• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFJ vs. ENFP - Notes

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have always seen something similar in ENFPs. I havent seen it as much as being so strong that they can be vulnerable, but being vulnerable in dealing with painful stuff, but yet strong not to get broken by them and like [MENTION=15728]AzulEyes[/MENTION] said; "And if I AM hurt from being vulnerable, I recover quickly. Like who cares? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

that's awesome- I don't know any INTPs - so I feel like I don't know strengths/ weaknesses of your type generally speaking of course.
And not to say I can't hurt like no other- but vascillating in a dark place of sorrow is just not a natural place for the bubbly ENFP. It is certainly not the place where we get our energy from which is the outside world and from people. So our tempermant almost lends itself to quicker recovering because it's survival. Wallow too long- and we will lose ourselves.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd kinda like to point out that this was posted by a Fi person (uumlau's comment, I mean). And Fi people agreed. But basically the same thing has been said about Ti people by Ti people. I think we're just 'in tune' with people who think like we do.

The reaction to the op is kinda funny to me, and makes me think a lot of NFPs have no clue how often they actually sound exactly that biased themselves.

Do you think I'm biased saying ENFPs are most in tune with individual people?
This is true though. We are the ones everyone comes to and cries on our shoulders.
We are the ones cheerleading everyone out of their mass depressions and talking them off the ledge.
We are the ones telling people all the great qualities they have- that they seem to forget about when they've gotten themselves in a funk and we encourage them to get out there and do something about their situations.
We are fascinated by the individual.
We suck at paying bills.
So where is the bias - just because we're talking about a known strength?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The reaction to the op is kinda funny to me, and makes me think a lot of NFPs have no clue how often they actually sound exactly that biased themselves.

Of course, some xNFPs are biased in their thinking, but I don't think that's really relevant when judging the negative reaction to this thread's OP. Isn't an important raison d'etre of this forum to understand people of other types and even have compassion for them? LUBUS' OP displayed very little understanding that each type has its own strengths and weaknesses. (Perhaps that's because he's relatively new to the forum and hasn't matured yet in his understanding of type.) To me it's offensive when anyone, be they xNFP or xNFJ or whatever type, compares two types by juxtaposing one type's strengths with another's weaknesses and then touts the juxtaposition as a fair assessment.

W

WALMART

ENFP's are bound by irrational experience.

ENFJ's are bound to some form of rationality.

2 ez

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ENFP's are bound by irrational experience.

ENFJ's are bound to some form of rationality.

I assume you are using Jung's definition of rational and irrational here. You are correct when comparing the Fe/Fi differences between these two types. But couldn't the opposite be said when discussing Te (used by ENFPs) versus Ti (used by ENFJs)?

W

WALMART

I assume you are using Jung's definition of rational and irrational here. You are correct when comparing the Fe/Fi differences between these two types. But couldn't the opposite be said when discussing Te (used by ENFPs) versus Ti (used by ENFJs)?

I am comparing the variances of the dominant function.

Ne is bound "by the thongs of fate". It is attuned primarily by the experience it accumulates. It is constantly seeking out possibility across this spectrum of experience - business opportunities, relationships, social connections, etc.

Fe is bound by forms of reason. To assist, to nourish, to right wrongs, and so forth.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Irrational functions - S and N

Rational functions - T and F

Sorry I gave so little for Fe, I know far more of its negative manifestations than its regular presentation.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I the only one who didn't see the ENFP description as negative? I didn't see the ENFJ description as very positive either.

:wacko:

I did get the feeling that the ENFJ list was a little better, but not enough to get upset about. Then again I'm not ENFJ or ENFP. I thought most of the differences were accurate, just maybe needed to be said in a better way. Use your Fe more, OP. ;)

haha! :D

wanting an enfp party atm "i" think we're awesome
I think an ENFP party would be really awesome. ENFP's and people who love them.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am comparing the variances of the dominant function.

Ne is bound "by the thongs of fate". It is attuned primarily by the experience it accumulates. It is constantly seeking out possibility across this spectrum of experience - business opportunities, relationships, social connections, etc.

Fe is bound by forms of reason. To assist, to nourish, to right wrongs, and so forth.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Irrational functions - S and N

Rational functions - T and F

Sorry I gave so little for Fe, I know far more of its negative manifestations than its regular presentation.

Without Ne- new ideas will not be sprung on the planet. Ne lends to innovation.

And for the record- ENFPs are very capable of being rational, logical and having logical arguments and making rational decisions. But placing a high value on possiblities and keeping the door open for new-ness and change is very Ne dom- so ENFPs and ENTPs are the branstormers in that regard.

