• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs in fictional works

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Viola from Twelfth Night!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Carrie Bradshaw is an ESFP. There are no Intuitives on that show.

The closest I come to anyone is Charlotte and she's ESFJ.

See? ENFJs are impossible to find. We just don't seem to rate unless we're trying to destroy someone.
Miranda is an INTJ and Carrie could be an ENFJ. I have an ENFJ friend who is so much like Carrie however I've often thought that my friend could be mistyped and really is an ESFJ. ;P Charlotte is an ESFJ and Samantha is an ESTP.

When I was younger I would have probably been typed an ESFP. I was out at clubs every night drinking and dancing (in that order) but now I am anti social and hate being around most people. I can still be social but it sucks me dry and in some cases it takes days to recover.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
???

Julia Robert's character in The Mexican.

And since I love Rachel Weisz I'm going to throw out her character in The Constant Gardener.
Tessa has the kind of personality that could make even Gregor Mendel forget about his plants. It is perhaps the most fully realized performance of her career. Tessa — a woman who burns about injustice and believes that the world could be changed if people cared enough -has no difficulty speaking truth to power and sticking her nose in places, in this case the shenanigans of certain international companies, the establishment wishes she wouldn't.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Charlotte from "Charlotte's Web" is an ENFJ. Also just about every character Morgan Freeman has played is an ENFJ. You know that character, the principal/president/God character that says, "I'm in charge, but I still care."

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm trying to think of some ENFJ dudes besides Senor Windmill. It's hard.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
President Laura Roslin from the new Battlestar Galactica series is also an ENFJ.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S. Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction

heart

heart on fire
Originally Posted by PinkPiranha
Carrie Bradshaw is an ESFP. There are no Intuitives on that show.

Totally agree.

Originally Posted by proteanmix
And since I love Rachel Weisz I'm going to throw out her character in The Constant Gardener.

Yes, absolutely!

rachel weisz and ralph fiennes are a good example of an enfj and intp in fiction. too bad they both had to die

I have seen Fiennes typed as F. I agree with it.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Charlotte from "Charlotte's Web" is an ENFJ. Also just about every character Morgan Freeman has played is an ENFJ. You know that character, the principal/president/God character that says, "I'm in charge, but I still care."

Are we talking the book or the movie? If Charlotte preferred E, she would have talked through possibilities more with Wilbur rather than thinking about how to save him and creating the web overnight without any brainstorming (Yeah, I know N is Introverted for ENFJs but still...) I've always cast her, from the book, as INTJ.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are we talking the book or the movie? If Charlotte preferred E, she would have talked through possibilities more with Wilbur rather than thinking about how to save him and creating the web overnight without any brainstorming (Yeah, I know N is Introverted for ENFJs but still...) I've always cast her, from the book, as INTJ.

Not sure about Charlotte being an ENFJ but if she were she wouldn't ness brainstorm with Wilbur. Why does everyone have this assumption that ENFJ's have to seek everyones approval before they embark on a course. I have to say I personally think things out in my head and do what I'm going to do..and in the few instances where I say..."I've planned to do this or that", and someone offers an opinion about why I shouldn't...that someone has to present a darn good reason that I haven't managed to come up with about why I should or shouldn't do what I've already planned or I go with my thoughts...the only time I'm down with brainstorming (and I'm NOT against it) is when it has to do with alot of people (work..my classroom...some family event, relationship issues/decisions) When it has to do with figuring out how to help myself or some (singular) person in need who's asked for my assistance (ie Wilbur) there is generally the brainstorming session that involves me, myself and I. "We three" make a plan...and voila...it is done!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I haven't read the book, but in both the old cartoon movie and the recent one she's an ENFJ. NJ's usually don't consult other people when making plans unless its a ploy to rally support or something. All NJ's generally make the plan and then execute it with as little consultation as possible. The consensus building interaction style is often refered to as "Behind-The-Scenes" and it belongs to these types: INFP, INTP, ISFP, ISFJ. ENFJ's have the "In-Charge" interaction style. That means they try to accomplish their goal as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Not sure about Charlotte being an ENFJ but if she were she wouldn't ness brainstorm with Wilbur. Why does everyone have this assumption that ENFJ's have to seek everyones approval before they embark on a course. I have to say I personally think things out in my head and do what I'm going to do..and in the few instances where I say..."I've planned to do this or that", and someone offers an opinion about why I shouldn't...that someone has to present a darn good reason that I haven't managed to come up with about why I should or shouldn't do what I've already planned or I go with my thoughts...the only time I'm down with brainstorming (and I'm NOT against it) is when it has to do with alot of people (work..my classroom...some family event, relationship issues/decisions) When it has to do with figuring out how to help myself or some (singular) person in need who's asked for my assistance (ie Wilbur) there is generally the brainstorming session that involves me, myself and I. "We three" make a plan...and voila...it is done!

I didn't mean to infer that ENFJs converse to seek approval. Nor do they always need consensus--in fact, doggedness at carrying through their plans to conclusion is a hallmark (similar to INFJs like me--we call it the "Rottweiler effect...")

But...my ENFJ close colleagues tell me that they often get their ideas in their alone time but then delight in sharing them. I never even thought of Charlotte as an F, much more INTJ with a problem to solve. For one thing, she doesn't seek extended conversations with Wilbur; I do find that conversations with ENFJs involve the relationship building that while enjoyable is more time-consuming than Charlotte's, well, brusqueness. T's offer help to people in need, too, and are especially good at creativity when the heat is on.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I didn't mean to infer that ENFJs converse to seek approval. Nor do they always need consensus--in fact, doggedness at carrying through their plans to conclusion is a hallmark (similar to INFJs like me--we call it the "Rottweiler effect...")

But...my ENFJ close colleagues tell me that they often get their ideas in their alone time but then delight in sharing them. I never even thought of Charlotte as an F, much more INTJ with a problem to solve. For one thing, she doesn't seek extended conversations with Wilbur; I do find that conversations with ENFJs involve the relationship building that while enjoyable is more time-consuming than Charlotte's, well, brusqueness. T's offer help to people in need, too, and are especially good at creativity when the heat is on.

Hmmm Charlotte took an interest in Wilbur...definately the interest was there more after she found he needed help..but before that she was def E in her dealings with him...if he'd left her alone she would have been fine but when he showed an interest she let him know only so much (privacy)...hmmm now that I'm really thinking about it..Charlotte really does seem ENFJ to me ha!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
im not sure of the validity of the claim...but someone i know suggested that the character "Karen" from "the office" is an ENFJ possibly

YouTube - The Office: Jim and Karen

she interacts with Jim IXFP pretty well... ive also heard Pam typed as INFJ? (i did not do the typing!)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Lucinda from Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey seems like an ENFJ to me. Anyone else read it? Oscar is a definite INFP.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
im not sure of the validity of the claim...but someone i know suggested that the character "Karen" from "the office" is an ENFJ possibly

YouTube - The Office: Jim and Karen

she interacts with Jim IXFP pretty well... ive also heard Pam typed as INFJ? (i did not do the typing!)

Pam ISFJ
Jim ENTP
Karen XNFJ

Don't ask me why. I have stupid Ni that can't tell me why people give me the impressions they do:cheese:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
At first I though Tobias Funke from Arrested Development was an ENFP, but sometimes he feels like an ENFJ, though an oblivious one.