• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Can anyone help me settle whether i'm INFJ or INFP?

Cupcakefrog

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have only gotten INFJ as my result in both a sketchy as well as an "official" test. and I relate to the description of INFJ more than INFP I think....

but I can relate to some of the INFP descriptions too..

I just don't want to be someone who "wants to be INFJ" but is actually unknowingly INFP... which apparently is a thing? Not that theres anything wrong with being INFP, of course. I just can't tell if I actually am a judging type, or if I just answer the questions that way because I would like to be, or something?

also, in the "official" test, my judging preference was only "slight"

The one thing that makes me pretty confident that INFJ fits better, is that I am convinced I am an extroverted feeler.

for instance this: "Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others."

rings incredibly true for me. But, I don't know, I'm semi new to this. Any thoughts?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You're not giving us much to work with?

But you have a Sorrows of Young Werther quote in your sig, which SCREAMS type 4/INFP, so I'll go with that. : P

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you seem to at least have a basic understanding of the functions. Just continue reading as much as you can about them.

Try to determine which is your inferior first.

Point of advice: don't ask members of a typology forum to type you.

When you know, you'll know.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you ever find yourself saying something out of character just to make the other person's day wonderful, then very likely, you're an Infj. In most cases, an Infp won't say anything out of character, in fear of feeling or being seen as fake, or even, believing in certain things too strongly.

On the other hand, if you believe the world revolves around you, then there's not a shadow of a doubt you're an Infp :D

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]you are going to get her (or him?) high, offering brightly colored pills. :D

S

Society

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15291" target="_blank">Mane</a>you are going to get her (or him?) high, offering brightly colored pills. :D

one pill makes you judge'r...
one pill makes you feel'it'all
and the one's that myer-briggs you
don't do anything at all...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
one pill makes you judge'r...
one pill makes you feel'it'all
and the one's that myer-briggs you
don't do anything at all...

Well, in that case, lets skip the pills altogether and go straight to the moonshine!

Just kidding. I knew where you were coming from, but had an impish moment and just wanted to mess around. What can I say? Happens to the best of us sometimes. Doesn't it?

S

Society

Well, in that case, lets skip the pills altogether and go straight to the moonshine!

Just kidding. I knew where you were coming from, but had an impish moment and just wanted to mess around. What can I say? Happens to the best of us sometimes. Doesn't it?

always glad to bring that out :D

admittedly my rational was impish to begin with:

... i was really surprised that following that, a rep comment convo with an INFJ ended up doing just that.
...and while i didn't get to test it with an INFP, but for what it's worth, an ISFP said she would take both.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
always glad to bring that out :D

admittedly my rational was impish to begin with:

... i was really surprised that following that, a rep comment convo with an INFJ ended up doing just that.
...and while i didn't get to test it with an INFP, but for what it's worth, an ISFP said she would take both.

Cool! Here's to imps! :woot:

G

garbage

The one thing that makes me pretty confident that INFJ fits better, is that I am convinced I am an extroverted feeler.

for instance this: "Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others."

rings incredibly true for me. But, I don't know, I'm semi new to this. Any thoughts?
How do you relate to Fi descriptions? Do you see them as clearly "not you"?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're indeed not giving us much to work with. The easiest way to assess this is to have you talk about something you have thought about in dept - to get you ranting. It will help demonstrate your interaction style, which makes typing infinitely easier.

Based on the OP though, my first crude guess is INFP. But it could still go either way.