W

WALMART

Without Ne- new ideas will not be sprung on the planet. Ne lends to innovation.

And for the record- ENFPs are very capable of being rational, logical and having logical arguments and making rational decisions. But placing a high value on possiblities and keeping the door open for new-ness and change is very Ne dom- so ENFPs and ENTPs are the branstormers in that regard.

Yes. You should look into the terms as used by Jung to get a feel for rational vs. irrational; irrationality in no way precludes a lack of rationality. They simply aren't defined by it. That is their strongest suit, as it is with all of the irrational types.

Ne is not defined, however, by any special degree of mental cognition of possibilities. That is more an introverted function's responsibility. Ne is consumed by this one potential, not a multitude of potentials.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. You should look into the terms as used by Jung to get a feel for rational vs. irrational; irrationality in no way precludes a lack of rationality. They simply aren't defined by it. That is their strongest suit, as it is with all of the irrational types.

Ne is not defined, however, by any special degree of mental cognition of possibilities. That is more an introverted function's responsibility. Ne is consumed by this one potential, not a multitude of potentials.

I feel like your last sentence contradicts the one before it. (A little confused.)

And in general- shows why all of the types are equals as we need the idea people- and then we need the people to implement said ideas- and then we need the sensors to make sure everyone isn't starving while the ideas are being implemented. ;) :smile:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I took the liberty of attempting to revise the list as I see it. Accurate/better, ENFP's? [MENTION=20003]LUBUS[/MENTION], would you agree with these?

ENFJ

1- More able to clearly identify and pursue a life-long project.

2- Orchestrates / minds what is said, so as to not damage other people's pride / vanity / self-esteem / feelings.

3- When looking out for solutions, prefers one that is most convenient and simple to all envolved.

4- Very likely to observe social regulations and traditions without too much thought on overhauling or questioning them.

5- Less prone to acting without consultation or thinking about long-term consequences, especially when it concerns people.

6- More interested and more energized by being in a long-term, harmonious relationship (romantic and non-romantic alike).

ENFP

1- More difficulty in defining their lifetime goals, let alone pursuing them...in truth, prefers the thought of the being free to do so without constraints.

2- Tends to communicate with «no filter», meaning that, although sensitive, they may unwittingly hurt people when enthusiastically pursuing attractive ideas / lines of thought.

3-Prefers to look for unique solutions, no matter how erratically, and much prefers to leave their implementing to others.

4-Much less willing to compromise / be obliged by social regulations and conventions if their visions and feelings are at stake.

5-Prone to acting without consultation and with little regard to long-term consequences...likely to be caught with pants down again and again...usually apologizes profusely afterwards, but may struggle to keep resolution.

6-Prefers to explore in relationships, often prefers the spark of the new ones to the steadfastness of old ones...easily bored.

ENFJ
1 Goals tend to be specific and driven by external problems which the ENFJ can help solve. Long range planner, with short and long term goals and steps to achieve them. Focused on interpersonal dynamics.

2 Views communication as a tool for interpersonal harmony. May say what they think the other person needs or wants to hear, driven by outcomes.

3 When looking for solutions sees the happiness and convenience of all involved as first priority, but may focus on the group at the expense of the individuals.

4 Sees social regulations and traditions as tools to use for the achievement of goals; likely will have own ideas of what they should be to achieve their view of social justice.

5 Uses assessment of long term consequences for people and outside consultation in the planning process and implements when a clear plan is achieved. Highly effective in unifying goals and visions into a workable outcome, adept at balancing many projects and goals at once.

6 *I have actually not found ENFJ's to be monogamous or focused. All three of the ENFJ's I've met have been rather promiscuous.*
In intimate relationships:
If monogamous: enjoys commitment, mutual devotion and each person meeting the needs of the other and enhancing their life.
If non-monogamous: enjoys balancing multiple relationships at once, short term encounters, flirtation, and the excitement of exploring different interaction patterns.

ENFP
1 Goals tend to be more general and personally driven, motivated by a sense of inner harmony, adventure, productivity, and creating and maintaining personal connections with people. Project oriented.

2 Views communication as a mode for expression of inner states. Seeks to connect their inner state with that of another. Genuine and sensitive, but may simply trust that the other person's reaction is their own responsibility.

3 When looking for solutions focuses on practicality in outcome, but values each person seeking their own best interest in the problem solving process. Clever and ingenious in finding creative ideas.

