• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] A little help getting over inner anxiety and pain?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it is not easy- and I'm sure there is A LOT of Fi soul searching you need to do to figure out what YOUR values are since someone else's values were pummelled into your head- no fault of your own.

You can do this.

AzulEyes is right.

It's going to take some time to sort this all out. Oh wait...pretty much what Qlip said. I'd add, be patient with yourself. It can be hard not to rush through this process in order to get rid of the discomfort but don't give into that temptation.

You really do have everything you need already inside you to work this all out. Hold onto that fact and never let go of it.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Scoop out what has been untouched by it and carry it like an open flame.

V

violaine

I'm sorry. :hug: You are grieving and grief has stages. It will pass, which is not to minimize the present pain. :-( You have a chance to start again and fill your life with things you really want for yourself, run towards that and all of the things you're hurting over will be a memory one day. All of those things you were told you could never do or be... Now YOU get to decide all of that for yourself. Yay. Honestly, if my experience is anything to go by, the family stuff really sucks. But life gets better and the life you'll have far surpasses anything you would have had in the religion. It's really hard to be one of the people who woke up and broke free from the mind control, but you will fill that void and the instincts that helped you wake up will serve you really well in life. Don't forget how they try to keep people in by printing stories of people who left and came to grief and regretted leaving - which I highly doubt are even authentic stories as they're so ridiculous - you're dealing with so much brainwashing; you've been conditioned to feel bad for leaving, you might not be able to get your bearings for a little while. It's ok. Point your feet in the right direction and soon you'll start to feel your life. Your true self will emerge and I promise you it will feel amazing. You have the chance to be a positive example for others in a similar situation too. That is an amazingly meaningful mission in life. :hug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The only way to move on is to forget. The only way to forget is to find something you enjoy doing enough that it stops your thoughts from re-visiting the negativity and the past. For me it is reading, and I find hope in the singularity especially. When I read things I like to read, my mind pretty much stays away from the painful topics and gets into the reading.

Your mind dwells on what you spend your time doing. If you spend your time thinking negative thoughts, your brain will think even more about the negative thoughts and their consequences. If you spend your time doing what you like, your brain will begin to start thinking in those terms.

Summer 2013 was a waking nightmare for me. Midway through I cracked and tried to get myself out of the hole. I would spend my time reading, and as I was doing so, sometimes terribly painful thoughts would arise, but I would go back to reading as soon as I could once it happened. In a couple months, those thoughts became less frequent and sharp and I was even able to be unoccupied without those painful thoughts coming up most of the time.

i enjoy writing...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sorry. :hug: You are grieving and grief has stages. It will pass, which is not to minimize the present pain. :-( You have a chance to start again and fill your life with things you really want for yourself, run towards that and all of the things you're hurting over will be a memory one day. All of those things you were told you could never do or be... Now YOU get to decide all of that for yourself. Yay. Honestly, if my experience is anything to go by, the family stuff really sucks. But life gets better and the life you'll have far surpasses anything you would have had in the religion. It's really hard to be one of the people who woke up and broke free from the mind control, but you will fill that void and the instincts that helped you wake up will serve you really well in life. Don't forget how they try to keep people in by printing stories of people who left and came to grief and regretted leaving - which I highly doubt are even authentic stories as they're so ridiculous - you're dealing with so much brainwashing; you've been conditioned to feel bad for leaving, you might not be able to get your bearings for a little while. It's ok. Point your feet in the right direction and soon you'll start to feel your life. Your true self will emerge and I promise you it will feel amazing. You have the chance to be a positive example for others in a similar situation too. That is an amazingly meaningful mission in life. :hug:

thank you...
that is a good thought...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
About what?

science fiction with a dash of fantasy...

I had a dream last night about saving a girl from a cult known as Jewdu. All of the cultist wore these masks that made them look like old men...
Most were really young women, but the leader was really a horrible monster...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Take two tablespoons of flax oil every day.
Get some exercise.

thank you.

I always heard exercise was good.

Anyway, I hope that I can keep my contact to this site.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] How old are you?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
17, though I feel older...

I left the JW's when I was 15, and I left home at 16. My family life was a mess, though. It's really hard to know what's really going on when you're coming to terms with so much in your life. So much happens at 17 not even taking into account having to deal with this. I hope you get to stay on the forums.

Oh, by the way, another really great community to involve yourself in is the Reformed Judaic community. One thing you will find in these other spiritual based communities, is because they aren't as culty as the JWs, they won't nearly be as recruiting and thus not feel as supportive as the JWs.

Related, this quote came up by one of my favorite ex-peeps, Joseph Campbell.

“When I was about sixteen years old, in prep school, and knew I was losing my childhood faith, I resolved that I would not quit the Catholic church until I knew why I was quitting, that is to say, until I had dissolved the symbols and knew what they referred to and meant. The whole thing wasn’t over until I was twenty-five years old and in Germany. I spent nine years working everything out, and then it just dropped off like a worn-out shirt. That’s the knowing thing. If you don’t know what the hell that symbol is saying to you, then it’s just there as a command, and there is going to be more and more of this hanging on. If you can’t use your mind in this rather complex field, I don’t know how you are going to work it out.

"You become mature when you become the authority for your own life.”

Joseph Campbell, “A Joseph Campbell Companion: Reflections on the Art of Living”

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I left the JW's when I was 15, and I left home at 16. My family life was a mess, though. It's really hard to know what's really going on when you're coming to terms with so much in your life. So much happens at 17 not even taking into account having to deal with this. I hope you get to stay on the forums.

Oh, by the way, another really great community to involve yourself in is the Reformed Judaic community. One thing you will find in these other spiritual based communities, is because they aren't as culty as the JWs, they won't nearly be as recruiting and thus not feel as supportive as the JWs.

Related, this quote came up by one of my favorite ex-peeps, Joseph Campbell.

This certaintly is complex...