• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFJ vs. ENFP - Notes

LUBUS

MBTI Type
INTP
Hi all,

I would like to post a small and tentative comparison on the difference between the ENFJ and ENFP types. I'll just lay the text out, though it should be best read as a table....so all 6 points for the ENFJ type should match the 6 points for ENFP in the same order.

ENFJ

1- More able to clearly identify and pursue a life-long project.

2- Orchestrates / minds what is said, so as to not damage other people's pride / vanity / self-esteem / feelings.

3- When looking out for solutions, prefers one that is most convenient and simple to all envolved.

4- Very likely to observe social regulations and traditions without too much thought on overhauling or questioning them.

5- Less prone to acting without consultation or thinking about long-term consequences, especially when it concerns people.

6- More interested and more energized by being in a long-term, harmonious relationship (romantic and non-romantic alike).

ENFP

1- More difficulty in defining their lifetime goals, let alone pursuing them...in truth, prefers the thought of the being free to do so without constraints.

2- Tends to communicate with «no filter», meaning that, although sensitive, they may unwittingly hurt people when enthusiastically pursuing attractive ideas / lines of thought.

3-Prefers to look for unique solutions, no matter how erratically, and much prefers to leave their implementing to others.

4-Much less willing to compromise / be obliged by social regulations and conventions if their visions and feelings are at stake.

5-Prone to acting without consultation and with little regard to long-term consequences...likely to be caught with pants down again and again...usually apologizes profusely afterwards, but may struggle to keep resolution.

6-Prefers to explore in relationships, often prefers the spark of the new ones to the steadfastness of old ones...easily bored.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahhh. So you're an Fe-user :coffee:

Your view of ENFPs needs work.

A

Anew Leaf

Enfj:

1. Never does anything wrong.

Enfp:

1. Does everything wrong.

Am I doing this right? ;) lol.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow, OP. That was... balanced.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I'm an Fe user, and I was also like, "Damn, that's lopsided."

:heart: to the ENFPs and their awesome talents and insights

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In an attempt to not fully scare the newb off though...

It's normal to prefer your view on life - that's why they are your preferences and that is after all what MBTI is for - to figure out how your preferences work.

After that, it can help us understand why others would have other preferences and how they work. I'd say our newb is in the right place for stage two :)

So, [MENTION=20003]LUBUS[/MENTION], grab a chair, join us on here and discover the wonderful world of the ENFP...just for starters :smooch:

I'd recommend the archive for such epic battle threads as Fe vs Fi and Why do you hate an ENFP as well as Why do you love an ENFP.

Bring a change of underwear though...you're going to need it. The change of mindset will be courtesy of us, ENFPs of Typec

If you can still take more after that...PM me, and I'll arrange you a session with some very very persuasive and impressive ENFPs on here.

Lastly, something tells me you'd be epic to sing the praises of ENFJs everywhere and that type is certainly in need of some love on here. So knock yourself out making a thread on that. I'd look forward to it.

Oh...and welcome to TypeC :wink:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread is calling number 5 on both sides into serious question.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, not the most balanced list. I know I've put biased stuff out there. It can be hard to see the other side of things sometimes. There are lots of people way better than me at understanding functions and typology, but I'm gonna try to get some more balanced comparisons to add to the discussion.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Seemed okay enough to me. :D Though I would argue the last point for ENFPs. I think just about everyone likes the spark of a new relationship--even when looking back at it fondly in the present of a good one.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Holy mackerel! The OP is tremendously biased against ENFPs. [MENTION=20003]LUBUS[/MENTION] did it ever occur to you that ENFPs are just different than ENFJs. Different, not lesser.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK, just to prove my point about the OP being biased against ENFPs, I have taken the ENFJ list in the OP and rewrote each point in an enti-ENFJ light. (My rewrites are in parentheses.)

