• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs and INFJs. Why?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I LOVE ENFPS!!!!!!!! Getting along with them clicks INSTANTLY. literally. I can.. and have.. talked to them for hours which I can't do with everyone. Feels like any barrier is removed when I'm hanging out with them. I've met three that I know for sure are ENFPs and they are awesome.

ENTPs are also good matches for INFJs and i can attest to that as well. Same deal.

I LOVE YOU ENFPS!!!!!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've been friends with an ENFP for over ten years. We met while her husband was teaching at the Bible college where my husband attended/worked. It took me awhile to warm up to her, but apparently as soon as she met me, she knew she must have me as a friend.

We haven't gotten to hang out irl in years, but one of the things that was great when we did was that she is bigger than life. When we went places, it was like I magically turned invisible because she lit up the room. It was wonderful because it allowed me to be in the background and observe until I felt comfortable interacting. She thought I was being nice 'letting her shine' but I don't have to feel or try to be nice to do that. It's just my comfort zone.

I know I can be paranoid, but my ENFP friend's occasional paranoia seriously rivals and sometimes exceeds mine.

When you meet her, at first you think she's a brainless, bubbling butterfly, but then if you talk to her you realize she is brilliant. She is one of those people that have everything: looks, personality, brains. She would be stinking rich if she could focus or had better taste in men. She'll probably end up being rich eventually anyway. Rich or not, she's a generous person, with her affection, her energy, etc.

She and I share a lot of the same values and ways of thinking. She likes to talk and I like to listen. She tries to make herself listen to what's going on in my life, but it never really works. She gets bored and zones. But we can talk back and forth about abstract stuff pretty well. She likes the way I see through people and the weird way I sum things up. Talking to me helps her think clearly. She always has something interesting going on.

And I have to stop now or I'll be late for work.

redacted

Hmm, the fact that I'm going to be in Pacific Beach for a week starting this Saturday.

But yeah, INFJ's pwn ENFP's in the, totally-batshit-insane department.

:yes:

the INFJs i know have been pretty much the least insane people i've come across.

my ENFP friends (i have 3 that i'm thinking about; one of them is my best friend) are all, well, pretty damn crazy.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
^ ooh

u go to cal? thats a trippy ass avatar... like a pink floyd lazer concert. lol

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
yeah i go to cal.

not too many INFJs or ENFPs here.

mostly STJs and NTJs.

rly???

haha i graduated cal...

must be all those new corporate new buildings on telegraph! burn em down burn em down... lol

yeah, it did feel a little different last time i went. btw, maybe its just the peoples in ur major?

redacted

rly???

haha i graduated cal...

must be all those new corporate new buildings on telegraph! burn em down burn em down... lol

yeah, it did feel a little different last time i went. btw, maybe its just the peoples in ur major?

actually my major probably has more INFJs than most... i do cognitive science.

regarding the topic, though -- i could never see myself dating an ENFP (or an FP for that matter). Fi makes me insane sometimes :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Fe oftentimes makes me want to vomit on myself and all of humanity, so yeah, :p

True story.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
actually my major probably has more INFJs than most... i do cognitive science.

regarding the topic, though -- i could never see myself dating an ENFP (or an FP for that matter). Fi makes me insane sometimes :)

really? i'd imagine more NF's (omg, im using this lingo now lol) would be more in the social sciences, trying to "find themselves" lol

but yeah, im not even sure how to spot someone who is an ENFP or INFJ. i think back then, i just thought of everyone in terms of the "druggies" and the "lost souls" lol

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'd like to be in the presence of an ENFP/INFJ couple. I doubt I'd come away the same person.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd like to be in the presence of an ENFP/INFJ couple. I doubt I'd come away the same person.
I think I have been. My former pastor and his wife are ENFP/INFJ if my guess is right. They seem to have a good chemistry and be very happy together. I really enjoy my INTP partner, but I don't have any problem believing ENFP/INFJ can be a fantastic match.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would think the NF^2 factor would get suffocating though.

Like wouldn't that just be too much passion and emotion.

What do you mean? Two people that are NF could more easily communicate, right? Sorry, I'm still new to MBTI.. :blush:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Also, are all INFJ's really that awsome and sincere that you will watch out for someone behind their back and never mention it to them, what I mean do you really just do it because you care and expect nothing in return, because that really makes me so fuzzy inside when it happened to me.

There are certain people that I care extremely deeply for. Guy friends and girl friends and of course family. I won't hesitate to drop what I'm doing to help them out or 'rescue' them. It can even be fore people that I don't know that well - hard to explain there, but yea. I suppose for me it's the level of devotion and affection that I long for, so, at least if I can't get it from someone I'll do it for someone else. Doing that at least let's me feel it at some level even if it's all me. Most people, though, reciprocate.

Also are all of you freaking Vaginas that won't stand up for yourselves and prefer to be passive aggressive about the situation, or do you like ripping new assholes. All those attributes give me the impression of a sincere kind hearted human that I just want to hug...

I'm very passive aggressive for the most part. I suppose in the back of my mind I'm sending all these signals, "Hey, can't you tell I don't like this?" or "Get a clue, I couldn't care less so get off my case", "You'd never be able to understand so just forget about it". Eventually whatever situation I'm in will end and it's easier to just wait it out rather than get confrontational about it.

IF i do rip a new asshole on someone I feel horrible and usually apologize soon after.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My favorite INFJ-ENFP scene is when an ENFP stands their ground against something
says something totally cruel
and then storms out
then i meet them in the hallway by their locker
i try to cheer (s)he up
(s)he says thanks as (s)he cries
and we start to hang out

do you ever use self-deprecation to help you cheer someone up or get out of a sticky situation? it's one of my favs.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I find ENFPs to be a little exhausting. If I were going to use typology to pick an extraverted partner, I think ENTP would be it. They're still high energy, but not so... feely!

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha, my mom was INFJ and my dad was ENFP. They were a really good couple. Lasted 22 years. Of course, the ENFP has to ruin it and see if the "grass is greener on the other side." Oh well.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I find ENFPs to be a little exhausting. If I were going to use typology to pick an extraverted partner, I think ENTP would be it. They're still high energy, but not so... feely!

Hmm, I think I would love someone to be feely with me. Are you talking about wanting/needing physical affection or something different?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Hmm, I think I would love someone to be feely with me. Are you talking about wanting/needing physical affection or something different?

Eh, I was mostly being flippant. I do work better with NTs than NFs, though.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
do you ever use self-deprecation to help you cheer someone up or get out of a sticky situation? it's one of my favs.

Yeah
but more on the lines of
" do you still have this ? People in [ unfortunate country ] don't have this, cheer up "