• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Having a physical body disgusts me :/

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes weird realizations just come to me. Maybe I'm just insane, but after some reflecting, I've found that having a body is an unpleasant thing. I mean, we have to do things to keep it alive, have people look at it and use it to judge you, experience pain, go to the bathroom (something I find both humiliating and disgusting)... not only that, but I feel extremely incapable of doing things I want to do because I have a body. Thoughts?

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're pretty fucked up.
No, I'm actually completely sober.
Or if you were insulting my sanity, you're a very close-minded individual :D

93JC

No, I'm actually completely sober.
Or if you were insulting my sanity, you're a very close-minded individual :D

I didn't mean with respect to your sobriety, and I didn't say anything about your sanity.

You openly invited thoughts about what you had said, so I shared mine.

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't mean with respect to your sobriety, and I didn't say anything about your sanity.

You openly invited thoughts about what you had said, so I shared mine.
Touche.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Have you seen a psych about this [MENTION=20576]Tyltalis[/MENTION]?

gromit

likes this
What's not to love about going to the bathroom???
(serious question)

And what sorts of things do you wish you could do but can't because you of your body? I hope this isn't too private/nosy... do you have a physical disability or something?

gromit

likes this
I'll probably feel different when I'm like 85 and achy and arthritic, but right now i feel like my body can do so much, pretty much anything I want it to, if I try hard enough and practice at the desired skill.

Also, it's a source of tremendous pleasure in a lot of ways. Let's not forget

Delicious food
Sex
Warm sun
Drinking water
Drinking alcohol
Hugging and snuggling
Hot tub
Soft things
Exercise
Shower
Falling asleep in a nice bed after a long day of any of the above...

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no physical disabilities or mental disabilities that I'm aware of. Maybe I have a lot of unconcious fears/insecurities that have to do with having a body.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought this thread was RaptorWizard until I saw the :/.

gromit

likes this
And I haven't gotten into the processes that the body uses to heal and rebuild itself, all the ways the different components work together. Taking anatomy really made me appreciate the elegance and complexity and just straight up coolness of life... :)

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll probably feel different when I'm like 85 and achy and arthritic, but right now i feel like my body can do so much, pretty much anything I want it to, if I try hard enough and practice at the desired skill.

Delicious food
Sex
Warm sun
Drinking water
Drinking alcohol
Hugging and snuggling
Hot tub
Soft things
Exercise
Shower

It's not so much that there aren't nice things that come with having a body, it's just the concept that kinda freaks me out a bit.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's good to remind yourself, and hard for some of us N types to remember that we ARE our bodies. The better we treat them, the more we appreciate them, the better we are. I suggest you let go a bit, really appreciate in the moment the physical things that you already enjoy and explore and expand from there. Go slow, but go.

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's not to love about going to the bathroom???
(serious question)

And what sorts of things do you wish you could do but can't because you of your body?

The idea of passing filth scares the crap out of me (no pun intended).

And you want me to list the things that humans can't do? It's quite an extensive list. Among the things that stand out to me are seeing in all spectrums, tasting things like nebulas, experiencing time in a different way, and many others.
I know I'm crazy, but stuff like that just really interests me. And it makes me feel very limited and powerless. And sad because I can't fulfill my dreams :(

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Delicious food
Sex
Warm sun
Drinking water
Drinking alcohol
Hugging and snuggling
Hot tub
Soft things
Exercise
Shower

:yes: