• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Having a physical body disgusts me :/

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I kind of see my body as a mind transportation/input device. It doesn't usually disgust me, but sometimes I find the limitations confounding. And it doesn't always seem right that the meat thing is all that is tethering my consciousness to this plane. Not that I don't very much enjoy some of the sensory stuff. It just seems kind of weird. OTOH, my mind is probably just a function of a bunch of chemical reactions so . . . :unsure:

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Do you think you might have Depersonalization disorder?

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think you might have Depersonalization disorder?
Thought I did initially, but after reading further into it, nah.
I don't feel out of control, just a bit uneasy about sensory input.

gromit

likes this
The idea of passing filth scares the crap out of me (no pun intended).
Ok well if you have a legit fear, and it's preventing you from BMs then maybe you do need to talk to a health professional, because that can be pretty unhealthy if you hold it in too long...

And you want me to list the things that humans can't do? It's quite an extensive list. Among the things that stand out to me are seeing in all spectrums, tasting things like nebulas, experiencing time in a different way, and many others.
I know I'm crazy, but stuff like that just really interests me. And it makes me feel very limited and powerless. And sad because I can't fulfill my dreams :(

Ha. Sounds like you have a very vivid imagination. How old are you? Have you started pursuing a career? I don't think you necessarily should be sad about that. Asking questions and pushing the boundaries of human understanding and perception is how new technology is developed, you know? And art too...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
seeing in all spectrums, tasting things like nebulas, experiencing time in a different way, and many others.
I know I'm crazy, but stuff like that just really interests me. And it makes me feel very limited and powerless. And sad because I can't fulfill my dreams :(

Do nebulas have a taste? Are we in a nebula? Maybe we taste them all the time and we just don't know it.

I don't think parts of the spectrum of color which we can't see really can be seen, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. At least it's not a big amount- I think it must be perceived in another way. You're right, it would be really interesting to be able to sense these things. I think echolocation would be cool. I think though that humans can find ways to extend the range of our senses.

Anyway, maybe you can fulfill your dreams in the afterlife between incarnations if it exists, or try astral projection. Or LSD or shrooms.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe you just need to get laid.

/keep it simple

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha. Sounds like you have a very vivid imagination. How old are you? Have you started pursuing a career? I don't think you should be sad about that. Asking questions and pushing the boundaries of human understanding and perception is how new technology is developed, you know? And art too...

Thank you :)
I'm actually 18, and I've only just started college.
Not many ideas for stuff to major in yet.
Usually I'm a bit reluctant to share my opinions on things because it seems most people are a bit close-minded.

gromit

likes this
I actually was a little jealous when I first found out that sharks can sense electricity... :dry:

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kind of see my body as a mind transportation/input device. It doesn't usually disgust me, but sometimes I find the limitations confounding. And it doesn't always seem right that the meat thing is all that is tethering my consciousness to this plane. Not that I don't very much enjoy some of the sensory stuff. It just seems kind of weird. OTOH, my mind is probably just a function of a bunch of chemical reactions so . . . :unsure:
This. I like how you think.

gromit

likes this
Thank you :)
I'm actually 18, and I've only just started college.
Not many ideas for stuff to major in yet.
Usually I'm a bit reluctant to share my opinions on things because it seems most people are a bit close-minded.

Seems like you'd have a place pioneering new technologies somehow...

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like you'd have a place pioneering new technologies somehow...
I like your idealism. But I don't think I have the patience for something like that.