• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs and INFJs. Why?

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
When I keep thinking back, it was my tendency to controll and pocess that made my friend most angry. To me it was natural but it really, now, seems to have been a typeconflict. I didnt want to trap him, just wanted more one-on-one interaction and activity. Wich I may not have expressed properly.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm, if I deem you as a nasty, hateful, mean-spirited person, a.) this would be the only reason why I would overtly not be nice to you, b.) I would never start a campaign against you, but I also would not hold back my negative opinion of you.

I am not really a shit talker, it's just not my thing, and I am shocked that this ENFP did not confront you about his disdain for you?!?!? :shock:

That is so un-ENFP-like.

Also, social hierarchy, eww, even in elementary school I felt that they were utterly stewpid and potentially detrimental to certain kids. The mere thought of caring about, and or using the social hierarchical system to my advantage is just plain, :sick: worthy.
i hate social hierarchy so much i cant even formulate it into words

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I keep thinking back, it was my tendency to controll and pocess that made my friend most angry. To me it was natural but it really, now, seems to have been a typeconflict. I didnt want to trap him, just wanted more one-on-one interaction and activity. Wich I may not have expressed properly.
Hmm, we do value our autonomy, tremendously, and the very thought of someone trying to control or possess us probably will be met with either a passive or hostile resentment.

I do not know if this is just me, or if this is a common trait amongst all ENFPs, but I've always loved and preferred one-on-one communication, and hence, have had more intimate relationships with fewer people, as a opposed to having more casual relationships with many people.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmm, we do value our autonomy, tremendously, and the very thought of someone trying to control or possess us probably will be met with either a passive or hostile resentment.

Yeah I notice autonomy seem important to you. Though back then I didnt know he was ENFP or about MBTI, I just thought he was a bit unfocused. Sometime we decided on the phone to do fun stuff together and when we would meet he would take 3 other friends with him, not asking what I would think about it on the phone because he would think I wouldn't agree and didnt want a "permission (,although I see this as a sign of friendly trust and he would view it as a "trap"...). This is strong and obvious typeconflicts and would probably never be solved in a core level.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah I notice autonomy seem important to you. Though back then I didnt know he was ENFP or about MBTI, I just thought he was a bit unfocused. Sometime we decided on the phone to do fun stuff together and when we would meet he would take 3 other friends with him, not asking what I would think about it on the phone because he would think I wouldn't agree and didnt want a "permission (,although I see this as a sign of friendly trust and he would view it as a "trap"...). This is strong and obvious typeconflicts and would probably never be solved in a core level.
Hmmm, are you *sure* he is an ENFP???

(For that is something I would *never* do).

Also, male ENFPs are different than female ENFPs, methinks.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm very positive he was/is ENFP. He had quiet much of ESxP tendencies since it was mostly SP's in our circle, and he would also have somewhat low Fi combined with a little to high Ne. I don't think he was as healthy during the end of our friendship as he was when we started.

Although I would also think the woman differ.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENFPs and INFJs inside out

I'm an INFJ female and I definitely notice a big spark whenever I'm around an ENFP, male or female. ENFPs are often quirky and have big personalities and are lots of fun. Someone said ENFPs are INFJs but inside out, and I think that's definitely true. One of my ENFP girlfriends and I seem to be totally different on the outside yet I recognize a lot of myself in her. It's just that I keep all my crazy enthusiasm inside and she lets it all out.

I find ENFP males very attractive. When I was single I was certainly tempted by them but held back in the name of self preservation. In my observations, a lot of male ENFPs are players -- the original Romeos. Very entertaining and fun to talk to, but I pity the girl who tries to domesticate one.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
If someone comes off as a mean person generally I'll smother them with affection to the point they feel silly. I just can't help it, I'm a troll.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If someone comes off as a mean person generally I'll smother them with affection to the point they feel silly. I just can't help it, I'm a troll.

Lol, awsom yoos of teh revers sykology on dem bastard's

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Hmmm, are you *sure* he is an ENFP???

(For that is something I would *never* do).

Also, male ENFPs are different than female ENFPs, methinks.

Me too. If you agree on a one-one outing, throwing in friends would normally be something you would ask about if it seemed okay for the situation, but not something you would do randomly.

I have to say also: the more I post on here, the more INFJs are becoming my favourite type.

p.s. Nillerz rules!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ok, enough you two, I think you can now safely stop sucking the dinner out of each others asses now.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On a non-romantic note, I have a story about INFJ dedication. My father is an INFJ - he works with the elderly as an occupational therapist, so he's very tuned in to people. I was extremely sick a few months ago, and he pushed and pushed and pushed the doctors for weeks, taking me to their office every other day until someone admitted me to the hospital, because he was terrified that I might die. He stayed with me in the hospital the entire time, only leaving to shower and get something to eat. He slept in a recliner next to my bed for almost a week, and held my hand when I slept. I don't think I would be alive now if it weren't for him being so determined and insistent with the doctors.

Clearly, INFJs make outstanding parents. You and I are lucky.

two things, first that ENFPs, seemingly, are also most likely to do the same and more importantly, isn't there the v imp aspect of the father-daughter innate link that must've really heightened the concern & attention when combined with the INFJ personality aspect of it?

lucky dads and even more fortunate daughters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
have i already posted this?? i have no idea...but pretty sure my dad was enfp and my mom is infj and yes...either one of them would behave that way...they are/were both the most nurturing...loving dedicated self sacrificing parents...i feel pretty lucky too...awww...love for the enfp's and infj's...muah!!
sc0877dq.gif