• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Being watched

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Any other NFs here who strongly dislike being watched ?

This is an issue I've been having since I was 16 or so (34 now). Whenever I catch someone gazing at me it makes me more uncomfortable than it probably should. I've read here and there of people a bit like me who'd wish to be invisible at times. When there's many people I also get a strong nagging sense of being watched, even when I'm not. I saw a psychiatrist years ago and he said I have a primal fear of being judged by others. Probably a very common fear also, but one that is very annoying to me and one I'll probably never fully get rid of. Compared to most people I think I'm ridiculously self-conscious/self-aware. I often wish I wasn't.

So...could this be an NF thing, or an INFx thing ?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. If I'm doing something, I'm usually pretty aware that my Pe-Dom way is not whatever other people might deem "the right way". So, effin back off and if the end product sucks then you can say something about how I did it. Lol.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Can't. Stand. It.

Almost as bad as when people read over my shoulder.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find staring uncomfortable, but I can usually ease away from it with jokes. If I'm performing, I don't see anyone at all.
If I'm doing something intricate/complicated, it distracts the hell out of me.. not by fear of judgement, just their very presence feels.. suffocating.
I'll grin & tell the person to stop hovering.. no. really. Go.

Works every time.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I find staring uncomfortable, but I can usually ease away from it with jokes. If I'm performing, I don't see anyone at all.
If I'm doing something important, it distracts the hell out of me.. not by fear of judgement, just their very presence feels suffocating.

Works every time.
Hovering is different from being watched, though, right? I cannot stand it when someone invades my personal space, but I could care less about being watched. I think I like it actually.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hovering is different from being watched, though, right? I cannot stand it when someone invades my personal space, but I could care less about being watched. I think I like it actually.

Watching feels like hovering, to me. They may not even be that close.. they could be across the room. I'd still feel as though they were encroaching on my personal mental space if my concentration is on something else that needs to be done. If they're in the same room but doing their own thing, not watching me- their presence is totally fine, of course.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

People are always looking at me, too. Makes it even worse.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7

are you an NF ?

I hate hovering too.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
If I'm doing something intricate/complicated, it distracts the hell out of me.. not by fear of judgement, just their very presence feels.. suffocating.

Works every time.

What do you perform ? comedy ?

btw I thought my intuition was through the roof (85%) until I saw yours (95%) :D

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't stand it either. It's creepy and wierd and invasive.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I accidentally stare at people which is weird cuz I get uncomfortable if I'm doing something.all though this little boy stared at me with a blank.expression so I just stared back with a blank expression

R

Riva

Works every time.

*Hypnotizes Lex into believing she is being watched all the time.*

*Hypnotizes Lex into believing she is being watched all the time by someone other than Jack.*

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you perform ? comedy ?

btw I thought my intuition was through the roof (85%) until I saw yours (95%) :D

Hah, oh no.. no comedy for me. My jokes are just awkward, conversational/deflective ones. Performing, I just mean singing/acting onstage (which I haven't done in too long).

Those tests aren't terribly accurate, but it's all abstract, anyhow.. can't count on absolutes.
I mostly like the right half of it- how I learn, how any of us do, perhaps.. gives a bit more of a clearer insight into the left half's results, I suppose.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Those tests aren't terribly accurate, but it's all abstract, anyhow.. can't count on absolutes.
I mostly like the right half of it- how I learn, how any of us do, perhaps.. gives a bit more of a clearer insight into the left half's results, I suppose.

yeah I agree. Not very accurate but it does give decent indications imo.
Here's mine :
http://www.mypersonality.info/badge/0/25/250466.png
too lazy to put in in sig :p

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I accidentally stare at people which is weird cuz I get uncomfortable if I'm doing something.all though this little boy stared at me with a blank.expression so I just stared back with a blank expression

One thing I've learned : I think my intuition is not very helpful when it comes to getting blank stares of someone...I tend to make wrong or bad assumptions/hypotheses about reasons why people stare at me. Damn that sounds paranoid ...and it is :p

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I've learned : I think my intuition is not very helpful when it comes to getting blank stares of someone...I tend to make wrong or bad assumptions/hypotheses about reasons why people stare at me. Damn that sounds paranoid ...and it is :p

yep. i think intuition can have a field day in the unknown. :unsure:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't mind it. :D If it's a dude I'll assume he likes what he sees and if it's a girl I'll assume there's some part of me she admires. I actually love to hear from my friends what people they've talked to had to say about me. Yesterday my ENFJ bestie was telling me about how she hung out with like 3 guys and they were talking about me and how hot I was apparently. I dug into that shit as much as I could. Who doesn't love a good confidence booster? :blush: Being watched would only bother me if I felt like my actions were being judged.