ENFJ
1- More able to clearly identify and pursue a life-long project. (Overly rigid when defining personal goals.)
2- Orchestrates / minds what is said, so as to not damage other people's pride / vanity / self-esteem / feelings. (Says whatever they think other people want to hear.)
3- When looking out for solutions, prefers one that is most convenient and simple to all involved. (Tries to please the group at all costs.)
4- Very likely to observe social regulations and traditions without too much thought on overhauling or questioning them. (Doesn’t think for themselves. Never questions traditions even when they need to be changed.)
5- Less prone to acting without consultation or thinking about long-term consequences, especially when it concerns people. (Can’t do anything without the approval of the group.)
6- More interested and more energized by being in a long-term, harmonious relationship (romantic and non-romantic alike). (Focuses on long-term relationships at the expense of forming new relationships.)

I would encourage LUBUS to consider that any personality type can be defined in negative ways.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've dated an ENFP and am friends with several Fi users. All me to assist.

ENFP

1. Has an innate sense of honor.
2. Are strong enough to be vulnerable.
3. Have explosive imaginations that allow for thinking out of the box.
4. Say the hard things that NEED to be said in order for growth to occur, whether its emotional or just on a project.
5. Free-spirits who truly love people, and won't/can't stand being something that holds anyone back.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ENFP

4. Say the hard things that NEED to be said in order for growth to occur, whether its emotional or just on a project.
5. Free-spirits who truly love people, and won't/can't stand being something that holds anyone back.

wow this is a really good list. nice to read a more realistic list of ENFP traits that focuses on more than our enthusiasm and scatteredness.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
wow this is a really good list. nice to read a more realistic list of ENFP traits that focuses on more than our enthusiasm and scatteredness.
^ i think the enthusiasm thing can be overblown too. it makes it sound like enfps are the ones jumping up and down at parties, and sometimes they are, but they're not always.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
A discussion about ENFJ vs ENFP ...shiny. I really do need help understanding what Fe and Ne really are

Although I do think I am one of these types, my individual personality does no of them justice =/

I fear that I am the stereotypical ENFP that is basically drunk off of live, not constantly of course ...but still crazy enough that I can't understand why I still have friends. Who else is going to walk into a warm full of people she doesn't know and immediately starts dancing because she can't introduce herself normally to other people? ...but I really don't have any good qualities that I can think of...

I do think I display the stereotypical Fe traits of being accepting of others' personal qualities (I am bad at being "I don't like you, you cheated on your boyfriend... I hate you because you don't work hard enough... you're a fake so I hate you.. ...but I like you and you and you for x, y, z reasons") ...I am not really that observant of others to do that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A discussion about ENFJ vs ENFP ...shiny. I really do need help understanding what Fe and Ne really are

Although I do think I am one of these types, my individual personality does no of them justice =/

I fear that I am the stereotypical ENFP that is basically drunk off of live, not constantly of course ...but still crazy enough that I can't understand why I still have friends. Who else is going to walk into a warm full of people she doesn't know and immediately starts dancing because she can't introduce herself normally to other people? ...but I really don't have any good qualities that I can think of...

I do think I display the stereotypical Fe traits of being accepting of others' personal qualities (I am bad at being "I don't like you, you cheated on your boyfriend... I hate you because you don't work hard enough... you're a fake so I hate you.. ...but I like you and you and you for x, y, z reasons") ...I am not really that observant of others to do that.

= Ne interaction style - also known as the stream-of-consciousness style.

Crude guess: ENFP :D

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
= Ne interaction style - also known as the stream-of-consciousness style.

Crude guess: ENFP :D

lol that's what everyone guesses. Eh, but I guess I did inherit the genetics of the Internet ^_^
It's just that I am not sure if I relate to inferior Si...

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You made ENFJ sound like rainbows to the ENFPs crud. lol
It's okay- it does sound like ENFPs but the ways it's laid out makes us sound horrid. We actually rock!
:smile:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
plus there's more of us here so we can totally take you :cheese:

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ENFP

SO much so that until recently- I thought everyone could.
I mean that- cuz until I started talking about these topics with people who study MBTI- I DID NOT realize how this is SUCH A BIG DEAL to so many people. So many people cannot deal with this. I have taken for granted that this is a no brainer for me. And if I AM hurt from being vulnerable, I recover quickly. Like who cares? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.