• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Questions for INFJ's

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Sounds like an INFJ E 4. (A real one).

Yeah. She's fucking epic.

She keeps telling me she wants to "take me down to the depths" with her. Idunno why, Do you? shit sounds unhealthy.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yeah. She's fucking epic.

She keeps telling me she wants to "take me down to the depths" with her. Idunno why, Do you? shit sounds unhealthy.

I say that to people I'm intimate with. She wants you to understand her, to share her innermost world with you, she wants you to experience what she experiences.

You can't though, of course.

If you could it would probably traumatize you for life.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Consider yourself lucky that she wants to show you these things. You're close to her heart.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I say that to people I'm intimate with. She wants you to understand her, to share her innermost world with you, she wants you to experience what she experiences.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Consider yourself lucky that she wants to show you these things. You're close to her heart.

Yes but I'm an 8. Aren't we strong or some shit? I've had multiple E4's tell me I'm stronger than everyone else, like maybe there's a sliver of chance I can handle it.

Perhaps taking me to her "depths" is only acceptable if she were a fellow christian?

This is something I've always been confused about with e4's. I become miserable and sluggish around them because they want me to go "deep down" with them. I don't get it. I've always freaked out and left, except with my ESI 4 ex, who... eegad... miserable lonely person.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yes but I'm an 8. Aren't we strong or some shit? I've had multiple E4's tell me I'm stronger than everyone else, like maybe there's a sliver of chance I can handle it.

It would be a baptism of fire.

But hey, I'm sure you could handle it. :)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
It would be a baptism of fire.

But hey, I'm sure you could handle it. :)

This concept intrigues me. Can I actually handle it?

I feel like, with my ESI ex, I hung around her for 9 months, and the intense melancholy slowly started to fade, and intense passion took its place. Idunno, What is the ACTUAL problem I'm facing here? what kind of psychological damage am I resisting?

A baptism by fire? If god lets that happen, is god still worth worshiping?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

This concept intrigues me. Can I actually handle it?

People kill themselves over less.

I feel like, with my ESI ex, I hung around her for 9 months, and the intense melancholy slowly started to fade, and intense passion took its place. Idunno, What is the ACTUAL problem I'm facing here? what kind of psychological damage am I resisting?

A baptism by fire? If god lets that happen, is god still worth worshiping?

That was always on my mind as a child. It's one of the reasons why I stopped believing in God almost right away. You know, besides the other logical reasons.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Is God an INFJ? :jesus:

I'm an atheïst. Used to be agnostic. So I couldn't possibly tell.

But on the other hand, practically all religious figures (Buddha, Jesus, priests like Teilhard De Chardin for instance, prophets and what not) all reek of INFJ.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Reminds me of this scene from (500) Days of Summer:

Not that Summer is INFJ or anything, it just reminds me of this scene because it's about sharing your innermost thoughts and feelings - sharing your world with someone. Actually I think she was INTP. Tom was the real INFJ here. :alttongue:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
People kill themselves over less.

That was always on my mind as a child. It's one of the reasons why I stopped believing in God almost right away. You know, besides the other logical reasons.

Ha.

So what if someone proved you wrong? Would you go back to believing?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Ha.

So what if someone proved you wrong? Would you go back to believing?

If someone "proved me wrong", I'd have to believe.

But that doesn't mean I'd worship, in fact I'd probably rebel even harder. : P

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I killed my boogie man in a lucid dream when I was 8 after having nightmares for almost a year. I nuked him to be exact, laff, the imagination of an 8 year old :) I lost the ability shortly after that. Almost like it was a defense mechanism of some sort. Nowadays I'm mostly a non recaller when it comes to my dreamstate *shrugs*

I lucid dream all the time & vividly recall several dreams a week... but this caught my attention because for years I had reoccurring dream (or nightmare really) since childhood about a serial killer (which varied a lot, but that was the basic theme), and in the dream the main fear was becoming/joining the serial killer. But in a lucid dream once some years ago I was able to catch and kill the serial killer & never had the dream again.

It's strange because I know what the dream represented, and whatever triggered it can still occur in life (just like stress, being overwhelmed, etc), but simply taking control of the dream got rid of it.

I'm not sure what your "boogie man" was triggered by, but I always thought you get rid of nightmares by dealing with the REAL issue your subconscious is brining up via dream, but it seems we ended these "messages" by telling our subconcious to shut the hell up :D

Okay, thread hi-jack over....

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I lucid dream all the time & vividly recall several dreams a week... but this caught my attention because for years I had reoccurring dream (or nightmare really) since childhood about a serial killer (which varied a lot, but that was the basic theme), and in the dream the main fear was becoming/joining the serial killer. But in a lucid dream once some years ago I was able to catch and kill the serial killer & never had the dream again.

Can relate. Except, I became the nightmare. >:}

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

It's strange because I know what the dream represented, and whatever triggered it can still occur in life (just like stress, being overwhelmed, etc), but simply taking control of the dream got rid of it.

I'm not sure what your "boogie man" was triggered by, but I always thought you get rid of nightmares by dealing with the REAL issue your subconscious is brining up via dream, but it seems we ended these "messages" by telling our subconcious to shut the hell up :D

Okay, thread hi-jack over....

I hadn't thought much about the real stressors that may have caused the nightmares.

