• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs and INFJs. Why?

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
With an INFJ, I don't feel that. I feel like I am really understood through all the layers of crazy that encompasses my enfpness.

INFJs, I love you and I wish there were more of you.

(and for those of you who doubt or mock. We are awesome. No other explanation needed.)

I like that dude. I hope he doesn't disappear again.

Jake, I especially agree with the understanding through layers of crazy. I think it's a mutual understanding.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ahhh the elusive INFJ. How I love them. 8+ plus months away from the boards and this 10 page thread is the first one I dive into. I love it love it love it.

blah blah blah

Dude, your picture is so fantastic... it's so fantastic... it... :worthy: :jesus:

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ENFP
I think with us ENFP's we mask a connection with most everyone. We are chameleon and have the near super-power to instantly make people comfortable and get people to open up to us and trust us. BUT I think we do an even better job of getting people to believe we are opening up to them when really we are just playing off them to get them to like us or whatever. Confused yet? Me too.

(and for those of you who doubt or mock. We are awesome. No other explanation needed.)

What a wise man you are! (that may be the 1st time I've ever used "wise" and "man" in the same sentence, not immediately followed by a posterior extension of some sort) Oh, that was a compliment

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Cze Cze - Count me in. Jake is ready for war.

Thanks for the warm welcomes kids!

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I think with us ENFP's we mask a connection with most everyone. We are chameleon and have the near super-power to instantly make people comfortable and get people to open up to us and trust us. BUT I think we do an even better job of getting people to believe we are opening up to them when really we are just playing off them to get them to like us or whatever. Confused yet? Me too.

With an INFJ, I don't feel that. I feel like I am really understood through all the layers of crazy that encompasses my enfpness.

Awww, the feeling is mutual, y'know. :)

This is, if I can speak for INFJs. :thinking:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The forum has grown since you've gone -- for instance, we are amassing small armies of INFJs and ENFPs for the impending war.

Now why wasn't I notified about this? You would think that having an ENFJ twin would automatically clue me in to any hints of saber rattling.... :D

Penguin

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFP's are cool, and funny to bad that you guys are really rare :cry:
My father (ENFP) was a tourist guide for 14 summers, (when he was 25 to 40 or so) now he is 60, and he still gets christmas cards/easter cards from his former tourists :yes:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perfect ENFP(female) and INFJ(male) duo ?
burn notice protagonist and ex-girlfriend

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
perfect ENFP(female) and INFJ(male) duo ?
burn notice protagonist and ex-girlfriend

Hmmmm - you know, I think he's an ISTP, and she's an ESFP.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Hmmmm - you know, I think he's an ISTP, and she's an ESFP.

Ooh, can you help me tell the difference between an ENFP and an ESFP? One of my friends has been confounding me...

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ooh, can you help me tell the difference between an ENFP and an ESFP? One of my friends has been confounding me...

Easy. Start blabbing about your theory on the evolution of morality. Unless your ESFP buddy's a mutant, he'll/she'll probably tell you to shut it and dance. The ENFP will probably reply with a bull shit theory of his/her own that was made on the spot in response to yours (and I do mean bull shit).

Also, the next time your buddy starts blabbing about someone they just met/ have a crush on/ whatever, see if the majority of the content is a shockingly detailed description of their appearance (ESFP) or a shockingly shameless attempt at amateur psychoanalysis (ENFP).

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Easy. Start blabbing about your theory on the evolution of morality. Unless your ESFP buddy's a mutant, he'll/she'll probably tell you to shut it and dance. The ENFP will probably reply with a bull shit theory of his/her own that was made on the spot in response to yours (and I do mean bull shit).

Also, the next time your buddy starts blabbing about someone they just met/ have a crush on/ whatever, see if the majority of the content is a shockingly detailed description of their appearance (ESFP) or a shockingly shameless attempt at amateur psychoanalysis (ENFP).

Awesome! :D

Heh- but I think her ISTP boyfriend (mistyped himself as an INTJ) has told her she is ENFP (no matter what she is!) so she's doing her best to fit the profile. Will keep analysing... We seem to run out of stuff to communicate about really really quickly-she cares, but I can see her eyes glazing over-and I'm wondering if this is an Ni/Ne or Ni/Se chasm.

Sorry about the mini thread derail.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Awesome! :D

Heh- but I think her ISTP boyfriend (mistyped himself as an INTJ) has told her she is ENFP (no matter what she is!) so she's doing her best to fit the profile. Will keep analysing... We seem to run out of stuff to communicate about really really quickly-she cares, but I can see her eyes glazing over-and I'm wondering if this is an Ni/Ne or Ni/Se chasm.

Sorry about the mini thread derail.

One last thread derail post: So, why's she "doing her best to fit the profile?" OK, from this limited knowledge, she's an ESFP... why her boyfriend wants her to be an ENFP is beyond me. Oh, and there is no Ni/Ne chasm... only an Ni/Ne orgasm.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
One last thread derail post: So, why's she "doing her best to fit the profile?" OK, from this limited knowledge, she's an ESFP... why her boyfriend wants her to be an ENFP is beyond me. Oh, and there is no Ni/Ne chasm... only an Ni/Ne orgasm.

My guess is that her boyfriend read the whole INTJs+ENFPs = true love shebang; told her about it, and now she's expressing herself in ENFP terms to make the relationship work (unless she is an ENFP, in which case, maybe she's just learned to be more comfortable expressing herself- she's very young). It's worked out though - they're both incredibly touchy-feely and work really well together!

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP

I love everything about this post. If it wasn't written by a ENFP I might be angry that someone can see inside me so well...lol

Nicely done.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
my best friend's infj. we used to joke about how we wished the other was a girl when we were having trouble finding a girlfriend. then he got a girlfriend and didn't get as much bro time =(. still think his gf isn't the right one.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
i want a really cute infj girl...

or an intj... love the dry humor thing.