• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFP and ESTP relationship

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Now that I realize it, most every woman that's tried anything with me in my life was ESTP. Just mindblowing. It's in the lips and choice of dress. Smaller upper lip, large smile, seem to usually have visually pleasing bodies.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
this might sound a little "metrosexual" of me but, carrie from sex and the city was an infp and mr. big (her eventual partner) was an estp (or maybe istp). anyways, i just thought i'd bring that up.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know, I can't decide which girls are ENFJ and which are ESTP. It's still difficult at this point, but good to make mistakes.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I'm pretty confused right now that I have to talk to people before determining!

heart

heart on fire
this might sound a little "metrosexual" of me but, carrie from sex and the city was an infp and mr. big (her eventual partner) was an estp (or maybe istp). anyways, i just thought i'd bring that up.

Carrie seems ISFP. She worries too much about shoes. I have 3 pair. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think an INFP and ESTP relationship would work personally, I really enjoy ESTPs personally. When the ESTP gets to the stage in life where they are ready to settle down, that's the key. Otherwise it seems like the ESTP would chew up the INFP and spit them out when they got bored.

My interaction with ESTPs is generally good. I think that both partners think that the other is a very interesting person and is very different, but at the same time tolerates and enjoys their presence. ESTPs leave me in awe from their very grounded attitude toward things, my ESTP friends can come up with solutions to issues that make sense instantly. The ESTPs are generally amused by how random I can be, and the crazy ideas I get for conversing.

It just seems pretty good for me.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know, I can't decide which girls are ENFJ and which are ESTP. It's still difficult at this point, but good to make mistakes.

That's easy. ENFJ girls are crazy. Period. haha. ESTP women are more grounded in my opinion, but still crazy in that "thinker" way. ENFJ women are EMOTIONAL rollercoasters. HOLD ON. I dated one, platinum blonde( first red flag) this girl was crazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy. Always thinking I was sleeping with my ex girlfriend, which I was NOT. She was always assuming things for the worse. She was so flaky. She'd love me and say it during our love making sessions and then text me later and be like you hate me, you're a jerk.

I like 'em crazy though. hehe keeps me on my feet.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last ENFJ I dated was completely convinced I just wanted to fuck her then chuck her. I suppose after all I had to deal with, I'm kind of glad she's gone now. Of course, I seem to have a track record of picking up the unhealthy ones and now that I've learned to identify them quicker I go longer between girlfriends.

^Wow, I must've been mistyped or something...

Or you've dealt with yourself.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Personally, I am not convinced of how well such a relationship would work.
Obviously, there are exceptions, but in my long series of interactions with NFPs, it was impossible to keep up with the emotional roller-coaster.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've found quite a few ESTPs attractive....I just don't know if it would work in the long term.

I can see how an ESTP might be confused with an ENFJ at first, especially with women. I think many ESTP women develop a decent handle on their tertiary Fe because that's what's expected for women. Also, ENFJs can seem less structured externally, but very socially organized, and ESTPs are spontaneous but maintain a strong social network also. The key factor is seeing if they are idealistic or not. ENFJs are much more starry-eyed.

I thought my ESTP ex business partner/friend was ENFJ at first because we hit it off fantastically. Things unraveled when our perspectives and ethics didn't line up... I think ESTPs seriously underestimate the INFP backbone and will find it unpleasant when they hit that wall, and INFPs may be turned off by the ESTPs flexibility in their standards.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know it's funny because I'd totally do an ISTP or an ENTP, but ESTP is like my worst nightmare. There would be blood.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've had things with a couple of estp guys, and i can't imagine either of them working out in a serious relationship.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If he's got enneagram 8, I'm game. I tend to like 'em a little on the more introverted side though, so their introverted cousin ISTP is very interesting to me. I do agree it's only possible after both types have matured. With STPs going on a physical rollercoaster, and NFPs on an emotional one, you want both types to have somewhat of a handle and an appreciation for another's 'rollercoaster' before you can really bond over it. But, from what I've seen, their Se really feeds our Fi somehow (no clue how), and vice versa. Quite explosive :devil:

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think it's a great friendship combo. Potentially good for a relationship too, but they are hit and miss when it comes to commitment. If you find one that is willing to commit, then great!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I were emotionally capable of one night stands I could easily see myself doing that with a few ESTPs. Long term would depend on what she values and if she'd hold me after sex.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
ISTP? Yes! ESTP?

...Depends how blunt they are. :blush:

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an ESFP, and I have know many INFPs ESTPs and INTPs.

INFPs are my semi-duals.
INTPs are my duals.
ESTPs....yuck for me, but I know INFPs would love 'em.

I have first hand experience, that Duality definitely works! better than any other type-relation (Activity is not bad either)
I have dated all kinds of people (I AM an ESFP, after-all)

and I have found that the best match for me, (through EXPERIENCE), is my dual, the INTP.

and by the way, this not only includes intimate relationships, but ALSO friendships, work-related-friendships AS WELL!
my favorite types in the world, (out of my first-hand-experience) is my Duals! those funny INTP bastards. and sexy INTP cuties.

therefore, my conclusion (based on my first-hand-real-world-experience), is that Duality can work 90% of the time! and work better than all other relation types!
Hurray for Duality! that is the saving grace of life.