confident, and caring, and eclectic in their tastes and views, and most of all because they seem to be capable of relating to many, many different sorts of people.

Cheers!

LilyLOL

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!

Ok... I thought of one. Let me know what you think!

Ender from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. In my opinion he fits everything, from the empathy, the desire to maneuver individuals into better functioning social groups, his ability and desire to bring out the best in others, his quiet leadership abilities, the methods he uses to diffuse conflict whenever he could, and finally... his ability to crush an opponent when all else failed.

Ender Wiggins. Yup.