• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFP with ENFJ/ESFJ?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Well.. it would depend on how compatible you and the other individual are. (Compatible in terms other than how you perceive and judge your environment). Is there chemistry? Mutual respect? Common interests?

(I have had successful relationships/friendships with both ENFJ & ESFJ)

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
I meant more in general than anything, although I know a male ENFJ and a male ESFJ. The ENFJ is fine; we get along well. Good to talk to. I greatly admire the ESFJ (I hate to use the word "idolize", but something similar), but his "let me take care of you" attitude and stubbornness give me the urge to throttle him. My mother might be ESFJ, and while we get along well, she can sometimes drive me nuts. Hence me wondering why on earth ESFJs are supposed to be a good match. I was curious about the ENFJ thing, too, though.

file cabinet

I like the following post by rubysera on INFP Global Chatter...

[...] I think maybe the ESFJ is attractive to the INFP because of the ESFJ's warm extraverted feeling that takes a warm interest in the INFP. This feels so friendly and good to the INFP that the INFP thinks this is going to be a great relationship. But as time goes on, the initial warmth of the ESFJ wears off and the ESFJ expects the INFP to at least be conventional when in public or when hosting. Also, the INFP is disappointed when the initial warmth wears off and the relationship does not grow deeper as the INFP had fully expected. Thus, the ESFJ expects the INFP to convert to conventional social norms while the INFP expects the initial warmth of the ESFJ to grow into a really deep and intimate relationship. Both parties eventually feel short-changed and things go from bad to worse and ever more worse. Ideally, it doesn't have to be this way but I think maybe that is what often happens.

Source:
infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - ESFJ and INFP: Can it work?

and you can read the start of the thread here.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah, ESFJs are like a car stuck in its track at an amusement park. I can handle a conversation but forget hanging out.