4 Sees social regulations and traditions as summation of popular preference; as such feels free to follow own personal preference when appropriate. Believes in freedom and individual well-being.

5 Projects are personally driven; often works with others who have similar personally driven goals, projects, visions, and passions, to collectively achieve goals. Improvises and plans as she goes along, adept at adapting to change.

6. In relationships:
If monogamous: enjoys a deep soul connection. May be serially monogamous. Enjoys sharing novel experiences with a partner. Very devoted and loyal if connection is present.
If non-monogamous: enjoys the thrill of spontaneous encounters. Truly loves the person they are with, but equally loves adventure.

LUBUS

MBTI Type
INTP
My, what a reaction...I wonder why I don't get anything like this for my other typology posts here...

As the title says, these are notes, notes I've scribbled down some months ago and stashed them away in a drawer, only to get them out on here one random day ... as the name implies, they are preliminary in nature, and so, they're meant to criticized and improved...I hope most here have understood that.

I guess some people would call this an «outburst» of sorts ... but they most of the posts point to my supposed bias towards ENFJs / Fe-types at the expense of the ENFPs...I agree that the tone of the sentences makes it seem that way...but I also think that the impersonal message is there as well...and that message can coloured positive or negative.

My thread was not meant to hurt, offend, satirize, tease (...) the ENFPs ... if you want to know, I have known some people who are likely ENFJs and ENFPs...and both have provided me with very good company and inspiration. I did not really factor the possible emotional impact of the tone of the ENFJ vs. ENFP points...I suppose I might have had someone in mind when rambling on the ENFPs...

I would post an explanation of those 6 points, but it seems that [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] has beat me to it...I think it is a good job, written in a more 'suitable' / neutral tone...and it is arguably richer in content...though I confess I'm not too keen on those polysyllables...

By the way, I'm typed as an INTP ...which would make me more likely to defend a Ne-type than an Fe-type ...unless you believe I have a great unconscious desire to reconcile myself with my long lost Fe ...perhaps...also the very one that makes 'forget' to factor the emotional impact of my deeds and words.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I see that we are all quite learned on ENFP / ENFJ matters...I have another note slip on the INFJs and INFPs ...but I'm now having second thoughts on posting that one...let alone the INTP vs. INTJ one.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, I hope you do. Should be a good read.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[...]

I see that we are all quite learned on ENFP / ENFJ matters...I have another note slip on the INFJs and INFPs ...but I'm now having second thoughts on posting that one...let alone the INTP vs. INTJ one.

6WoOpgL.jpg

Seriously, though. I did think the response to your post was somewhat harsh. I assumed you made your ENFJ list first, and then made the ENFP list by contrast.... which made it seem less balanced than you likely intended.

LUBUS

MBTI Type
INTP
Seriously, though. I did think the response to your post was somewhat harsh. I assumed you made your ENFJ list first, and then made the ENFP list by contrast.... which made it seem less balanced than you likely intended.

No, I didn't do it in linear fashion...it was quite all over the place, as usual...the Ne acting up, I guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My, what a reaction...I wonder why I don't get anything like this for my other typology posts here...

As the title says, these are notes, notes I've scribbled down some months ago and stashed them away in a drawer, only to get them out on here one random day ... as the name implies, they are preliminary in nature, and so, they're meant to criticized and improved...I hope most here have understood that.

I guess some people would call this an «outburst» of sorts ... but they most of the posts point to my supposed bias towards ENFJs / Fe-types at the expense of the ENFPs...I agree that the tone of the sentences makes it seem that way...but I also think that the impersonal message is there as well...and that message can coloured positive or negative.

My thread was not meant to hurt, offend, satirize, tease (...) the ENFPs ... if you want to know, I have known some people who are likely ENFJs and ENFPs...and both have provided me with very good company and inspiration. I did not really factor the possible emotional impact of the tone of the ENFJ vs. ENFP points...I suppose I might have had someone in mind when rambling on the ENFPs...

I would post an explanation of those 6 points, but it seems that [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] has beat me to it...I think it is a good job, written in a more 'suitable' / neutral tone...and it is arguably richer in content...though I confess I'm not too keen on those polysyllables...

By the way, I'm typed as an INTP ...which would make me more likely to defend a Ne-type than an Fe-type ...unless you believe I have a great unconscious desire to reconcile myself with my long lost Fe ...perhaps...also the very one that makes 'forget' to factor the emotional impact of my deeds and words.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Haha the enfps are a bit feisty and don't keep much to ourselves. We're not actually hurt or upset or anything just kinda saying ummm fix this shit yo.

Welcome to type c ;)