• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Any ENFPs Been in Relationships with ENTJs?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I don't know ENTJs that well as a type yet, but I'd definitely date an INTJ. At the moment they'd be near the top of the list for me.

The ENTJs on here are really entertaining though.

sculpting

Okay, I adore-let me rephrase-worship the few ENTjs I know. I promote them to the status of dieties in terms of organizational dynamics.

all from a distance.

These guys are the ones I want pushing my "mission" forwards. I am so surrounded by stupid people at times that the ENTJ mantra of destroy the useless is such a breath of fresh air. (my entp buddy says I am a pretty crappy feeler. I just like watching SJs quiver)

I could totally sleep w an ENTJ and find them incredibly sexy, but not at all for a relationship. More like a "daddy, please spank me sort of way..." and then I get the hell out of there.

I am too old (32) and independednt to have someone else control my day to day activities.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
for a while i thought i was. turns out she was just bi polar lol. so i dated an ESFP (that was extremely fun, and im not being sarcastic) and i sorta dated an ISTJ (kinda wish i fully had, probably would have done me some good).

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I could totally sleep w an ENTJ and find them incredibly sexy, but not at all for a relationship. More like a "daddy, please spank me sort of way..."

:yim_rolling_on_the_

And 'yes' to the secret love of their 'destroy the stupid/ignorant!' war-cry which my 'FP' prevents me doing. :devil:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
most people are not nearly as one dimensional as MBTI says they are:

examples:
the average person who tests ENXP is not as wild and crazy as this forum says they are.
the average person who tests ISXJ is not as robotic as this forum says they are.
the average person who tests ESXJ is not as much of a control freak as this forum says they are.
and finally, ENTJs are not assholes by definition. nothing in the type description says we have to be assholes.

im ENTJ and i have NEVER tried to 'control' the girl i'm pursuing. i have NEVER tried to just 'steamroll' an argument (with a chick im intimate with), mainly because ENTJs can avoid arguments to begin with (with proper communication). i dont want a fucking pet (though i may joke here n there), i want an equal.
Finally, everytime someone has a 'crazy ex' they assume they are INFJ. every time someone has an 'asshole ex' they assume they are ENTJ. Which is of course bullshit, unless you actually made them take the test.

this thread hardly makes mention of ENFPs opinions of ENTJs. This thread is basically the ENFP opinion of assholes.

My best friend of many years (in my short life thus far), has taken the test and is ENFP. We have joked about trying to find each other in the female form haha

R

Riva

Man... I just recently ended a relationship with an ENTJ.

Something from the beginning was very odd that I couldn't understand. Maybe I am just an attention whore, but she had a very cold side that I did not want to believe existed, especially if it came to me!

I tried to make it work, but in the end, I think part of me thought she was immature in the way she handled things, and being that we are both younger siblings, I had to "beat" her by being more immature than her. Omg, that was hell. I became this pretty evil person I never was in a relationship before.

There's a CS Lewis quote "In order to slay a dragon, don't become a dragon yourself". I think I failed. Even the break up process was this very immature way of "Im the one who broke up with you" that I felt her trying to calculate, and push into my face when I first suggested maybe we aren't a good match for each other. It is still going on, my gawd. Its like this huge battle, I ended up going back to an ex, who was so much more warm hearted than her... im not even sure what personality type she is... but anyways, I don't want to feel like somoene has to win the "I broke up with you" battle, but i feel like she is leaving me no choice but to think of it that way...

I dunno, I guess I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who knows about ENFP and ENTJ relationships and how it went.

you just had a bad experience. thats all. anytype cpuld act like that in a relationship. its not because ENTJ - ENFP combination is bad.

sculpting

most people are not nearly as one dimensional as MBTI says they are:

examples:
the average person who tests ENXP is not as wild and crazy as this forum says they are.
the average person who tests ISXJ is not as robotic as this forum says they are.
the average person who tests ESXJ is not as much of a control freak as this forum says they are.
and finally, ENTJs are not assholes by definition. nothing in the type description says we have to be assholes.

im ENTJ and i have NEVER tried to 'control' the girl i'm pursuing. i have NEVER tried to just 'steamroll' an argument (with a chick im intimate with), mainly because ENTJs can avoid arguments to begin with (with proper communication). i dont want a fucking pet (though i may joke here n there), i want an equal.
Finally, everytime someone has a 'crazy ex' they assume they are INFJ. every time someone has an 'asshole ex' they assume they are ENTJ. Which is of course bullshit, unless you actually made them take the test.

this thread hardly makes mention of ENFPs opinions of ENTJs. This thread is basically the ENFP opinion of assholes.

