• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Is it possible (or likely) to be an ENFJ and enneagram type 7?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am confused by my new boss. She seems so similar to me in some instances (e.g. always late for things, doing many things at the same time, losing objects, impulsive, vivacious, etc) but at the same time i have the impression we think in completely different ways - in fact, she has told me quite a few times that she can't understand my reasoning (that i jump from topic to topic - i guess Ne - but if you don't understand Ne, can you be an Ne user?!) and in reverse, i find her to be more direct in speech than me (for instance, i tend to speak in suggestions, she's more straight-forward) and i've noticed that although she cares extremely for my emotional wellbeing and that of other co-workers - she'll always not talk about herself. mind you, i don't think it's a matter of being a boss, because she can talk about her personal life for a long time..but she just doesn't seem to be as open/naive/sensitive as me. i dunno. so i get this feeling of her being like a 7w8 and an ENFJ at the same time.
comments?
(sorry, wall of text :()

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am confused by my new boss. She seems so similar to me in some instances (e.g. always late for things, doing many things at the same time, losing objects, impulsive, vivacious, etc) but at the same time i have the impression we think in completely different ways - in fact, she has told me quite a few times that she can't understand my reasoning (that i jump from topic to topic - i guess Ne - but if you don't understand Ne, can you be an Ne user?!) and in reverse, i find her to be more direct in speech than me (for instance, i tend to speak in suggestions, she's more straight-forward) and i've noticed that although she cares extremely for my emotional wellbeing and that of other co-workers - she'll always not talk about herself. mind you, i don't think it's a matter of being a boss, because she can talk about her personal life for a long time..but she just doesn't seem to be as open/naive/sensitive as me. i dunno. so i get this feeling of her being like a 7w8 and an ENFJ at the same time.
comments?
(sorry, wall of text :()

ENFJ can be an enneagram 7. Actually any MBTI type can be any enneagram type. I also know an ENFJ (for a long time I thought he's 7, but now I discovered he's a 4w3) and we're similar in lot of ways, but I find him more naive and sensitive, than I am. It always suprises me how open he can he be about his emotions, I find it a bit creepy sometimes I wonder if all Fe types have this tendency.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As another possibility, perhaps she could be a mature ESFP 7w8 so/sp - so/sp tend to have a more "formal" style of relating, more reserved and more situationally cautious, and are usually better at keeping the focus on the other in a polite way. I have an ENFP 9w1 so/sp coworker who comes off as an ESFJ for that reason.