• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Any ENFPs Been in Relationships with ENTJs?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Both T and F are considered to be rational, just that one bases itself on impersonal/facts data and the other on personal/value data.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both T and F are considered to be rational, just that one bases itself on impersonal/facts data and the other on personal/value data.

Yup.

An entity with no T would have no understanding of reality.
An entity with no F would have no opinion or purpose.

Either sort of existence is irrational.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yup.

An entity with no T would have no understanding of reality.
An entity with no F would have no opinion or purpose.

Either sort of existence is irrational.

What don't you know, my little spongey man? :)

Definitely. Balance is everything.

That might explain why I fall down a lot. No balance.

:D

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's easier to find a counterweight in a lover than be balanced yourself.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have a best friend who is ENTJ and she is awesome! Seriously, bestest friend ever. I've never had a relationship like the one I have with her - but I would never date her if she were a man.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENFP's and ENTJ's make great friends, that's for sure. I know this male ENFP and he's just awesome, he have a great time together. ENFP's are really funny they have a great sense of humor, and we can discuss ideas for houuurrrss on end and it's really entertaining and stimulating.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who let Maverick in here?! :p He's an ISFP!

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's easier to find a counterweight in a lover than be balanced yourself.

Easier, yes. But not good for the individual. I want balance for myself, to make myself autonomous from everyone else.

I have a best friend who is ENTJ and she is awesome! Seriously, bestest friend ever. I've never had a relationship like the one I have with her - but I would never date her if she were a man.

My best friend is an ENTJ as well. She's a power mad, super smart, hilarious person - always pushing her boundaries. However, if she were a man, I would date her. :D

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Who let Maverick in here?! :p He's an ISFP!

Word. That's one of those things that EVERYONE already knows. I mean, can't you tell? He stinks of patchouli. ( that's why I stand 20 feet away)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
My best friend is an ENTJ as well. She's a power mad, super smart, hilarious person - always pushing her boundaries. However, if she were a man, I would date her. :D

lol if u were a man would u date her?? just curious...

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol if u were a man would u date her?? just curious...

Absolutely. :) I keep trying to find her an ENFP guy - she has NO luck with men. She either picks ISFJ, which turns into a 10 car pile-up , or an ISTJ, which turns into a 20 car pile- up, or ESFP, which is fun and relaxing, but the intellectual difference is dramatic. She mistakes aggression for power and intelligence. She tells me she loves my personality and wishes she could find that in a guy, but strangely I have never met another ENFP, male or female. It's too bad that men treat her intelligence and go-getter attitude as an excuse to be rough or aggressive with her. I think being an ENTJ female is really difficult.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Absolutely. :) I keep trying to find her an ENFP guy - she has NO luck with men. She either picks ISFJ, which turns into a 10 car pile-up , or an ISTJ, which turns into a 20 car pile- up, or ESFP, which is fun and relaxing, but the intellectual difference is dramatic. She mistakes aggression for power and intelligence. She tells me she loves my personality and wishes she could find that in a guy, but strangely I have never met another ENFP, male or female. It's too bad that men treat her intelligence and go-getter attitude as an excuse to be rough or aggressive with her. I think being an ENTJ female is really difficult.

yeah, i never met another enfp either... lol

i think girl entj's are like the girl robot in Wall - E... haha

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a pretty strong Te (probably from studying business and taking debate) so I can relate strongly to ENTJs for a short period (I'm VERY ambitious and passionate and they usually are too) but I can't hang out in Te for long periods of time and after a while, their lack of emotion if kinda draining. nevertheless, ENTJs are one of the few types who can keep up with my natural energy level in intense conversations. they're not the best people to talk to about your feelings, but if you have ambitious goals, they can talk with you all day.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My dad is an ENTJ. I would never ever date one. I love most ENTJs I meet but it always goes sour after a while. They seem to always want to compete with me in social situations which a) I don't understand and b) makes me uncomfortable.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Call me a masochist.
But I find NTJs to be... extremely appealing.
Precisely because they are foreign to me.

See, for a long time, I thought I wanted a perfect soulmate. Someone who would just instantly get me. And if he wasn't perfect.. I would go that extra mile and -make- the relationship perfect. I knew I would intuitively adapt to them down to the slightest detail.

... Things kind of don't work that way.

And when I realized this, I felt really cheated and upset, like telling a kid that Santa doesn't exist. [Needed therapy, because God knows I used every hypothesis to keep the soulmate idea alive. (I still believe, but shh) ]

The problem in relationships is my natural paranoia. (This is what NTJs are so good at cutting through) If someone gives me fluffy love too fast or too much of it, there will come a time where I'll eventually mistrust it.

So I considered the other option, what if someone came to you and said:
"You're stupid, you're ugly and rotten. But I like you." No sweet talk, no dances... because we can spot these emotional games a mile away.

-Instant love-

Their tendency for clarity is kind of amusing and weird. But they do not exist in a single dimension like say...STs. Which makes them far far more interesting.
Innocent, in a way.

The trick, from my experience, is to realize they don't see the "feeling" dimensions very well. And for all their impressive and efficient personas, they are vulnerable to nearly all of my emotional games.

It's like the playing field is wide open. Like I'm free to try anything.

I've met very few of them. But they certainly caused an impact on me.

Then again, I tend to over-idealize them. Chances are I won't mean what I just typed above in a week.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't have minded trying one before I settled down..I find their dominance, as long as it is reigned in by common sense and a soft streak, very appealing. But I dunno how the practicalities in the relationship would work though...