My best friend of many years (in my short life thus far), has taken the test and is ENFP. We have joked about trying to find each other in the female form haha

YOU WANT AN EQUAL NOW. YOU DEMAND AN EQUAL. THE EQUAL SHALL BE YOURS!!!!!!!!

sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!!! :hug: love you bnches but it was just too much fun to miss!!!!!!!!!

actually there are stupid, asshole people of every type. I really do adore entjs. I even had a total crush on a chick entj once. Well i have had crushes on actually all the entjs I have known, however that is an n=3, so I need more datums.

most people are scared of entjs. terrified honestly. I just watch them and then come back to them at thier own level and am really fine w them. I can handle an entj much better than an estj

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I'm sorry if it comes off as an ENFP opinion of assholes! All the ENTJs I know took advantage of my willingness to help and provide emotional support and abused the shit out of it. I know this isn't indicative of ENTJs as a whole, but damn, I've been burned pretty bad by your type overall. There's a certain kind of insecure ENTJ who, when faced with a pretty naive ENFP (that would be me!) just wants to abuse and manipulate.

I have noticed that ENTJs can be really really mean to ENFPs without ever noticing it. My father has straight up broken my heart with things he has said. It is like he found the meanest thing to say to me and then said it and then pretended that he had no idea it was mean. My eventual conclusion was that some ENTJs just don't come with the blinking light in their head that goes "That was mean, you probably shouldn't say that."

DoroMay

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have!

I am an ENFP currently in a relationship with an ENTJ! It's AWESOME.

We were inseparable within a couple weeks of meeting, we were those best friends everyone assumed would end up together. I thought everyone was right, lol, but he had his logical mind set on somebody else, so being the ENFP I am I did my best to help him end up with her so he could be happy. Which is weird, because I knew he had feelings for me. I guess I just trusted his judgment, if he thought she was better for him, I respected that.

Our friendship was ridiculously amazing, even if it hurt me. I understood him better than anyone from the start, always knew what he was trying to say, always understood his logic and his underlying emotions. I understood that when he came across as harsh, it was his way of trying to care for people. But I never took any crap from him. If he was being manipulative, I called him on it with humour, and we would end up amused and teasing each other. (Like, one time when we'd just met he wanted me to go to a party I had no interest in attending, and he steamrolled over me on the phone, ignored my protests, then somehow made it seem like he was doing me a favour by getting people to pick me up. I literally stamped my foot, growled, and huffed, "Don't think I don't know what you're doing, buster! I don't want to go, and you know it, and you're tricking me into this! You won't always get away with this! GRR!"

"Hehehe...Okay, I'll see you soon," he replied, and hung up. LOL!)

I was pretty happy when his logic caught up with his emotions a few months later, he was like, "Oh wait, I don't actually love the other girl, I love her...okay, done deal. Now I just get her to marry me. Step one, dating first."

It was all very amusing. He tried to verbally get me in a corner where I admitted I had feelings for him beyond friendship, so he could be certain of success (my ENTJ is rather tenderhearted, he had no interest in being hurt as he has been in the past)...but I was angry and stubborn and was very tricky and I tricked him into admitting it before I did. It wasn't easy though, he's so refreshingly intelligent. :wubbie: I like our banter and debate times. (Unless it gets too heated for me, in which case I tell him I need to stop due to anger or hurt or irritation or whatever. He's always like, "What the heck? Alright, whatever." HA! But I would despise a guy I could always outwit and outmaneuver. He's actually the only one I've met who I can't.)

We've been together for 8 months or so, and it's great. We're both Christian, so our values are the same, and he's decided that to be a real man he has to ensure that he loves me and looks after me in greater ways all the time, no matter what it takes. I am ridiculously lucky! :D He's someone I can always always count on, and he never bores me (unless he decides that I need to hear a lecture on some obscure topic he's an expert on, but I fully support his bizarre brilliance and usually let him ramble), and he teaches me to stand up for myself and to keep my priorities rational. He also stands up for me if I can't stand up for myself, which I appreciate. I give him unconditional love, laughter, understanding, a never-ending challenge (poor ENTJ, do you think he'll ever understand my crazy emotional landscape?), and I help him understand people and how to deal with them more effectively. (ME: "Tact!! Goodness me, that was not very tactful...if you want them to listen and not get their backs up, word it like this... " HIM: "But that way sounds gay. Can't I just tell them they're all idiots and should listen to me?" ME: "Good grief...no.") I spend a lot of time smoothing things over for him, lol. I let him be the leader, though my vast quantities of backbone and energy sometimes result in me trying to take the reigns without even realizing it. I'm working on not doing that though, it hurts him, makes him feel like I don't trust his leadership.