My lucid "battle" escalated, I'd adapt something into my dream and use that against "it" and it would then adapt to my adaptation. Eventually, not only did I know Kung Fu like Bruce Lee but I could run really fast like the 6 million dollar man, lmao, amongst other powers. Anyways, at the time the only thing that I knew and could conceptualize, that really "ended" something was a nuclear bomb. After I nuked "it" I immediately stopped having nightmares with "it" in them.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The reason I ask, is because I suspect I met a girl who has seen "hell" first hand, and what she's seen correlates with what peter steele saw before he went insane and killed himself. Fields of thorn bushes and intense melancholy. Similar emotions were expressed in the art in "doom," the marble demons on the walls, etc.

I'm fucking curious.

interesting view of suspected INFJ

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
The reason I ask, is because I suspect I met a girl who has seen "hell" first hand, and what she's seen correlates with what peter steele saw before he went insane and killed himself. Fields of thorn bushes and intense melancholy. Similar emotions were expressed in the art in "doom," the marble demons on the walls, etc.

Peter Steele, like Peter Steele of Type O Negative ?
I thought he died of a heart attack !? :shock:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] Maybe psychic powers are not really powers at all, no more than being a fast runner or being born with musical talent or a pretty face. Maybe it's just Ni at work and because it's Ni people know things without knowing how or why they know them, or maybe it is a result of being a spiritual being in a physical world as my grandma taught and some people have just closed their minds to it.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I don't do it on purpose, either. It just happens.
I think psychic ability is just finely tuned and developed intuition, and anyone can develop theirs to the point most people would call kind of psychic. Some people have it more naturally developed than others, like a talent, so they could either get farther with it or just not have to work as much at it. I do think Ni dominance helps a lot.

That's a very good explanation; I guess you Ni-people have penetrating insight, can see into the beyond. I'd like to think that I'm a very open person to these kinds of things, even if I don't see them myself. I believe that just because I'm not good at something or don't understand what it's all about is a very foolish reason for discounting something, although many people seem to do this.
Yes, in this you are very unusual. In a good way.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Peter Steele, like Peter Steele of Type O Negative ?
I thought he died of a heart attack !? :shock:

wasn't it drug overdose? He died of heart failure, I think as a result of too many drugs. Maybe it wasn't an in-the moment overdose, but a long term thing. When i asked why he died, several people have said 'drugs.' Oh well.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJs:

as an ESTP, it takes me roughly an hour and a half of listening to music with my eyes closed, for the afterburners to turn off and my imagination to light up.

With that being said, I've heard many of you have lucid dreams, or even have obscure beliefs about the universe, some bordering on supernatural.

With my imagination being what it is, my book is a 2nd reality to me when I REALLY get into it. So my question is, am I just wading feet deep into a puddle on the roof of a skyscraper? Is there a whole other realm I haven't journeyed into yet that I'm missing out on?
/e7 problems

[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

Well let's start with lucid dreaming, because there are few topics that piss me off more. :D Why, you ask? Because most people legitimately have no idea what lucid dreaming is. It's become this trendy "oh, mhmmm totally lucid dream like it's my job", thing. Like it's positive or something?!?! Friends, let me give you some background to my annoyance before you all think I'm...something I'm not.

I am Narcoleptic. I was diagnosed when I was fifteen and lived seven years of my life as a zombie (without the blood-lust). Narcolepsy is another word most people have false definitions of, so bare with me: Narcolepsy is an abnormality of REM sleep and a Neurological disorder. The most current theory about Narcolepsy is that the cause is complete lack of the neurotransmitter Orexin. Before I tangent like crazy, the reason I'm including the loaded detail about myself if because real lucid dreaming is a product of extreme exhaustion. Tons of people have vivid, crazy, screwed up dreams but lucid dreaming (dreams in which you can control the scenario and that actually feel like you could be awake) are not healthy because they are caused by lack of the deep, restorative levels of sleep. I spent 7 years of my life struggling to maintain wakefulness during the day because my brain lives in REM the vast majority of the night. Enough months (or years in my case) of that will first produce extreme exhaustion and then lucid dreaming. A normal sleep cycle should only have short time periods of REM, with the majority of the time spent in restorative Delta sleep.

Five years ago I finally found a medication that has allowed me to function like a normal(ish) human. :blush:

Lucid dreaming isn't fun or cool, and you've actually probably never experienced it. End Rant.
-----

Onto the imagination and obscure supernatural beliefs. I suppose I do have spiritual beliefs that cause unease in others at times. I actually believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, and that as a follower of Christ it lives in me and can do crazy things through me. I also believe the opposite is extremely alive and well, Satan and demonic principalities. Spiritual Warfare is something that goes on every day, and the more ignorant I've been to it the more I've been manipulated and deceived by it. Which is why I prefer to be aware. Even in my life story, Satan has tried to sabotage my life (the Narcolepsy is a great example) because he knew what God had planned for me. God's plans have beautifully prevailed though, because he knew my pain would only bloom into beauty.

You mentioned a book you were getting really into, I do that...waaay too much actually. I get a little fixated and actually talk about stories like they are real life sometimes. I started reading the series The Wheel of Time in 7th grade and the final book just came out last January, I must have read the series through at least 12 times (there are 15 books). This does play into the depth of imagination quality of INFJ (though I think that is a largely 4 trait as well), stories and characters have always been so tangible to me. In truth though, I've seen the depth of my imagination have negative side effects too, so don't fret too much about your imagination not swallowing you whole. Until I was probably 21 not many people took my ideas or thoughts seriously (you kind of can't blame them) but I've been learning how to tame my imagination to produce actual real ideas that can give others a glimpse.

:shrug:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
wasn't it drug overdose? He died of heart failure, I think as a result of too many drugs. Maybe it wasn't an in-the moment overdose, but a long term thing. When i asked why he died, several people have said 'drugs.' Oh well.

ok I see. Could very well be. He definitely looked as if he had some issues :D

RIP