There are challenges, but we both look out for the other's best interests, which I think is a lot of what makes this work. We've had conflicts over me being emotionally self-sacrificing (ie: letting people hurt me and smiling through it), which he won't tolerate because it's dishonest and lets him and others walk on me. So, I don't do that anymore, and I'm much better off for it, as is our relationship. And we've had conflicts over him being controlling and inconsiderate, which makes me want to hop on a plane and never return or PUNCH HIM, lol, so he doesn't do that much anymore. He's still the leader, but he's (gasp shock horror!) a very sensitive one. If he hurts me or angers me we deal with it, lol. We also had conflicts over my absolute NEED to escape and travel and see things, and his absolute NEED to not have me out of his sight. We resolved this by agreeing to travel a lot together. Easy! ^_^ He's just as curious about the world and generally ~weird~ as I am, so it works. Another major conflict has been my commitment phobia, but I don't ever want to be with anyone else and I trust him, so it's not an issue...unless he starts talking about too far in the future and mentions kids. Then I panic. *cue me screaming here* So although we're agreed that one day far far in the future we'll have them, we very decidedly DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT. Hahaha.

I know, I ramble. I just love him a ridiculous amount. We need each other, we're much better off together than apart. :blush:

Do I recommend that all ENFPs look for an ENTJ? ABSOLUTELY NOT. It takes a lot of maturity and work and attraction and selflessness for this to work. That goes for any relationship, I realize this, but I think some personality combinations can get by together easier than others. I can see how an ENFP-ENTJ relationship could go very horribly. But...if you find yourself with a good match between these types, I'm telling you, when it works, it REALLY works!

:yes:

Nicomachean

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP + ENTJ = Masochistic Love?

Reading DoroMay's post makes me sad to see my relationship isn't turning out as good as hers, but I am glad it works!!! I'm an ENFP dating an ENTJ, and it really sucks. We are both gay, but he is not out and and I am. He is also a Gemini and I'm a Cancer -- so there are all these other factors playing into it, and I often find myself excusing so much of his behavior out of acceptance for who he is. That does not stop me from feeling what I feel, and it's gotten to the point where I'm acutely aware of how lame I must look trying to claw for his attention (in very subtle and charming ways. I do have to maintain my dignity!). When he does give me attention, unprompted, I'm shy about admitting how unbalanced it is. It's like I could do a billion sweet things to him and for him, which he SAYS he appreciates (in the typical ENTJ way), but if he does just one sweet thing to me, I swoon. It is SO sick and I am starting to hate myself for being so weak! But it feels SO GOOD! Someone PLLEASE help me. :doh:

I find myself wanting to save him, and trying to get him to be thoughtful. Being inconsiderate seems so so so completely foreign to me, it almost feels deliberate, but I keep reminding myself that some people are just "like that", and it may / may not have to do with them choosing to behave that way. My ENTJ is very childish, and boyish which I find soo appealing, because I love the youthfulness we have on the adventures we take. They are very dreamy and things seem very light and effortless. Prancing around the beach half naked, going on road trips, cooking dinner on a weeknight or catching a comedy show at one of the local clubs.. :hug:

Lately, my intuition tells me he met someone else, but it's in the very beginning stages. He seems really cryptic when I ask him about certain things, and I just get the vibe he wants to maintain something with me, but also wants to explore what this new guy is about. He wants his cake and to eat it too. This gave me horrible knots in my stomach -- thinking about him being with someone else, and I don't know how to ask him if he's casually dating someone else because I KNOW that will just prompt him to lie and hide his tracks even harder. Which you'd think is reason enough for me to dump him right? WRONG. Because I'm not positive with my instinct, and I could just be accusing him of it. UGH I would rather him just tell me.

Part of me thinks that once he moves to the same city as me (yes, this is tragically a long distance relationship), he will learn to understand how I work and fuse his good qualities with mine. Wishful thinking?? Any advice????? We have had a long distance thing going on for close to 2 years (don't ASK me how.. it is very tough), but I'm not sure I can handle him being like this AND cheating on me (if my instinct is right..). Is it best to just quit him cold turkey??? I could find the strength to be just friends with him, but I don't know how that would start. I'm actually a very balanced and rational person, but when it comes to matters of love -- I am admittedly indulgent and messy:17425:

Lark

Anyone who wants to try dating and ENTJ can go on a date with me if they like. Female applicants only. Although if you want to go for a drink and a chat that's cool.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been in romantic entanglements with a few ENTJ's - I can say it's never dull. They make it very intense, laser focused, and personal. I appreciate being able to have a debate or disagreement with them, because they rarely ever get hurt or offended, and I find that very refreshing.

The Te need to be right all the time can be extremely frustrating, and the sheer amount of will they're willing to exert to get what they want, even if it's ill advised, sometimes makes my eyes cross.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ENFP's are in a higher status than ENTJ's. The thing is that ENFP's can came to the same conclusion as ENTJ's due to their third function Te while leading with Ne and Fi. ENFP's probably like ENTJ's more than they like them. The main function that ENFP's reap is their Introverted intuition from ENTJ's. ENTJ's don't get anything. I always thought people had trouble with their 4th function the most. ENTJ's have trouble with their Fi which is ENFP's strongest point.

I think this is an interesting pairing. I'm interested if anyone has dated.